It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum missing in recent posts - Please help (Option to add forum back is not available either)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So the Rant forum is missing in BTS/Off-Topic and I have no idea where it went.
I didn't remove forum AFAIK and I remember this issue coming up before and if a forum has been removed then when looking at the "all forums" section, there should be a little add/plus sign to reinstate the forum... however this is not there.

Any help?

This is the recent posts bit of Off Topic and there are at least 2 rant threads missing.

Here is the forums part and there is no little add sign next to or on or above the rant forum.

Just used a different browser to show that the forums are actually there when I'm not logged in

Please help
edit on 21/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I tested it out and you're correct. I removed US Elections and went to forum and the add option is missing. Nice catch!

No elections forum.....drat.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yeah it's weird, Maybe SO working on something and it's just a bug at the moment.
Hopefully it gets sorted.

Thanks for trying and for sacrificing the US politics forum, however will you cope.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
About "glitches"…

Anyone else experience a 'page overlay' that blanked the tool bar and presented those icons down the left side of page?

It has 'gone away', but for 4 days I was unable to post on new threads or reply directly to other posters at the top of thread pages.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I noticed what you are speaking about last week . Not sure if its still like that but can say I haven't noticed it as of late .

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: intrptr

I noticed what you are speaking about last week . Not sure if its still like that but can say I haven't noticed it as of late .

Bingo, thank you. Its cleared up for me as well as of this am. Mark Allen listened to my rantings about it for the last three days.

All Hail ATS staff!

Check your U2Us…

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I didn't notice it yet.
But I always have thought it would be better to hide single threads I'm not interested in then complete subfora.. 😎

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yep, no Rant posts in my recent tab either, weird that.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

The others have probably already told you this but all you need to do is go into any thread in that forum and hit the heart there . That will put the forum and it's most recent five threads on the left side of your myATS page.
Actually I don't remember the forum page itself ever having an add to favorites icon. It's always been in the threads. You can delete the thread from your myATS page where you'll find it under favorite threads and the forum will still be on the left side under favorite forums.
Hope this helps.
edit on 2212016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I hit the little heart at the top of this page it will make board business one of my favorite forums. And this thread a favorite thread. I can delete either list on my myATS page.

edit on 2212016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 2212016 by Sillyolme because: Fix auto correct

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That doesn't work sadly... I already have it favourited and it it STILL doesn't show in recent posts.
I'm hoping that someone from the staff will comment on this or have a solution.
I sent SO a U2U and have had no reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Bump....

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'll be looking at this today.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

And you seem to have sorted it good sir, many thanks SO.
Was a real bummer.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I can see a horrible forum in recent posts that I blocked. Doesn't allow me to get rid of it anymore. grrrr

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That feature is being revamped.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I can see a horrible forum in recent posts that I blocked. Doesn't allow me to get rid of it anymore. grrrr

Ooooo just saw this, what was the forum Zazz??

new topics

top topics

join