It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books with spells in them

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

just read through that thread thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman
No problem, not the greatest thread, but perhaps the link was useful. I know at some point I will post a thread on Satanism (with more information on the actual thread rather than links) and I've said so in the past, but things get in the way. It won't be anytime soon either. But one day

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So - are you people actually talking about "real things" here? As in, a book with magical spells like Harry Potter?

Or have I misread read the thread and it's an MMORPG I'm not aware of..

Do you actually believe spells...are... real?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician
Please...if you more to say to me PM me. Let us not detract.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
Yes we're going to turn you into a frog. NEXT!

Joking mate, but yes that is the point of the thread (not my own belief in it though really)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No no, that's fine. I don't care what people believe so long as it doesnt hurt/infringe on someone's freedom.

I still may laugh hysterically to myself but hey-ho, that's my problem.

I remember buying several old antiquarian books like, "The Key of Solomon" and have a copy of Crowley's 777 book (from 1905, one of the limited edition 500 prints) and they have incantations, etc -- but, it's all made up. It isn't real. I'm not sure ho/why people believe they are real.

I have the books purely from a monetary point of view. Not occult.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Digital_Reality
I wonder if the book "Book of Abramelin" is any good.

Abramelin is a good book, if you know how to read it. Just be prepared for the misogyny.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy
If you know how to read it? Well, won't be terrible, though my beliefs of women tend to be positive.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes, if you understand the esoteric significance of what he is trying to impart. A lot of ancient wisdom in that book. That being said, it has its detractors too... The actual ritual is supposed to occur over 18 months, not 6, as in some translations. Also, Abraham had an extremely misogynistic view of women. As a woman, that was really hard for me to set aside and not let it interfere with the underlying information.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy
Well I suppose whenever I purchase it, I will take time reading it. It is an old book, is it not? The view of women has gotten better, but only recently are women viewed more as equals.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: theboarman

I fixed your thread title...

books with spells in them should be burned, shredded and placed in wet cement...

as a somebody once said, burning books leads to burning people.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Gosh Darnnit...
I Once Asked For A Book With Spells ... And In Return I Was Given A G.E.D. Book!
I Was Told GED Is Pronounced As "GOD!"
Furthermore.... I Was Told That It Unlocks The Mysteries Of The Living God...

I Was Stuck On The Five Subjects aka The Pentateux. LOL!

Go Buy A Clue..........

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

Yes, if you understand the esoteric significance of what he is trying to impart. A lot of ancient wisdom in that book. That being said, it has its detractors too... The actual ritual is supposed to occur over 18 months, not 6, as in some translations. Also, Abraham had an extremely misogynistic view of women. As a woman, that was really hard for me to set aside and not let it interfere with the underlying information.

Is this the same book you speak of CIAGpsy?
The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage
Translated by S.L. MacGregor Mathers

I found it at sacred-texts. Abremalin the Mage

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

books with spells in them should be burned, shredded and placed in wet cement...

WHY? if there are spells etc then its knowledge..why destroy knowledge. we have done a good enough job of that already. It just depends on whos hands they are in. Nukes are fine, no spells though. Spells can be positive i assume, healing etc. not always dark and evil.

oh wait unless your religious then your Statement is understood

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

we without the human body are pure energy that is why learning to used that energy is very easy, because is available to us all the time.

It may be easy for you or "us" but all incarnated being don't have the same "permission" or granted access, as you could see what other couldn't you should know that there are rule over there too, guardian etc.
One can not just do it, if not for many previous life expérience or because of more profound causes.
One can't mess with energy on some level / layer if the permission hasn't been granted before hand.
Souls / Learning / or interacting as a guide with some one ... and so on.

well just to say that, what is easy and obvious to you aren't for many, ithink a good question would be :

What is the source, the cause that allow you those faculties.
knowing that will shurely unseal more of your potential.

Though your idea that time is irrelevant in a plane where there is no matter, so you'd agree that a being or construct without matter is unaffected by matter too?

Matter is the result of many plane, it's not one of it's own.
Depending of with plane you are operating on, yes construct / being / flow are unaffected by matter and time, BUT the moment they have to connect back they will.

Concider it as a tunnel, when you emmit , as you are on our physical plane you are affected by it, if you keep the flow on higher realm you then quit it.

But if you emmit energy it is more likely to have an influence on the plane where you are operating so when the flow come back it ll be once again affected by it.

Well it s kinda hard to put it in word, hope it s understandable.

So - are you people actually talking about "real things" here? As in, a book with magical spells like Harry Potter?

Or have I misread read the thread and it's an MMORPG I'm not aware of..

Do you actually believe spells...are... real?

Spell in books are empty so the book itself won't make magic or energy manipulation, but is you start making those word or shape vibrate while using them, then yes you can have some decent results.

And no it's far far ... far from harry potter XD
don't expect to fly or téléport yourself.

As i write it, i know that more advande magi won't agree so i ll add some line for them.

What is a chair ?
A chair is a place were you sit, you can easily picture it in your mind.

But what if you paint it and fix it on your wall ? will it still be a chair ?

What i mean is,

As soon as you define something, and concider it's use, shape and all you kill all other use or possibility.
Naming a being is restricting it's power ( wole point of tracking )
If you write something ( as magic circle or incantation or stuff ) you limit all other possibility. so at some point book will bind your capacity and restric you.

in mind, in energy, in consciousness.
( they are a key to trigger change but at some point you must advance on your own )

Spells can be positive i assume, healing etc. not always dark and evil.

yup
but in many plane good or bad aren't important, all are expérience, and one must not interfere with someone else plan.

Let's say you can heal people, what if the person you heal needed that illness or pain to understand some deep truth, become concious of really important stuff then by helping him in fact , you may have done really worse.
Same with the other way.

It depend of many factor, as the need to be granted permission before doing so.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lagunalionheart
I'm only going to reply to the section that has to do with me. Where you tried to answer this question that I posed: "Though your idea that time is irrelevant in a plane where there is no matter, so you'd agree that a being or construct without matter is unaffected by matter too?" If I remember correctly and I can see in the first part of the question that I should be remembering correctly, that no matter means no effect by time. And so would something, say a being that is not composed of any matter be affected by time? I understand what you were trying to say, but within the parameters set time would not affect the being of no matter. I believe in relative reality. By this I mean that only what I experience is true and what I can sense is existent and so the higher realms or planes you speak of do not mean anything to me as they are not a part of my reality.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You do operate on them though, you may not be aware of it yet.

Edit = did'nt edit fast enough, see next post.
edit on 24-2-2016 by lagunalionheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well then there comes the argument of relative reality versus "true" reality. Which is actually true. I support relative reality, because one can not know of something's absolute existence without it being in ones relative reality, right?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

We all operate on different plane at the same time, but the plane you are in is where reside most of your "active" consciousness other are likely dormant.
if you let it go ( mind ) i m shure you will grasp it.

As they are a part of you, you should have access pretty easily to them.
Requesting it ( / claim) may for most case be enough

Once you see through it, indeed reality change, that the point of the "co-creator" as you can alter your world / reality.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What you describe is not a thing I believe in truly, though my definite beliefs are yet to be defined. There is only one plane beyond the one that we live in that I know exists (having somehow kept memory of the experience). That plane is what I call the Void. That is where we resided prior to birth and will return to after death. It is nothing supernatural, but a realm of lacking.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join