It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 killed in random serial shooting in Kalamazoo County, Michigan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed

originally posted by: gottaknow
Apparently, another child(9) has died from the Cracker Barrel incident.
The Cracker Barrel is neighbored by a large trailer park on 9th street. Stadium Drive where the Seelye center is would be on the way to downtown and the 3rd apartment location and eventually to where the suspect was apprehended. The North Side is considered the bad part of town around here.

Seems like that child is in critical condition.

Latest reports are:

3 total shootings

4 adults dead

9 year old shot at Cracker Barrel in very critical condition

Female adult victim in serious condition

There are also 2 dead, a man and his son, at the car dealership. 6 dead in total.

That's right. Updated my post. So sad.

Latest reports are:

3 total shootings

6 total dead / 2 seriously injured

4 adults dead

Father and son killed at Kia dealership (female family member survived unharmed)

9 year old shot at Cracker Barrel in very critical condition

Female adult victim in serious condition

edit on 21-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Curious69

We just refuse to be disarmed. Why should we disarm, we know the criminals will not be.

Yes i know. so say hello to shooting sprees, you only get what you deserve, happy arms race to you all.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

My best wishes are to you and your family. This is a terrible thing to have happened, and even worse right in your backyard.

Thank you! While Kzoo is no stranger to crime and the occasional murders, this is going to have a huge and lasting impact around here, especially once the victims are announced.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Leonidas

Naturally we have those who are condemning all gun owners for the actions of 1 individual.

Don't worry, they will have President Obama, Gungrabber in Chief, on the News supporting their bias shortly......while Hillary is most likely scrambling to insert it into her campaign jargon to stay fresh while stroking their bias for votes.

edit on 21-2-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I think the MSM are too caught up in the elections this morning, but then I've not turned the tv on in the last hour. I think this is why the guy gave up so easily. No major press coverage to go down in a blaze of glory. Fox, CNN, and NBC are just so caught up in their "0m6 7rum9 & 54nd3r2" to be bothered and I'm actually kind of glad if that is still the case at this moment.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to those involved. What a bummer of a day.
Glad they have the guy in custody. Seems a shame he didn't turn the gun on himself and save the Michigan taxpayers a whole lot of money.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
14 year old girl just succumbed to her injuries, making the death toll at 7.

It's just disgusting. When young teenagers die it's the worst, they have so much ahead of them and so many dreams to fulfill.

I hope they throw this guy in with the general pop at the penitentiary before they fry him, we all know what they do to people who kill little girls.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

That's what i always think of first,being a mother,when i hear news of such a tragedy or atrocity: "That's some one's child,or some one's mom or dad"
Very sad and awful.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That is just hideous,just 14yo..my heart is breaking for her parents and loved ones,for the loved ones of all these victims. I hope that rotten POS rots in a place worse than hell! The death sentence is too quick and merciful in a case like this!!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Yes i know. so say hello to shooting sprees, you only get what you deserve, happy arms race to you all.

Clueless is what your post tells most of us about you. Take guns from all law abiding citizens and that will fix everything. All the street gangs and criminals won't be giving up their guns, so just how much safer would you be?

If people want to go off and kill others a lack of a gun isn't going to stop anybody, they'll just hop in their car and mow down a crowd of people or use a different means to accomplish the same goal.

So if a bunch of incidents involving pressure cooker bombs are used to kill people are you going to advocate we make those illegal too? There are many ways to kill, using a gun is but one of thousands of possible ways.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Well it appears that we will sadly be talking about the tragedy that is currently developing in Kalamazoo county in Michigan.

Yawwwwn...
Is this even newsworthy anymore?
More shootings, and the 'answer' is arm everyone else!
So now they are getting armed and this is our daily fodder.
I repeat, it's boring (to me, of course) already...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Sadly, Michigan has not had the death penalty since the 1840s. In fact, no prisoner of the State has been executed since statehood, though one federal prisoner has been executed in Michigan.

But I agree, tossing this guy, assuming he makes it that far, into general population isn't going to go well for him. We have some decent lawyers in this state, and depending in the court, a weak justice system. I bet whoever he has represent him will push for this guy to not be in the general population.

Still very strange that he gave himself up. I didn't expect him to go out in a hail of gunfire, but in most cases like this people take their own lives. That's what I was expecting to hear this morning. I'm glad that's the way it went down though. Now we'll get answers (hopefully) and it kept our LEOs out of harm's way.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Clueless is what your post tells most of us about you. Take guns from all law abiding citizens and that will fix everything. All the street gangs and criminals won't be giving up their guns, so just how much safer would you be?

If people want to go off and kill others a lack of a gun isn't going to stop anybody, they'll just hop in their car and mow down a crowd of people or use a different means to accomplish the same goal.

So if a bunch of incidents involving pressure cooker bombs are used to kill people are you going to advocate we make those illegal too? There are many ways to kill, using a gun is but one of thousands of possible ways.

Still... Ya gotta admit that if the shooter hadn't had access to that gun. Things probably would be different.
Hillary is surely going to continue obama's plan and get these guns back though.
And amen to that.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Hillary is a liability, she's done son...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

***snip***

But don't you find it amazing that with all those guns among the law abiding citizens, not many go on killing sprees where they shoot drug dealers or other criminals?

And not many actually consider the 27 amendments as ultimate proof that the founding fathers got it wrong in the first place, or didn't anticipate some of the effects.
And of those amendments some of them are definitely wrong, when you consider that the 2nd has given rise to gun nutters and mentally sick people owning (and obviously using) guns.
Of course -"well regulated" doesn't mean that loonies and stupid people shouldn't own guns. We have the courts to help us define that.

I don't mind people actually owning guns. It is the fascination of them and the apparent need to own lots of them and preferably owning some really serious hardware, that desturbs me. That changes you (not you personally) from "a pro gun law abiding citizen with a need to protect yourself" to a complete idiot.

And we read comments from many of these law abiding citizens, that wants to use recreational drugs, and in their haste promptly goes out and buys it from criminals, who use their guns for no good. Yeah. Smart idea. Let's support the criminals.

But hey. What do I know. I live in a country where shooting sprees don't happen.
Yes we have a few criminals with guns. We are dealing with it without arming the whole population.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

You said something very important here when you stated it changes you...

I agree completely in the sense it may change a weak minded individual into the belief he has become powerful and the love for them develops into a need to use them...

Perhaps people's mental state should be checked into further and on a regular basis...

And that would be a hell of a big job, and job creation is a very good thing...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There is a picture of the man that was arrested on yahoo news. They are reporting he has no prior criminal history or arrests. Also that the shootings seemed random. ???

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Yes.
These are the guys I fear:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
14 year old girl just succumbed to her injuries, making the death toll at 7..

It was inaccurate reporting. She is still alive, but gravely injured.

Authorities previously reported that seven people had been killed in the shooting incidents, but Getting said a 14-year-old girl shot at a Cracker Barrel restaurant did not die. She is "gravely injured," however, he said.

CNN

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I own several knives.

Because I have never plunged one into a neck, or forced one into someone's armpit, I can expect no karma related backwash. The same goes for those who have never shot a person in cold blood.

Your point is empty, and your attitude authoritarian. Neither of these things belong in this century.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join