It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books with spells in them

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
To my understanding timing is vital to practicing of magic and also the belief of the other person. For example if you wish to do someone harm with magic it is best they not believe in it and to do so when they are least conscious (2-3 hours before they wake), on the other hand if you wish them well it is vital they have belief in magic. This knowledge comes from the Satanic Bible so of course opinions may differ, but it does have sound logic.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

i have no end goal, i think if you use magic for a end goal instead of useing it to improve ones self it opens the user up to a world of hurt and scammers,

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That is interesting, in my case I learn from very early how to manipulate energies in the body, first without even knowing what I was doing, yes I had read many books of spells, they were interesting, but once I learned how to gather energy on my own I had not need for books.

Actually gathering and manipulating energy can be done at any time, while many books have guide lines on when and how to proceed, in my personal experiences you can pretty much do whatever you want and whenever you want anytime you wish.

I grew up in the Islands, voodoo, Santeria and spiritism is not new to me, but I learned that what the mind wants to manifest is what you get.

Is a way to get around all that and get down to the point. I have a ritual that I do every night before going to bed, I call to the energies in the universe and surround my body with them, for healing. protection and to be easily available for other purposes.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman
Hurt and scammers? How so? I do understand the need to be careful what book one reads for such purposes, but if you mean something else then I am unaware and open to explanation. What would you improve about yourself?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, while books do provide guidelines I think they merely point to the most opportune of times. What I will now say may seem off topic (it relates to beliefs which were horrible earlier on in the thread), but it focuses on magic which this thread is about. Magic has no place in my beliefs as magic dwells in a realm that I do not inhabit, do not recognize and likely never will. This however does not mean that I have no interest. Quite the contrary spirits and rituals are of the greatest interest (despite not being able to devote time to research) and as such this discussion is of interest. It is curious just what you believe as clearly you have your own values.

Of what matter are these spirits? Of the same matter that make up our thoughts? What are their origins, if any?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well i trully regret not seeing this tread sooner, it was .... instructive :p
I won't come back on what was said >_< .

Of what matter are these spirits? Of the same matter that make up our thoughts? What are their origins, if any?

Sooner many, and yourself if i don't mistake ( sorry i may get confuse after so much reading) said energy was in part or mostly due to emotion ( or at last emotion can be a trigger to manipulate flow... well 2 side 1 coin ..)

Same with the mental , as it must be a tool to shape the energetic interface so you can access (see) and quantify the data you're dealing with ( simply put it a filter) not the one to disturb (monkey mind) or give direction to your practice (ego).

from that point one can say that energy matter (spirit and all) may be constitued not of physical whith is our realm but of non physical state

emotion / intent / expérience / will / conciousness / tought ...

We get them as a concept but the mental grid is quite easy to understant as it shape and define thing on other plane.
So what is a concept to us may really be physical to them ?

I personnaly don't think there is a correct answer ... as for giving a proper answer to such question one would need to conceptualise thing that he / she can't even grasp.

The very concept of consciousness change from a layer to another same for the mind and emotions ... they may define a phisycal structure in one plane but not in another..... and at some point they can freely change between their realm (point of summoning for exemple)

I certainly did'nt give you an answer but i do hope it will be "food for though"

Ho i forgot the origin... in my view you are a spirit or a "beeing" as you can perform on other realm too ... origins sugest time but time is the result of energy passing through matter, so in a plane were no physical matter exist, time doesn't apply, as for the concept of origin.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I have always been connected to something that most human beings knows about it but the primitive human mind can not comprehend.

When I was a child I was able to see people that others could not, I had also many out of body experiences, the ability to see went away when I was introduced to religious teaching by my parents and the church increasing fear mongering of haven and hell.

But I always knew that is more around us that we think.

Because my mother knew that I was different she introduced me to spiritism and Santeria in my teens, while I never experience any spirits taking over my body I was able to tell people things that nobody knew, these things just will pop on my mind without me realizing that I just spoke.

I don't believe in organized religion because to me it has nothing to teach me and I find it very archaic and out of date, beside that it hinders and robs humanity of its potential.

My out of body experiences has taken me to see things that are beyond comprehension, then on top of that I had a near death experience during surgery that took away all my doubts of life after death.

I live life happier and no longer feel that death is something to be afraid off.

I also lost all fear of religious man made believes of supernatural beings, because I know now that we are all supernatural beings and the most important thing of all, we without the human body are pure energy that is why learning to used that energy is very easy, because is available to us all the time.

Life is nothing but a stepping stone in our road to spiritual development. now I understand what is the purpose of human life and I have learn to embrace it without questions.

edit on 23-2-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lagunalionheart
It must be admitted that while the whole of the thread is of poor quality, there are pieces within to find that are pleasant or on topic.

It will certainly be food for thought, but it is a reply that can not simply be read and is digested, but that must be read multiple times and digested part by part rather than simply taking a large gulp of the whole. So my response will not be the greatest, as I truly need to consider what you have said, but agree that there could be multiple planes though these planes, to my current philosophy and personal beliefs (which are only thought out at the most basic of levels and no planning for details or anything of that sort) however they do not exist simply because they have no importance. Relative reality is king I suppose in philosophy to me. Might be poor wording so excuse me.

I have a possibly curious question about time, but will post it as a thread today or tomorrow (it is 7 PM where I am and I have work to do!). Though your idea that time is irrelevant in a plane where there is no matter, so you'd agree that a being or construct without matter is unaffected by matter too?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ah, a person who agrees with me that organized religion does not promote the grandeur that mankind could be. It is my opinion that every person should have their own belief and their own philosophy. Of course many of these would be very similar, but this would allow for the person to achieve their sense of morals alone and without guidance.

However we disagree about death. To me, it is a thing I fear and do not fear. It is all relative. If I lie down in bed and begin to contemplate death while trying to fall into a deep slumber I will fear it. To me a life being despised by all is superior to that plunge into the Void where there is neither light nor darkness, where there exists not time nor space and even that which transcends those can not be. But if I do not consider it in all its details then it is nothing. But ultimately it is the thing I fear the most. Not being able to love...that is a horrid thing to be.

Then we once agree on the lack of fear to some grand being, a god they call it.

I'm uncertain if I am remembering incorrectly, but I believe the novel by Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die, contains mention of out of body experiences. Of course it is a story, but could be of interest if I am correct.

I have yet to truly consider the planes of magic and ritual and in fact any plane beyond the one in which we exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: theboarman
There is the Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor Lavey which provides information of rituals. It's a decent philosophy for anyone open minded and does not entail the worship of Satan, but of yourself. It doesn't have too much though on the topic of ritual, but could be of interest.

No you're Creator of the World

I mean you're NOT!! Not the Creator of the World!!

It may not be specifically about Satan Worship, but Anton Lavey was one of the two top Satanists known to man. The other was Alister Crowley of course. He made it quite clear that this "Bible" was in the servitude of Satan.

“Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!”
― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Source
edit on 23-2-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician
Anton Szandor Lavey was a Satanist, but not a worshiper of Satan. There is a great difference.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Anton Szandor Lavey was a Satanist, but not a worshiper of Satan. There is a great difference.

Satanists?... Satan?? Sounds like religious followers to me. Satan is by all religious purposes...a god. Satan notoriously "demands" worship. The word "Satanists". has his own name in it. I think you're just trying to word play with me here.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Nope. Read the Satanic Bible. Not worshiper of Satan...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Nope. Read the Satanic Bible. Not worshiper of Satan...

He advocates "self indulgence". The Devil is known for being very selfish as well. Remember "Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law"..Decadence.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Its also not selfishness. Move here for proper discussion:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Its also not selfishness. Move here for proper discussion:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whatever. Those are HIS very words...from the Satanic Bible. He has many other resources too that outright admits his intentions for his followers. It's all over the web.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Whatever. The word of an ignorant. The kink is to a thread on this topic. Good bye. My phone is being crazy so excuse the reply.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Whatever. The word of an ignorant. The kink is to a thread on this topic. Good bye. My phone is being crazy so excuse the reply.

Sure bye. BTW, it's people who call others names, that I heard were the ignorant ones.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So I can have no opinion on a word? Hmm, didn't call you anything. Rather I called the word to have a meaning.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So I can have no opinion on a word? Hmm, didn't call you anything. Rather I called the word to have a meaning.

Yep! More word games.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join