It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reread the sermon on the moun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
For some reason i was inspired to go to the kjv of the bible and search for the sermon from the mount.. i have always considered myself a christian but have never actually read or had been read the full sermon... we have all heard bits and pieces like "the meek shall inherit the earth" and " turn the other cheek" but last night i read the full sermon in its entirety. And ask all of you to do the same. Muslim, Christians, Atheist, Jews what ever your religion or belief. Read this sermon .or i would even say that this isnt a sermon.... but a contract being spoke aloud. A list of promises being spoke outloud for the first time by one of the only two entities in our lffes with the authority to fulfill them. This isnt just some preacher professing his understanding of life after death. And what happens if we so choose to live with the fear of god. This is god saying directly to his childrenif you choose to believe in me and follow my sons example. ...this is your reward..... makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Just thought i would share my 3xcitement and updated understanding of religionif it offends some of you.. i really dont care. Im not trying to push my religion but have had an awakenig of sorts an epiphany if you will thats all. Sorry if i have wasted anybodys time. But in my uneducated unsophisticated opinion is those words might just be inspirational to others no matter what your beliefs weather you look at them as gospel or nothing more than mere words. To me, just the smallest possibil8ty that it is gospel and not just words is worth the effort..... "as i have loved you. Love one another" that qoute sums it all up for me. Just typeing that last qoute .shores up many doubts. Of christs existance being real or made up..who would gain by making him up. No gov. Nopolitical agenda only youwww.kingjamesbibleonline.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: traintrain

Only you would gain if his existance is real . His last comandment wasnt make sure you do as your rulers tell you to do. (Like it most likely would have been if it was made up or some conspiracy ) it was "as i have loved you, love one another!"

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The sermon on the mount is like an immunization to those of the prosperity gospel

Christs promise is for the future, not for now

It's a great message wether you choose t believe in Christ or not, it's a potty more Christians don't live by that simple message

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It is so simple. and just sitting there in plain sight. Pure poetry "Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.....that one giv3s me goosebumps. A promise of truth. No adays it seems so far away

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not everybody understands "righteousness" nowadays. They think it means "smug and virtuous".
But it's really about having a clear and untroubled relationship with God.

edit on 21-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

S&F my brother.......

This revelation has been given to you to share with others. Many have read these words but yet do not understand for it takes wisdom from heaven to reveal this. This wisdom comes from the Holy Spirit.

During these times many both young and old will be shown from heaven what is to come.

God is merciful and he is gathering his lost sheep together with the flock.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I think most people read the sermon wrong and believe that Jesus was being passive, when he wasn't. In truth, he wasn't speaking for the benefit of neighbors, or anyone who would sin against another, but for the benefit of those who would follow him; teaching them how to be blameless.

I mean, he didn't teach, "thy neighbor deserves to be loved" -- he taught: "in order for you to be blameless, you have to, yourself, be love/love others."

...there is a distinction there that I think a lot of people miss.

Matthew 10:
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Seriously, if you read the sermon and get all warm and bubbly feeling, then you're doing it wrong. What you ought to do is read it and be scared for your life. Does no one know how hard it is to forgive people who sinned against them? That is incredibly difficult, and yet that is exactly what he is calling for!
edit on 2/21/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Seriously, if you read the sermon and get all warm and bubbly feeling, then you're doing it wrong.

Starred for this sentence alone. You'll be hard pressed to find a believer who has read and understood the gravity of what the writer is saying in that discourse.

OTOH, the sermon on the mount might be one of the better cause and effect teachings out there, from a metaphysical perspective.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

What you said is something that can be added upon with Paul's words that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in the heavenly realm . Think about the poor chap that was possessed with many daemons and imagine what things he did and how people though about him . Not hating the person but the thing is key to loving even our enemies as Christ said on the cross to forgive them as they know not what they do .

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I wouldn't disagree. But how, given the responsibility we have for our families and others, do we implement the injunction to 'take no thought for the morrow'?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That sermon was a doctrinal thesis to be followed in the Kingdom that is promised to Israel, Jesus was preparing Israel for the Kingdom.

But after rejecting God the Father in the Old Testament and rejecting Christ in the four Gospel Narratives and then finally the Holy Ghost in Acts Chapter 7. that physical earthly Kingdom is set forth to be established in a future time.

edit on 21-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I wouldn't disagree. But how, given the responsibility we have for our families and others, do we implement the injunction to 'take no thought for the morrow'?

I know this sounds like a bit of a cop out and pat answer

The bible is a spiritual book, it should be read with a spiritual intent.
There is a balance between physical and spiritual, and we need to find that balance, love be the whole of the law

I think the truth comes out in relationships and community within the church, (being the Christian community, not building, and certainly not everyone) asking questions, being open and listening to others advice.
I also think listening to that very small insignificant voice, as hard as it is to hear in this noisy world, is also important.
Listen and act on that still quiet voice that is Gods Spirit

Otherwise, good question, don't really have an answer

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

the answer to this is really found in the very same chapter...

Its all about trusting that God has a plan for your life...

read from verse 25 til the end of the chapter...

for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself

Matthew 6

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah for a Jew who is going to live in the Kingdom.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself

I have to leave my children's education and welfare to take care of themselves?

What would happen to humanity of everyone lived like this and took no thought for the morrow?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I live in fear of nothing, especially God.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Blessed are the Cheesemakers.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself

I have to leave my children's education and welfare to take care of themselves?

What would happen to humanity of everyone lived like this and took no thought for the morrow?

try to think more along the lines of spirituality as opposed to things that need to be done in every day life...

God doesn't pay the bills...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm not sure I understand this 'spirituality'. Why is it more important than my children?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Its a part of your children, and you...

Not more important then...

Give this a try...

Who are you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join