It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books with spells in them

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
The one I have discusses the multiple gods and rituals. It was very intriguing. I should read it honestly. I'm no practitioner, but I see no harm.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Pick up a copy of "The Secret Lore of Magic".
Its a compilation of Grimoires so it will save you the time hunting them down individually.

Wiki Link

link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Found it. Voodoo Rituals by Heike Owusu

books.google.com...

edit on 23-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah, this was a 'How To' book which was comically ineffective. I remember one on giving someone bad mojo by writing their name on a special piece of paper, placing it in a coconut and heaving that into a river.

Nothing happened to our 5th grade teacher.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I posted above the one I have. Hah! I wonder what that teacher did to deserve it anyways.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Hah! I wonder what that teacher did to deserve it anyways.

Probably just acting like a teacher.

I wish I could find it, the book was hysterical.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality
I wonder if the book "Book of Abramelin" is any good.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well, maybe through google if they still have it on sale anywhere. Probably, darn teachers!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
if this isnt in the right place please move.

i recently reread the essential golden dawn an introduction to high magic by chic cicero and sandra tabatha cicero, while a good book it only gives you acouple basic spells and prayers.

can anyone recommend me good books with this kind of stuff in them/

Also, pick up The Golden Dawn tapes/CD's. Actually hearing the rituals and spells can be helpful.
Amazon Link

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
thanks for the book ideas Tiamat384 and Digital_Reality , i got them bookmarked for when i am ready to buy / read them.

this thread sure got on topic after the supermod said posting bans were coming

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I wonder if the book "Book of Abramelin" is any good.

I liked it!
Its just an instructional book with the father telling his son how to live life and work spells.

If you grab a copy, get the new updated version by Georg Dehn & Steven Guth.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I certainly will. If it is the father telling his son how to live life could it be called a philosophical work? If so, by the sounds of it, it sounds much like the Satanic Bible, though specifics I'm sure differ, the combination of approach to life and later teaching of rituals/spells are similar.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman
Good thing I alerted this thread then :3 No problem, hope you have a good read and I certainly found interesting material from the first posters and now.
Are you interested in voodoo or is that outside your realm of interest? Just question of curiosity.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Not sure if mentioned, and I haven't read it personally, but the Grimorium Verum could be of interest.
Wiki Link:en.wikipedia.org...
Amazon Link:www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_14_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Nffwwe9bL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR103%2 C160_&refRID=0FQJ2X5W479PFYY892RE

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well, maybe through google if they still have it on sale anywhere. Probably, darn teachers!

I just checked Google and Bing. Nada.

I will keep looking, it would be a solid contribution to the Original Post as an example of what not to bother with.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You bet man!

Just remember. There is only doing it, or not doing it. Don't fool yourself. You have to be crystal clear of your intentions and limitations.

Good luck on your path..

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I tried google myself and failed to find any book besides some novels for, I'm assuming teens? It certainly would be a solid contribution. We're already on our way though

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

no voodoo is not outside my interest, ill try anything once, to a point of course.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I will say that spell books and prayer books to influence yourself and others around us, are indeed helpful if the goal is to improve life and wellbeing.

I learned a long time ago, that while spell books are good for guidance, is other ways that works just as well when it comes to manipulating our surroundings, is call channeling, we, while humans, we are beings of light made of energies, is energies and light all around us, is what we can see and what we can not, it doesn't take much to learn to gather that energies around us and channel them toward the things we want or want to change including influencing others.

It takes a bit of practice but anybody can learn to do mental imaging in order to use energies for a desirable out come.

Like everything only we can change and manipulate what means to be manipulated and wants to be manipulated, that is why many spells and mental energy channeling no always work, specially if what the person desires is something that can have negative influences to all those involved.

But if the means are good it will work.

But as with everything the mind is a powerful thing, it can be use for good and it can cause a lot of grief, what goes around comes around ten times worst.

You can find many books on how to learn to harvest the energies that are all around us for any purpose.

I had done this for years, sometimes for healing and even did it for personal satisfaction, I may say that the results were more than what I expected.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, I left a link above to a book that could be of interest then. What is your end goal with the art of magic, ritual or spellcraft if you don't mind my asking?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join