It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Good for you... it will actually help Scotland if there is an out vote, because it will force another Scottish independence vote.

I should rephrase what I posted. I havn't changed my mind but I have changed my vote.

To explain, last night I heard Alec Salmond among others state that Scotland would be voting two thirds IN. So I'm thinking that's too many. All we need to make our point is a majority in Scotland for IN not two thirds, so it makes sense to switch some of the IN's to OUT's to help make sure UK as whole comes out.

Thats my thinking anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Whatever your reasoning I know you've voted the way you think is right for you and for Scotland....and that's as it should be.

We may differ on things relating to independence and the Union etc but I know we share a common belief in social justice.

Whatever the outcome I'll raise a glass to you tonight.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
After a few weeks of going from Brexit to sitting on the fence I voted OUT this afternoon.

It was the democratic argument that swung it and a few words from Tony Benn. He previously said that a bad parliament is always better than a good king.

Well done. Respect

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
According to Farage Remain are going to edge it.

www.msn.com...

Shame if so!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

According to Farage Remain are going to edge it.

www.msn.com...

Shame if so!

More than likely. Not looking good according to oddchecker...
Remain: 1/12
Leave: 13/2

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Looks like a win by a wide margin for remain. Not a surprise really, but a shame for the country to end at the hands of it's own voters after surviving two world wars in the last 100 years.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
'Vote remain and we'll forgive you for 1966!' - German newspaper wade into Brexit debate

www.msn.com...

Germany will be happy!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
A bit behind on the current news due to time difference but why the hell are there no exit polls?. I understand that this is not a general election but is it not a valid way of avoiding fraud as if the exit poll suggests a large majority to one side and the vote goes the other way would it not be questionable.

If the current outlook that is being painted stands that it for me I am staying in Asia with my family, which on the whole may not be such a bad thing..

RA

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If so the Queen should abdicate and appoint the Mayor of London Grand Mufti

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I've been following BBC. If I understand things correctly, there isn't going to be any measurable information given until after 22:00 BMT. I assume that's an attempt to not prejudice votes or cause no-shows that would otherwise vote.
edit on 23/6/16 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: slider1982

I've been following BBC. If I understand things correctly, there isn't going to be any measurable information given until after 22:00 BMT. I assume that's an attempt to not prejudice votes or cause no-shows that would otherwise vote.

WOW really?..

I cannot think of any vote where they where not hammering the exit polls, yet with the EU vote it is now something they wish to not prejudice.. You could not make this stuff up.

The only way I ever thought we would get a chance to leave the EU was with a large margin that was unquestionable, shame we do not have this "key" bit of data to go on.

RA

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I really dont understand how Remain can possibly know they have it in the bag when no results have come through. How the hell can small sample polls in any way reflect intentions of 48 million voters. I'm gutted.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I really dont understand how Remain can possibly know they have it in the bag when no results have come through. How the hell can small sample polls in any way reflect intentions of 48 million voters. I'm gutted.

I have two theory's...

Certain people have known all along what the outcome would be..

The second is that some people will stand to make a fortune either on the markets or betting, and I would say it will be the markets.

It is one of the major concerns I have regarding no exit polls.

RA

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I may have spoken too soon...

Now I get the feeling it's going to be extremely close! Maybe a sneaky Leave win.

Odds dramatically changed again...

Remain: From 1/12 to 1/5
Leave: 13/2 to 7/2

...in just an hour from my last post.
edit on 83155bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Jun 2016 17:55:43 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
UKIP saying they have done their own private poll and it shows 52% Leave and 48% Remain! Nigel Farage seems to have unconceeded also. Apparently Sunderland will give a good indicator. Newcastle just come in and Remain win by 1,800 which was what was expected.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Apparently Remain campaign have had wind took out of their sails following Newcastle and Ashdown saying postal votes could tip it for Leave!a reply to: anxiouswens

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is so exciting!!!

The odds have been slashed yet AGAIN!

Remain: From 1/12 to 1/5 to 4/11
Leave: 13/2 to 7/2 to 9/4

Is everyone staying up until the result?
I've got tomorrow of work so going to be a long night for me.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

originally posted by: UKTruth

Good for you... it will actually help Scotland if there is an out vote, because it will force another Scottish independence vote.

I should rephrase what I posted. I havn't changed my mind but I have changed my vote.

To explain, last night I heard Alec Salmond among others state that Scotland would be voting two thirds IN. So I'm thinking that's too many. All we need to make our point is a majority in Scotland for IN not two thirds, so it makes sense to switch some of the IN's to OUT's to help make sure UK as whole comes out.

Thats my thinking anyway.

Strange logic that I have no respect for. Do you know anything about the Lisbon Treaty? That alone should have made up your mind. Go and look on Youtube at the distress in the EU Parliament from many countries when the EU refused the Irish referendum against the EU and forced them to vote again. This is blatantly a dictatorship we are voting against.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: UKTruth

If so the Queen should abdicate and appoint the Mayor of London Grand Mufti

Since Gordon Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty in 2010 without giving us a referendum, the Queen is nothing more than a European citizen. The Labour Party discussed the Queen giving a speech about this at the time and then decided against it. Notice how the media kept quiet about the Lisbon Treaty at that time and during this referendum. No surprise since they knew damn well the Brits would vote against it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Go Sunderland!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join