It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

That competition is an excellent positive idea!
I hope it gets advertised enough because it has the potential to make a great impact among football fans, especially if Sol Campbell and other Brexit footballers promote it too.

I for sure will be entering the competition and telling my mates and work colleagues too.

50million.uk...

edit on 83114bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 27 May 2016 12:14:10 -05003116 by 83Liberty because: added link to comp

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it dodgy that the same person has managed to get into the audience for a political show debate within weeks of each other? She just so happens to be a Remainer...

10 seconds in...

4.30 minutes in...

Edit: She has apparently also appeared on an ITV show recently, but I haven't found it yet. Will keep searching.
edit on 83122bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 27 May 2016 12:22:44 -05003116 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh I've also just found out Nicola Sturgeon was also selected to be in audiences and selected to speak when she was younger. Here is one example...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Follow the money. The Poll of polls shows 48-41 against, despite Brexit fans spending twice as much.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Does anyone else find it dodgy that the same person has managed to get into the audience for a political show debate within weeks of each other? She just so happens to be a Remainer...

LOL!! - Well spotted, camp followers? or extra's?

And the subject of travel has been brought up quite a lot lately. Was my

family and I the only ones who travelled abroad in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's

I remember the *yearly passports* loved getting them *foreign stamped*

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Follow the money. The Poll of polls shows 48-41 against, despite Brexit fans spending twice as much.

No it shows 46% v 41%.
The article states Brexit has RAISED twice as much money IN RECENT WEEKS.

Nice spin.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There has been a lot of emphasis on the dire consequences of the

UK leaving the EU. Shouldn't we the Brexiters be drawing attention to the

really dire consequences of just what staying in means to the UK

1) The UK will be psychologically castrated

2) They will have even less say IF that was possible

3) There will be even more intergration into the EU politically

4) The membership fees will increase and require topping up as

they did 2 yrs? ago which were paid despite Cameron saying we wouldn't pay!!

5) The UK will be forced (because we have lost ALL power) to take the

euro inline with the other countries.

6) There is talk now, but will become FACT in the event we remain that

we will no longer have a British Army but a EU army funded by the UK no doubt.

7) The EU has in hand a whole raft of things they wish to implement on us,

after the referendum.

8) Our borders will be forced open to take in immigrants allocated to us by

Frau Merkel who has invited the world and his wife into Europe.

9) Our schools and Hospitals and Housing will collapse under the strain of

our now overcrowded island.

10) We will be unable to deport criminals due to the *human rights* bill and

their human rights .... disregarding the rights of the victims.

11) Our justice system will be over ruled by the EU courts.Maybe it is the

intention of the EU to have only one Law? .... theirs!

12) Our long history will be dissolved as the EU interferes with and dictates

our education system.

13) Small business's will be squeezed with red tape out of business, while

the BIG corporations get richer and richer... backhanders???

14) By the time the EU has finished instead of being the 2nd largest

contributer we will be as the other 20 smaller, poorer, members, beaten

and cowed and mindless and totally dependent on our masters...Germany.

Germany is not a member, but the mastermind.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That competition is an excellent positive idea!
I hope it gets advertised enough because it has the potential to make a great impact among football fans, especially if Sol Campbell and other Brexit footballers promote it too.

I for sure will be entering the competition and telling my mates and work colleagues too.

50million.uk...
Everyone needs to spread the word and link via all social media channels

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The consequences of staying in the EU are beyond sheep imagination. Like I have said earlier, don't be surprised if sometime down the line that the EU has to go to China or the US for a bailout and all that will entail.

The British people and their taxes are being mugged!!

And the benefactors of Remain are those that already have and if or when the EU go tits up, it won't matter to them because they have safe havens!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I believe that the media has twisted this into an "in" or "out" campaign when actually this referendum comes from those who have been fighting for a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty ever since Gordon Brown signed it in 2010. The truth is that we want to vote about the conditions by which we are in Europe.

Back in 2010, I was working in Lisbon when the Lisbon Treaty was ratified. The Lisbon Treaty is a reform treaty that changes the EU Constitution. It was big news there as their Prime Minister, Durao Barroso, actually gave up his position to work in the EU Commission. I was teaching English to the lawyers who were trying to understand the new laws. They were mystified by how pedantic the new laws were, such as, how many windows and chairs certain buildings must have. There was also talk about how the treaty enforces a new EU army and EU anthem (Ode to Joy) and how countries "must" fly the EU flag.

I was intrigued and looked forward to an explanation and debates on the treaty coming up in British media so I could understand it better - but to my surprise, there was nothing. The British tv and newspapers gave it very little attention. In Europe there were countries, such as the Czech Republic, which were up in arms about how much sovereignty they would be giving up, yet over here in the UK, Gordon Brown signed it without giving the British a referendum on it. As I remember, this was about the time that Gordon Brown sold a huge amount of the British gold reserves.

Some countries, such as Ireland, put it to a referendum and their people said no. So these countries were given "breathing time" of a year or two and forced to put it to a referendum again! During this time, the EU researched the certain sectors of the population who had voted no and spent millions on propaganda directed at these sectors. The EU would not allow a no vote and persisted until these countries finally agreed. There was much intimidation at this time, countries were being told to fly the EU flag. I remember the Czech President complaining that EU officials had literally thrown the flag on his desk and told him to fly it.

All this frightened me and I rode to England on my motorbike to raise awareness of the Lisbon Treaty. I remember speaking to a traffic officer and he saw the stickers on my bike and jacket and he asked, "What is the Lisbon Treaty? Is it a Portuguese biker gang?". Nobody in England seemed to know anything about it at all!

That the EU has tried to cover up information about the Lisbon Treaty and even forced its ratification upon countries, has left no doubt in my mind that it is not only undemocratic and leaves populations with no choice at all but is also an insidious organisation and I will be voting against it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rottensociety

I believe that the media has twisted this into an "in" or "out" campaign when actually this referendum comes from those who have been fighting for a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty ever since Gordon Brown signed it in 2010. The truth is that we want to vote about the conditions by which we are in Europe.

Back in 2010, I was working in Lisbon when the Lisbon Treaty was ratified. The Lisbon Treaty is a reform treaty that changes the EU Constitution. It was big news there as their Prime Minister, Durao Barroso, actually gave up his position to work in the EU Commission. I was teaching English to the lawyers who were trying to understand the new laws. They were mystified by how pedantic the new laws were, such as, how many windows and chairs certain buildings must have. There was also talk about how the treaty enforces a new EU army and EU anthem (Ode to Joy) and how countries "must" fly the EU flag.

I was intrigued and looked forward to an explanation and debates on the treaty coming up in British media so I could understand it better - but to my surprise, there was nothing. The British tv and newspapers gave it very little attention. In Europe there were countries, such as the Czech Republic, which were up in arms about how much sovereignty they would be giving up, yet over here in the UK, Gordon Brown signed it without giving the British a referendum on it. As I remember, this was about the time that Gordon Brown sold a huge amount of the British gold reserves.

Some countries, such as Ireland, put it to a referendum and their people said no. So these countries were given "breathing time" of a year or two and forced to put it to a referendum again! During this time, the EU researched the certain sectors of the population who had voted no and spent millions on propaganda directed at these sectors. The EU would not allow a no vote and persisted until these countries finally agreed. There was much intimidation at this time, countries were being told to fly the EU flag. I remember the Czech President complaining that EU officials had literally thrown the flag on his desk and told him to fly it.

All this frightened me and I rode to England on my motorbike to raise awareness of the Lisbon Treaty. I remember speaking to a traffic officer and he saw the stickers on my bike and jacket and he asked, "What is the Lisbon Treaty? Is it a Portuguese biker gang?". Nobody in England seemed to know anything about it at all!

That the EU has tried to cover up information about the Lisbon Treaty and even forced its ratification upon countries, has left no doubt in my mind that it is not only undemocratic and leaves populations with no choice at all but is also an insidious organisation and I will be voting against it.
Another very good reason to vote OUT and stop this whole undemocratic federal expensive charade!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

No it shows 46% v 41%.

Nice spin.

You didn't answer the question. Follow the money.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No it shows 46% v 41%.

Nice spin.

You didn't answer the question. Follow the money.

I corrected two out of three statements you made in your original post.
The third statement 'follow the money' is not a question.

If I were to follow the money I would see the Remain camp is funded by big banks including Morgan Stanly and are immorally using millions of public money to send out propaganda booklets with no consent.

All of the Leave campaigns money is from donations from the public.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rottensociety
Nobody in England seemed to know anything about it at all!

We were all patronisingly informed that it was just a formality and nothing to worry

ourselves about!!

Your so right I've been reading up about the *Lisbon treaty* for another

thread I am on. Where all the posters seem to think we have a veto Lol!!

in the Lisbon treaty there are 40 designated areas where we don't have a

veto
among many other things that have been kept quiet about.

OUT ... OUT ... OUT...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
In approximately 4 months UK voters will go to the polls to decide on a BREXIT or Not.

A deal has been done with the EU but does it in anyway address or impact the issues and concerns of the British people. Or is the deal mostly irrelevant to the main issues that British folk have with EU membership?

Why should or should we not BREXIT?

What are the benefits either way?

How will you vote? IN, OUT or Undecided?

If you post to this thread then please indicate how you will vote if you are eligible. If not eligible then vote anyway but indicate that you are not eligible.

I will tally the votes in June before the Referendum and confirm the outcome.

Thanks to all contributors who or wherever you are.

FYI - I'm for OUT!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Latest from Pollstation:

After over 68700 votes its now 83% Leave

www.pollstation.uk...

For this to be so far out from reality and what the actual vote will be on 23 June is interesting to say the least. If there is a vote to Remain then this poll which is UK wide will be over 40% out of kilter with reality. I do find that hard to believe.

The so called (fiddled,tweaked or fudged) official polls have Remain at approx. 46%. Something just don't add up. Unless the official polls are a fraud!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Apparently over 600 economist have put there support behind Remain claiming that it will be an economic disaster for the next 10-20 years if we Leave the UK.

More establishment click in play here.

The British people (80%) are being well and truly conned into remaining in the UK and if they fall for it then all I can say is that those who vote to Remain get what they deserve! I feel sorry for those who vote Leave because they are the ones that will be hit the hardest when the EU club introduces more non sovereign laws and rules or goes completely tits up and has to go running to China or the US for help. Then we will be well and truly f.cked!

I am lucky that I can choose to Leave the UK if its a Remain vote but the vast majority cant just do that. Every single OUT voter in the British Isles needs to turned out on the 23 June to save this country's bacon and its people.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Apparently over 600 economist have put there support behind Remain claiming that it will be an economic disaster for the next 10-20 years if we Leave the UK.

The British people (80%) are being well and truly conned into remaining in the UK and if they fall for it then all I can say is that those who vote to Remain get what they deserve! I feel sorry for those who vote Leave because they are the ones that will be hit the hardest when the EU club introduces more non sovereign laws and rules or goes completely tits up and has to go running to China or the US for help. Then we will be well and truly f.cked!

I am lucky that I can choose to Leave the UK if its a Remain vote but the vast majority cant just do that. Every single OUT voter in the British Isles needs to turned out on the 23 June to save this country's bacon and its people.

I take it you are referring to the Guardian's piece here:
www.theguardian.com...

Well let's look at who these "country’s top economists" are. This is the snippet from then end of the article...

In total, 639 respondents completed an online survey, sent to non-student members of the Royal Economic Society and the Society of Business Economists, between 19 and 27 May 2016: a response rate of 17%. Data is unweighted and reported figures should only be taken as representative of the views of those who responded

I had a look at the Royal Economic Society website and anyone can become a member if you pay the membership fee, you don't need to be an economist and you certainly don't have to be living in the UK or be British.... Their website even states...

The Royal Economic Society has approximately 3,000 individual members, of whom 60 per cent live outside the United Kingdom.

To join the Society of Business Economists you just need a degree and be able to afford the membership fee.

So The Guardian, how can you honestly report that these are our "country’s top economists"???

Yet more spin and lies by the Guardian and all the others that are reporting this 'story'.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Yea!! They all said that too ...when we kept the pound ...a piece of history...

THE GREAT EURO SWINDLE

Unilever, BP, British Airways among others claimed overwhelming the
majority of British business's backed the single currency (a vital tool for
pro-euro campaigners)

Danny Alexander, Chief Secretary to the Treasury said at the time that those
labled 'anti European' were isolationists or nationalists and were *enemies of
growth!* If he had had his way he would have steered Britain directly into
economic catastrophe

Observer colomnist Andrew Rawnsley on 31. 06. 1999.
*On the pro euro side a grand coalition of business's, unions and the
substantial sane front rank political figures to take UK into the euro ...
Tony Blair, Peter Mandleson, Michael Heseltine, Ken Clarke,
Charles Kennedy, and Danny Alexander ...
So here is another lesson: Be wary of cross party alliances.
Again and again it is the lonely and the cussed figures who stand outside
the establishment who are vindicated over time!

www.spectator.co.uk...

edit on 29-5-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join