It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
We'll see on Thursday, but I firmly believe the idea of Brexit is dead.

I immediately thought that after the tragic news of Jo Cox. Especially considering how some politicians, media and people on here are trying to associate the murder with hate speech from the Leave side (which I completely disagree with!), but I also looked at the odds on oddschecker and they drifted towards Remain.

However, looking at the odds again they seem to be drifting back to Leave.
So maybe people are beginning to wise up and have their own rational thoughts rather than being led by the media.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Politicians in Switzerland have voted to withdraw its longstanding EU application

a week before Britain decides on its own membership.

Thomas Minder councilor for Schaffhausen state, and an active promoter of the

concept of **Swissness** says he is eager to close the topic fast, as only

*A few lunatics may want to join the EU now!!*

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There's a country that's taking control of its own destination and knows what its

doing

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
SHAME
Is this the *political elite* we aspire to joining

Labour MP Neil Coyle has said *Look at what they (the Leave campaign)

are putting out. They are very dangerous, and they risk inspiring

extremist elements on the hard right of this country*

Commissioner Dimiris Avramopoulos said *Jo Cox was murdered for her

dedication to European democracy and humanity. Extremism divides and

nourishes hatred.*

German chancellor Angela Merkel blamed the referendum debate for

Mrs Cox's death she shamelessly said in a tweet *The exaggerations and

radicilsation of the language do not help to foster an atmosphere of

respect*

Condemnation of the politicalisation of Mrs Cox's death was led by

former Tory MP Louise Mensch who said as an MP she and her children

regularly got death and rape threats.

It beggars belief the lengths that Cameron, Osborne, and the heads

of states of other countries are going to, to keep the UK in the EU

Makes you wonder whats in it for them

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

If that happened, I would be glad to see the back of the Scots.

There in a nutshell is Scotland's problem. England are happy to talk about democracy and equal union so long as they are getting what they want. As soon as any sign of Scotland holding sway then it's 'we don't want it' and 'get rid of them'

An extremely selfish and threatening manner which we have had to put up with for a very long time.

Last time it happened was last general election when it looked as though Milliband might get more seats than tory, but the prospect of him teaming up with SNP to gain a majoity was too much for the little englanders who gave their vote to Tory to stop it happening. Hence you now have what you voted for a Tory government

edit on b51916516 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

You cowards had your chance for independence.

English people were fine letting you piss off.

But you were to whimpy to take it.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Pollstation still showing Vote Leave at 81% after over 135,712 votes.

www.pollstation.uk...

I have for a while now thought that this poll will turn out to be an indicator of the likely result although it may have a margin of error of around 30%.

We will see on Thursday.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

There in a nutshell is Scotland's problem. England are happy to talk about democracy and equal union so long as they are getting what they want. As soon as any sign of Scotland holding sway then it's 'we don't want it' and 'get rid of them'

An extremely selfish and threatening manner which we have had to put up with for a very long time.

Last time it happened was last general election when it looked as though Milliband might get more seats than tory, but the prospect of him teaming up with SNP to gain a majoity was too much for the little englanders who gave their vote to Tory to stop it happening. Hence you now have what you voted for a Tory government

I have never or never will vote Tory.

I can see why the Scots want their independence from the U.K, but I can't for the life of me see why they want to remain in the E.U, as they would not be independent.

If this was a vote to join the E.U, seeing the financial mess it is in due to their single currency experiment, you would have to be mentally retarded to want to join.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I have never or never will vote Tory.

I can see why the Scots want their independence from the U.K, but I can't for the life of me see why they want to remain in the E.U, as they would not be independent.

If this was a vote to join the E.U, seeing the financial mess it is in due to their single currency experiment, you would have to be mentally retarded to want to join.
And incapable of realising when you are being conned. And why would one want to remain in an EU that is run by 28 commissioners which are non elected yet define laws that effect over 500m people. The setups a joke, the rules are not fair and the members are all so different in so many ways! Disaster in waiting!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Brexit Campaign 'Had Momentum Until Jo Cox's Murder,' Nigel Farage Says

www.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't think her death should be politicised, but a few will not let such an opportunity go to waste.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The 28 countries in EU presently are all independent countries.

Except UK which isn't a country but a union of 4 countries, with England at the helm
edit on b33316336 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The commissioners don't make laws. They form ideas about potential laws which are then put to elected MEP's to discuss and decide on

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Internationally the UK is still one state...unlucky fella.
) ...still love you though lol

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Internationally the UK is still one state...unlucky fella.
) ...still love you though lol

It is a sovereign state but not a country, Try again.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The commissioners don't make laws. They form ideas about potential laws which are then put to elected MEP's to discuss and decide on
They define the laws which are agreed in Brussels and rarely is a law not accepted!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
More from Vote Leave:

This morning the leader of the Labour Party admitted www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... m_medium=email&utm_source=voteleave that there is no limit to immigration as long as we are a member of the European Union.

This evening David Cameron repeatedly refused to say he would veto Turkey’s membership of the EU. Watch here:

www.youtube.com...

With just four days to go, it’s clearer now more than ever that the only way to take back control of our laws, our money and our borders is to Vote Leave.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Latest from Vote Remain Dodgy Dave's Dad's Army

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.thehindu.com... Syndication

Out of the wood work they come. I do not trust these official Polls, they are all over the place.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Another one who lacks integrity. Timing is perfect!

Former minister abandons Brexit and joins Remain in protest at Out campaign's 'hate and xenophobia'

www.msn.com... oPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Another one who lacks integrity. Timing is perfect!

Former minister abandons Brexit and joins Remain in protest at Out campaign's 'hate and xenophobia'

www.msn.com... oPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

She wasn't even campaigning to Leave the EU.
Just more lies and spin from the Remain campaign and media.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Plus think of it the other way round.

The EU is better with us gone.

We are reluctant partners.

And culture and politically we are diffrent.

I loath to admit it but we are basically like the Americans except we have a culture, have less guns and have better accents.

We would be better suited as the 51st state (not that i want that either) than a EU member.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join