It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Here is a must watch video with some well known people explaining the birth and eventual death of the EU.

Some people may call it a conspiracy theory but it seems very accurate and plausible to me.

There are some important issues raised in the video that need to be discussed if people have time to watch.
- Particularly interested about the EU wanting to turn the UK into 12 regions
- The similarities between the EU and the Soviet Union.

This deserves its own thread.
Are you ok starting one - or I can do it if you like?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
David Miliband saying that Brexit is political arson and no world leader would celebrate us leaving except for dear old Vlad, le Pen and possibly Trump. I think he is just a mouth-piece for Hilary Clinton as their close friendship develops and talk of him being given a position in her potential administration.

Why Brexit would be nothing less than an act of political arson

"Dodgy Dave" ... you made my day Dennis Skinner

Whenever you hear a politician try to associate leaving with Putin and Le Pen (or Trump) you know they have lost all rationale arguments. They are now trying to win by negative association.

To ANYONE considering voting yes, you owe it yourself to watch the video above, research the points and share with the people you know and ask them to share. Britain is on the verge of of being conquered, losing the protection afforded to us by the Magna Carta. The last time we were in this much peril was in the dark days of WWII.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sure feel free to make a new thread about it

Edit - Actually there is already a post about it here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 83113bAmerica/ChicagoMon, 11 Apr 2016 18:13:06 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Heads up on EU Them or Us Docu on TV tonight Part 1

www.tvguide.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
IMF: Brexit could cause severe damage

Feel the love my friends lol

This is only the start

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

This is only the start
Scaremongers! Damage the EU maybe and impact the IMF but not the UK!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
More from Vote Leave:

Save Our NHS

In an open letter www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... =voteleave , more than fifty healthcare workers including doctors, nurses and paramedics have called for the UK to Vote Leave to save the NHS. They argue that the NHS has not received the necessary funding and that only if we Vote Leave can we protect the NHS.

Commenting, one of the signatories, Dr Philip Cunnington said: ‘Billions of pounds of UK taxpayers’ money is sent to Brussels every year while the NHS is starved of funding. Let's Vote Leave on June 23rd and take control of our spending, allocating it to more important things such as the NHS'.

The NHS faces a dangerous cocktail of threats, amongst them the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) - a series of trade negotiations taking part in secret between the EU and the US - and rising patient demand. For the NHS to prosper, we must leave the EU. If we Vote Leave and take back control, we can spend our money on our priorities such as the NHS.

David Miliband - #WrongThenWrongNow

Pro-EU former Foreign Secretary David Miliband will today say that the European Union is vital to Britain. He claims that it would be ‘political disarmament’ to leave the EU. However, Mr Miliband doesn’t have a great track record when it comes to the EU.

David Miliband was an ardent supporter of scrapping the pound. He was also the Foreign Secretary who signed the Lisbon Treaty, which gave even more powers and vetoes away to Brussels. Miliband was wrong then and he is wrong now.

Outside the EU we will continue to trade with our European partners without accepting the supremacy of EU law. If we Vote Leave and take back control, we can stop sending £350 million a week to Brussels and spend our money on our priorities.

We’re on Tour Around the UK This Week!

This weekend marks the start of the official referendum campaign. We are holding some special events right across the country, and we’d love you to join us.

15 April

Nottingham
Manchester
Ipswich
Southampton
Plymouth
Llandudno
Manchester

16 April

Oxford
Leeds
Birmingham
Cardiff
Newcastle

There will be a range of high profile speakers from all walks of life, and we will be giving you the opportunity to ask them questions afterwards. Hundreds of people will be at each of these events. Book now to reserve your place, and please invite friends and family to come along too!

Today’s must-reads:

Doctors claim Brexit would free up funds - Times
www.thetimes.co.uk...

European court to consider legality of UK surveillance laws - Guardian
www.theguardian.com...

Outrage as Cameron poaches top civil servants for secret EU referendum - Sun
www.thesun.co.uk...

‘Return to sender’ - Daily Mail
www.dailymail.co.uk... tml?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Why none in Scotland ?

Are we not in UK ?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

This is only the start
Scaremongers! Damage the EU maybe and impact the IMF but not the UK!

All the globalists are out in force trying to scare and intimidate the UK population into giving up all control over their own destiny and consigning Britain to history.

I'll be living in EU region 7 by the look of it if the vote is to stay in the EU. Has a Hunger Games feel to it - perhaps we will be assigned a specific economic task in Region 7(or should I say District 7) ?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Why none in Scotland ?

Are we not in UK ?

They are a lost cause.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Good video with sound arguments.

Couple of issues with it though.

There is no such thing as a British Constitution, so I don't know why they talk about it so much when it doesn't exist. The laws etc they refer to are different across the UK. English Law and Scottish Law are not the same.

Why oh why do 'English' productions use graphics like this one

Which tries to make out that England is so much bigger (superior) to the rest of the UK by using a southerly point of perspective. Even the BBC does this everyday with weather maps.

A true map of the UK using an overhead point of perspective would look like this

I'm only mentioning it because if you are looking for the support of the whole country in your endeavors to leave the EU it would be a good idea to treat all of the UK fairly.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

This is only the start
Good question and not sure. Might have something to do with the fact that Scotland probably doesn't want to be part of the UK never mind the EU. What does the first lady of Scotland want considering she represents 80%+ of Scots?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Lol the honourable member has previously expressed his joy at the sly tactics of government being used against the UK 'leave' campaign. He/she wants Scotland to vote 'remain' and the rest of the UK to vote 'leave' solely to force another Scottish referendum.
I hope that happens to be honest, then we can be done with the whinging Scottish nationalists for good.

That said, I believe his perception that the IMF announcement is a political scare tactics move is correct.
Watching BBC news just now, the first story was the IMF announcement, then the second story was a pro-EU piece about the EU planning to crack down on multi-national company tax evasion.

First story - be scared to leave the EU
Second story - the EU is your friend cracking down on Google/Amazon etc.

Let's hope the rest of the UK is not as gullible as the Scots seem to claim they were after believing the propaganda in their last independence referendum lol

*Edit*
I'll be happy either way. If the rest of the UK votes leave and Scotland vote 'love the EU' so force a referendum to leave the UK, great.
If the whole of the UK votes 'love the EU' then the whinging nationalists won't get their referendum, and I will piss myself laughing.

edit on 12.4.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I wouldn't say I was joyous about it. I am laughing watching it unfold because exactly the same happened up here when the entire British Establishment went into overdrive to heap scare story after scare story on the people of Scotland resulting in many people being swayed by lies and propaganda. It's funny to watch all over, it's funny listening to you guys complaining about it, when I complained when it happened to us you called us whinging. So its ok for you to whinge and not me. I still don't think you get it yet. It's just me me me with no consideration for anyone else. At the same time it's very sad to watch all over again because it's a painful reminder of how Scots were robbed.

And so if the outcome of this series of lies and propaganda results in UK remaining in EU I will be very sad and I think you will be outraged. Kind of how we Scots felt after being cheated.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: 83Liberty

Good video with sound arguments.

Couple of issues with it though.

There is no such thing as a British Constitution, so I don't know why they talk about it so much when it doesn't exist. The laws etc they refer to are different across the UK. English Law and Scottish Law are not the same.

Why oh why do 'English' productions use graphics like this one

Which tries to make out that England is so much bigger (superior) to the rest of the UK by using a southerly point of perspective. Even the BBC does this everyday with weather maps.

A true map of the UK using an overhead point of perspective would look like this

I'm only mentioning it because if you are looking for the support of the whole country in your endeavors to leave the EU it would be a good idea to treat all of the UK fairly.

You're right - the perspective does usually make Scotland look smaller. Now that i see the birds eye view I think Scotland has too much land. England should take some.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It's funny to watch all over, it's funny listening to you guys complaining about it, when I complained when it happened to us you called us whinging. So its ok for you to whinge and not me.

No whinging from me, not in this thread or anywhere else, I see it as standard government practice.
I haven't complained, I even chuckled when I threw the government leaflet in the bin yesterday.
I'll take the vote result for what it is, I'm just hoping the biased press will swing it with the stupid folk who only believe what they read in the paper lol.

And so if the outcome of this series of lies and propaganda results in UK remaining in EU I will be very sad and I think you will be outraged. Kind of how we Scots felt after being cheated.

Nope, I won't be outraged, I'll move on with the new reality, and piss laughing that you won't get that (how many is it now?) new referendum to leave the UK.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Why would you be happy if you get stuck in EU. That doesn't make sense. Surely you would be unhappy.
Why do you refer to Scots who want their country back as whinging. That makes you a whinger for wanting your country back from EU does it not.
A second referendum does not rely on Brexit. There may be other reasons for another vote. So don't laugh too soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

You are correct the UK doesn't have a written constitution as such.

However, the laws pushed through parliament are shaped around the Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights, the Act of Settlement and the Parliament Acts.

Which is what the video explained.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

I wouldn't be happy so don't put words in my mouth, I said I'll take the result for what it is and move on with the new reality.
You won't see me whinging pointlessly on ATS though, that's your job.

Oh, and you are voting 'remain' in the EU referendum for solely selfish Scottish reasons, which is fine, I couldn't give a rats arse what the result is in Scotland, unless the referendum is lost by people like you, and in that situation I really do hope you do one from the UK, sooner rather than later. As I've said, wouldn't affect my life in the slightest.

...but you won't see me present myself like you auld whingebag's north of the border do lol

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol the honourable member has previously expressed his joy at the sly tactics of government being used against the UK 'leave' campaign. He/she wants Scotland to vote 'remain' and the rest of the UK to vote 'leave' solely to force another Scottish referendum.
I hope that happens to be honest, then we can be done with the whinging Scottish nationalists for good.

That said, I believe his perception that the IMF announcement is a political scare tactics move is correct.
Watching BBC news just now, the first story was the IMF announcement, then the second story was a pro-EU piece about the EU planning to crack down on multi-national company tax evasion.

First story - be scared to leave the EU
Second story - the EU is your friend cracking down on Google/Amazon etc.

Let's hope the rest of the UK is not as gullible as the Scots seem to claim they were after believing the propaganda in their last independence referendum lol

*Edit*
I'll be happy either way. If the rest of the UK votes leave and Scotland vote 'love the EU' so force a referendum to leave the UK, great.
If the whole of the UK votes 'love the EU' then the whinging nationalists won't get their referendum, and I will piss myself laughing.
This Scotland in/out of UK is in my view irrelevant to the EU IN/OUT debate and decision and pretty minor in comparison so lets focus on the EU because should we leave the EU it will be a whole new ball game for Scotland and may be a change of attitude will arise should leaving the EU prove to be beneficial.
edit on 12-4-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join