It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is removing over 9000 people from their homes to hunt for aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Excellent post there.

Can you imagine what it would be like if, for example, the telescope actually did encounter a signal from an alien civilization? Think about it for a moment, after we discovered radio waves and started using them, we were actually mostly emitting waves for entertainment.

We might be lucky enough to find radio signals from a planet that had just started using them, as we did, for the novelty of entertainment.

Would you buy THAT show from Netflix?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Wow if we could stream alien television! I wonder if we will be actually able to do that one day...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Jonjonj

Wow if we could stream alien television! I wonder if we will be actually able to do that one day...

I know right? Let's be honest, our media is basically filled with killing so I wonder what their stuff would be like. Could it be that the aliens are entertained by killing too? Maybe they are all on a quest to find the meaning of life and all their entertainment is based on that. Who knows, but it sure would be fun to find out, might even change us as a species!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

How many nations have radio telescopes to search for aliens?

None , they have radio telescopes to do radio astronomy which could also detect Alien messages , China has built a very large one but it won't be used to just hunt for ET.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I legitimately came here thinking there was a 9000+ group of people out looking for aliens. This, however, seems a little more practical.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Ws reading about this other day, what an amazing creation this will be.

My question is however, why the sudden need to build such a large consruction. Also spending alot of money, normally things like this only go ahead when the idea of profit or success is high. Why would china need to build this should be the question, is their a race to contact? or be contacted. Is something known already?

Seems odd to just put this into conscruction.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Why would china need to build this should be the question, is their a race to contact? or be contacted. Is something known already?

It's a radio telescope , much science can be done with this instrument plus they can listen out for others in the Cosmos , it isn't just for looking for ET,
China is an emerging nation with a space program and a long history of scientific achievement , I think this is just a reflection of that.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
9000....yup.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i do not know if it as been said but looking at the images of the area and how remote it is... how are we to know if those displaced are not te very workers employed and housed to build it? sounds like anti China propaganda without knowing such... if the Chinese did not like their government wouldnt they be in civil unrest? if not in day to day civil unrest one would assume theres tolerance... but wait how much tolerance does the US have when playing lets repeat the 1960s because it never actually revolved anything under the Macarthynism it is still wrestling wit being a melting pot of culture and diiverity instead of celebrating it as one family of humanity due to refusal to extend a hand and get to know someone sharing the same struggles despite minor differences.

what would be the next division? hair color? weight? oh wait... those superficialities and more are already prominate in the sytem due to capitalist advertizing of an ideal form instead the normalcy that actually reflects reality making everyone ave an inferiority complex that creates narcists and sociopaths over materalism and deification of those with material status.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

How many nations have radio telescopes to search for aliens?

None , they have radio telescopes to do radio astronomy which could also detect Alien messages , China has built a very large one but it won't be used to just hunt for ET.

So the radio telescopes don't hunt for exoplanets which we would later search to see if life is there? Or radio transmissions from aliens? Radio telescopes have zero to do with searching for aliens? Or they do, your post kinda says two things, not sure why you are arguing.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I visited Aricibo back when SETI was operating from it.
This sure looks bigger, but I remember how huge Aricibo was looking down over the edge, and the boom hanging over it (receiver) looked like a giant transformer creature.
edit on 22-2-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

So the radio telescopes don't hunt for exoplanets which we would later search to see if life is there? Or radio transmissions from aliens? Radio telescopes have zero to do with searching for aliens? Or they do, your post kinda says two things, not sure why you are arguing.

Radio telescopes pick up radio-frequency radiation from extraterrestrial sources in space , stars , dust clouds and anything else that produces it , they don't need to hunt for planets as if an anomalous signal were to be found within the information received by the collector they could isolate that and trace it back to it's area of origin.

What I'm saying is that like many things radio telescopes have various uses so along with regular radio astronomy they can also look for intelligently produced radio waves , given the size of the collector I think if they're out there the Chinese stand a fair chance of detecting them , although it is still like searching for a needle in a haystack.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
i do not know if it as been said but looking at the images of the area and how remote it is... how are we to know if those displaced are not te very workers employed and housed to build it? sounds like anti China propaganda without knowing such...

It's not unprecedented. In fact, the lake created behind the Three Gorges Damn in China, plus other changes to the land due to the damn forced more than 750,000 people to permanently move away from their homes near the location of the damn. That's the official number as stated by the Chinese government, not anti-Chinese propaganda. It should be noted that others estimate the number was actually more than 1 million citizens.

edit on 2/23/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Forcing people to move is nothing special to China. Look up the California highway project... it literally happens all over the USA as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

indeed that is displacment... but this is a difernt situation. science when applied to investigation also requires that simple correlation does not lead to cause nor direct effect... although many paid for studies and bogus labs produce such all the time. just today i went to look at delegate counts and read te story was sponsored or paid for by the republican party... so is it safe to assume those numbers given were correct? should I even mention the subway sandwich connection with their saying its healthy and fresh by the whatever doctors association tey also owned at the time or still do?

this isnt really a rebuke just keeping with ATSs ethos of deny ignorance

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
insert dragon ball z Vegeta quote here

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join