It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

If we stay in the EU, who knows when they will want to introduce a EU passport. Loss of sovereignty first then loss of identity next! The British need to put the pride back into Britain but one can only fear that some of the young, naive and balless wont understand what that means!

If you look at that passport cover .... The first words (smaller print than the other words)

is *European Union*
Next issue will have all the wording all the same size

And the next and final issue will have those first words .... *EUROPEAN UNION*

larger than the other wording .... and then ALL of us will be stateless nonentities

THAT IS IF WE DONT VOTE OUT on JUNE 23rd

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

For legal purposes we are all classed as British citizens.

That was my only point.

ETA I actually prefer English to British and being a libertarian would like to see a separate English parliament based outside London.

edit on 28-4-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For anyone interested two Petitions have been started on Change.Org one for Remain and one for Leave. The hope is they will be signed and shared far and wide to get a realistic view of how people will be voting so things cant be rigged.

The link is here for the Leave www.change.org... aign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg. There is a link for the Remain on that page.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Yes you're correct. What I should have wrote...
Geographically you are Scottish, British and European.
Politically you are Scottish, British and European, but you just want to be Scottish.
But even if Scotland does leave the UK he will always be part of the British Isles hence British with a Scottish or EU passport if they were to remain in the EU.

Ah now somebody is getting it. British is a silly term to use because it is a geographical term. We are British because we live on the British Isles. It's the same as saying we are humans because we live on planet earth. It has no political significance.

Scotland and England together politically form Great Britain, which is the largest island of the British Isles.

Youve heard of Team GB, Team Great Britain, not Team Britain.

If you add NI to GB you get UK, United Kingdom which is the political entity that UKIP is concerned with protecting as are other Unionists.

So whilst people refer to the passport as being a British Passport, thats wrong, its a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Passport. Thats what it says on the front.

Should stop using the term British.

Anyway enough

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
From Vote Leave:

Dear Friends, You’re invited to Vote Leave Day!

www.facebook.com...

Thursday 23 June is a huge day. It’s our chance to stop handing over £350 million to the EU every week and take back control of our country!

We need YOU to sign up to our event and invite all your friends - so everyone remembers to Vote Leave!

We’ll be posting exciting updates, exclusive merchandise and videos ahead of the big day, and we need you all to do the same.

Together we can make Thursday 23 June the biggest Facebook event in Britain! Invite your friends and family!

Sincerely,
The Vote Leave Team

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
From Vote Leave:

President Obama flew in last week to give us some friendly advice.

So it turns out that the British public don’t like being told what to do. According to a YouGov poll taken after Obama spoke, support for the Leave campaign actually went up 3%.

Thank you Mr President!

But we can’t rest on our laurels. With just 55 days to go, we're still the underdogs and we must keep fighting to win this referendum.

We’ve told Obama that Britain won’t be pushed around. Now let’s tell the EU too.

Have a great bank holiday weekend,

David Baker,
Head of Grassroots Development

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
According to the Independent we are tipping towards leave, although I am convinced these numbers re not a true representation of the mood of the people.

www.msn.com... ar-BBsr2jy?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Its going to be very interesting to see the final figures on the 23 June.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just thinking aloud!!

If perchance the vote to remain wins, I am sure there is no doubt that

IF that is the case it will be very close?

So that being the case around half the population should be agreeable

to signing a petition to reduce the UK government by at least

three quarters? Due to them having even less power to govern than they

had before? therefor redundant

We wont be needing over paid, expenses greedy, self important MP's anymore

Let this be the next referendum

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Err.....you seem to have forgotten Wales.

The GREAT in Great Britain is a historical term originally used to differentiate all of us on these Blessed Isles from Brittany.

The adjective 'British' has come to be a generic term for the people of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Language is a constantly evolving thing and many words today have a completely different meaning than their original usage.

Using the term 'British' is no more 'a silly term' than using 'European' to describe the people of the geographic area known as Europe.

But what exactly was your point again?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Just thinking aloud!!

If perchance the vote to remain wins, I am sure there is no doubt that

IF that is the case it will be very close?

So that being the case around half the population should be agreeable

to signing a petition to reduce the UK government by at least

three quarters? Due to them having even less power to govern than they

had before? therefor redundant

We wont be needing over paid, expenses greedy, self important MP's anymore

Let this be the next referendum
That is my view. If remain win then it will be by a small margin but if leave win it will be by a larger margin e.g. 53-57%.

Yes we need a change of how government is formed e.g. PR or the size of seats being increased to a similar size with less MP's.

The UK is on the verge of a new dawn, lets embrace it!
edit on 30-4-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The Welsh Assembly election next week should give a good indication about how my home nation is likely to go in June.
UKIP are apparently expecting/hoping for a few AM's but it is a proportional voting system so the percentage of the vote will be the biggest indicator.

Just a heads up for the members in this thread who think that people in Wales are of a similar mindset to Scotland, they are not. I will be interested in seeing the vote breakdown next week.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The Welsh Assembly election next week should give a good indication about how my home nation is likely to go in June.
UKIP are apparently expecting/hoping for a few AM's but it is a proportional voting system so the percentage of the vote will be the biggest indicator.

Just a heads up for the members in this thread who think that people in Wales are of a similar mindset to Scotland, they are not. I will be interested in seeing the vote breakdown next week.
Talking to your fellow countrymen do you get the impression that the Welsh favour Leaving?

And yes it will be interesting to see how the WE vote goes.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Talking to your fellow countrymen do you get the impression that the Welsh favour Leaving?

All my family and friends in Swansea tell me they are voting leave.
One of my brothers is employed at the Port Talbot steelworks, and chatting about this the other day he told me the majority sentiment in the canteens is vote leave as well.

Of course this is all anecdotal, but here on the deep south coast of Devon where I live, the overwhelming majority of my social circles intend to vote leave as well. It seems that polls are at odds with the conversations on the street in my reality, it will be interesting to see the vote breakdown in the Welsh election, and also by constituency in the referendum in June.
I wonder if my anecdotal experience will reflect the results when they are counted...I certainly hope so.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

All my family and friends in Swansea tell me they are voting leave.
One of my brothers is employed at the Port Talbot steelworks, and chatting about this the other day he told me the majority sentiment in the canteens is vote leave as well.

Of course this is all anecdotal, but here on the deep south coast of Devon where I live, the overwhelming majority of my social circles intend to vote leave as well. It seems that polls are at odds with the conversations on the street in my reality, it will be interesting to see the vote breakdown in the Welsh election, and also by constituency in the referendum in June.
I wonder if my anecdotal experience will reflect the results when they are counted...I certainly hope so.
We may be more in tune with the voters than the IN campaigners. I think the IN campaign have underestimated the importance of Sovereignty and Immigration and overestimated the importance of economics (albeit those they suggest)! And this will be their downfall!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The Spectator had an EU debate last week.
blogs.spectator.co.uk...

The lineup: Dan Hannan, Nigel Farage and Kate Hoey VS Nick Clegg, Liz Kendall and Chuka Umunna.
Andrew Neil chaired.

Here is the video if anyone is interested in watching...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
George Eustice outlines a vision for UK agriculture outside the EU

www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
A perspective on the facts of the IN and OUT campaign:

EU referendum: Fact checking the big claims

www.msn.com...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I know that some have placed little credence on the www.pollstation.uk... poll but I ask ATS's at what number of voters does credence start to kick in? The number of voters in this online poll has now already exceeded 31467 votes and 80% of them are for leaving the EU? If the number of voters reaches 80-100,000 should notice be taken?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't know if any one else has come across the following, which I have only found

out today.

Anyone going on any of the NHS on line sites for any information, first

gets directed to sites spreading *remain in the EU* propaganda.

This also applies to anyone going on to DVLA sites, they are first

introduced to the *remain in the EU* propaganda.

Despite passing their tests, it is being recognised that young motorists feel unready

to take to the roads.

These young motorists will have even more to worry about when it is discovered

that hidden deep inside the EU agenda is a plan to force a change to

'right hand side' of the road driving. The cost to the UK will be horrendous .... but

that will not concern the EU, where harmonising is sacrosanct.

Nearly every private car, and public service vehicle would be obsolete. All bus

stops roundabouts, crossings and road signs would have to be replaced, and

children would need to learn new road safety procedures !!
edit on 1-5-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I don't know if any one else has come across the following, which I have only found

out today.

Anyone going on any of the NHS on line sites for any information, first

gets directed to sites spreading *remain in the EU* propaganda.

This also applies to anyone going on to DVLA sites, they are first

introduced to the *remain in the EU* propaganda.

Despite passing their tests, it is being recognised that young motorists feel unready

to take to the roads.

These young motorists will have even more to worry about when it is discovered

that hidden deep inside the EU agenda is a plan to force a change to

'right hand side' of the road driving. The cost to the UK will be horrendous .... but

that will not concern the EU, where harmonising is sacrosanct.

Nearly every private car, and public service vehicle would be obsolete. All bus

stops roundabouts, crossings and road signs would have to be replaced, and

children would need to learn new road safety procedures !!
By hook or by crook is the Remain campaigns means! I think all their antics will back fire because they are so obvious and its insulting to the people!

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join