It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamiteTerrorists who commit inhuman acts against innocent folk are NOT human beings but mad deranged sick animals that need to expire.

You sound like a terrorist yourself now. No, they are not animals, they are human beings. They may be considered mad in which case they should be treated, if that is not possible, isolated. But still, they are humans.

If we HAVE to take some rights away from them to prevent society in general, this should be done in a civilised way: we should arrest them, inform them of what we think they did wrong, allow them to contact a lawyer, if they do not have the means to pay for one, we will appoint one (and it will be our honour to get him the best one we can find). We will not torture we will not allow he is beaten by others (let alone inmates or guards). He has the right to have a decent trial. We will always try to prevent killings, let alone death penalties. You can't create more good by adding bad. Any liberties we have to take away need to be carefully considered.

You, my friend, seem to think that we have some super humans that can be judge, jury and executioner all in one. Such people do exist: you would label them terrorists.

Don't become what you hate.

The only way to stop the terrorists is to eliminate them before they commit the act! I know what about human rights!
Which way do you want it.

The only proper way: by standing with the principle's, ethics and Laws of a civilised society. If the UK chooses to abandon that path, I will cheer the brexit.
Barbaric Animals!

No humans are Barbaric Animals.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamiteTerrorists who commit inhuman acts against innocent folk are NOT human beings but mad deranged sick animals that need to expire.

You sound like a terrorist yourself now. No, they are not animals, they are human beings. They may be considered mad in which case they should be treated, if that is not possible, isolated. But still, they are humans.

If we HAVE to take some rights away from them to prevent society in general, this should be done in a civilised way: we should arrest them, inform them of what we think they did wrong, allow them to contact a lawyer, if they do not have the means to pay for one, we will appoint one (and it will be our honour to get him the best one we can find). We will not torture we will not allow he is beaten by others (let alone inmates or guards). He has the right to have a decent trial. We will always try to prevent killings, let alone death penalties. You can't create more good by adding bad. Any liberties we have to take away need to be carefully considered.

You, my friend, seem to think that we have some super humans that can be judge, jury and executioner all in one. Such people do exist: you would label them terrorists.

The only way to stop the terrorists is to eliminate them before they commit the act! I know what about human rights!

The only proper way: by standing with the principle's, ethics and Laws of a civilised society. If the UK chooses to abandon that path, I will cheer the brexit.
Barbaric Animals!

Careful now, he will become angry and demand that you no longer participate in his conversation.

It happened to me and now he will not speak to me at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Barbaric Animals!

Careful now, he will become angry and demand that you no longer participate in his conversation.

Silly boy bitch!
edit on 24-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Oh yes they are!!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

No they are humans with issues, because circumstances have made them react and behave in a certain way.

As BF Skinner put it we come into this world 'Tabula Rasa', a blank slate, meaning our experience shape our behaviour and our norms.

So a human maybe behaving barbarically in your perception, but in their mind could be completely justified depending on their experiences from the world around them.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

They are just as important. Not more or less important:

Did you really just type that??? I find it disgusting. Are you displaying misguided emotional resonance?

I wonder if your admirable stance would change if someone you love was murdered by these scum. They have infiltrated western civilised society like putrefied septic puss, particularly in our universities. Law abiding people are losing their lives because of these abominations and you have the cheek to call them human? They want to destroy our way of life! I will fight to defend my western values and way of life against this vile backward civilisation (Salafis and Wahhabis). Prejudice does not even come into the argument as some liberals claim. It is about self-preservation of our identity, western ideals and our culture. Something my grandfather and great-grandfather fought for in both wars.

If you don't agree with this try walking around Saudi Arabia in shorts and an an unbuttoned shirt ... erm but but but this is respecting another culture. Yes when you are in their country. We have our own culture and it should be respected and followed without exception, no allowances or special rights, just as they do.

It just amazes me that people like you, and there are plenty of them, just don't have the moral conviction to stand up to these vile individuals who despise our way of life. To fight to keep your freedom you need a belief and sadly this is lacking in many European wishy washy governments. Since the UK started bombing Syria, ISIS has killed far more civilians than the UK has killed terrorists. They are NOT committed and have NO moral conviction. It is all bs.

I read this yesterday and it says everything really.

Fact of the matter is that we have no self respect, no sense of self preservation or indeed pride left in us. We pride in calling ourselves "liberals" yet we never tire of defending the most illiberal, misogynistic and intolerant ideology there is - all in the name of being liberal.

Our liberal ways, democracy and decency (yes, our values) will be the end of us. Our values stand no chance against a brutal force masquerading as religion. We are equipped with feeble minds and even feebler tools for defence. These are blunt tools and soon they will be extinct, gone in a puff of smoke And you know what? We will not even recognise their absence, so stupid, we have become.

Differing views to the enforced official narrative is deemed as prejudice with a need to police human thought and expression. This isn't true liberalism, its the new progressive liberalism aka tyranny.

and yet you say:

The only proper way: by standing with the principle's, ethics and Laws of a civilised society.

They are outside our laws and principles and do not respect them. If you do not agree to be bound by them why on earth should you be able to use them for protection and self-preservation? And please don't regurgitate all that PC nonsense about human vulnerability such as broken homes and indoctrination. I came from a broken home and a very bad childhood. I am not out there blowing people up because of it!!

You suggest that terrorists have human rights. No they do not. They gave up those rights the minute they started committing atrocities. The mistake you are making is fooling yourself that they are human beings. This is actually an insult to civilised human beings. They are not human beings and emotion is irrelevant in the pursuit of justice. It is claimed that many of them are psychopathic so it would also be wasted empathy.

You cannot dismiss the physical, psychological and emotional effects of violent crime (which are often lifelong) on innocent people. The recipient of violent crime should be the sole focus. By showing empathy for terrorists you are actually dismissing the above. There is no mitigation for mass murder.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Silly boy bitch!

Oh no! Some angry yet misguided person is insulting me poorly on the internet.....

Oh nooooo....

A teenage insult!!! whatever shall I do now?

You really are one of the silliest people I have ever encountered in a so called serious debate.

Anyway I thought you were not talking to me any more?

Also being rude to my partner is like being rude to me.

Blahblahblah.......

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Non EU immigration will not change one Iota! EU imigration might fall, however, since the vast majority of the East European immigration (which is what keeps getting brought up) is about cheap labour for employers then where will those employers get their labour from afterwards?

You're correct, however, no one is advocating stopping immigration from European countries. With an Australian style points based system, we can decide who can come to our country based on what we need and we can be flexible. The numbers and strictness of the policy would obviously depend on the government at the time.

If a firm can move manufacturing to a cheap labour country (like Dyson did) then it will do so. It it can't then it will raise its wages so that UK born will work for them and the consequence of that is a higher cost of goods. Remember the cockle pickers in Morcambe bay? They weren't legal EU immigrants they were illegal far east immigrants. I wonder if more of that would occur....DUH! of course it would.

The Conservatives are raising the minimum wage to £9 per hour by 2020, so if you're correct, then it would happen regardless and it's more to do with the incompetence of various government departments than with immigration.

How come the people bitching and whining about immigration never bitch and whine about the rich people driving Mercs avoiding tax etc who own firms that employ cheap EU labour ?

I moan about the rich and the big corporations all the time. In fact, it's the Remain side that is supported by these very corporations.

The Brexit folks keep harking on about two things :
1. We will continue trade with Europe with new trade agreements.
2. We will be free to improve our trade with the rest of of the world, sometimes appended with, we used to have high trade with commonwealth countries.

I would love to know how the economy would instantly grow in such a way that 1 is maintained and 2 increases !!!!

Who is suggesting our economy would instantly grow? Our fishing industry would grow for sure.

I would love to know how the likes of New Zealand , Australia, Canada etc would suddenly start selling us more of their produce since we have actually replaced it with European sourced goods (over the last 40 years) and we intend to maintain trade with Europe...weird economic logic there.

Well if we manage to have a complete free trade agreement with either of those countries then of course there would be more trade with those countries. Or say if we don't achieve a free trade agreement with the EU, then products would be more expensive, opening up new markets. It's not 'weird economic logic'.

I would love to know what EU rules prevent us from trading with countries outside the EU anyway.

EU rules don't prevent us trading with other countries, I don't think anyone has suggested that, have they?
EU rules do prevent us making our own free trade agreements with other countries however. FACT

I would love to know why our trade with the commonwealth fell in preference to Europe over the last 40 years if the EU is such a rules driven nightmare.

It could be a combination of many factors.

The brexit folks cherry pick their tales. They never highlight that non EU countries still have to abide by EU regulations when selling goods into the EU.

That's the same with EVERY country in the world. If you want to sell your goods into a country you have to abide by their regulations. Considering we have one of the highest standards in the world already and we also already follow the EU regulations to the letter, our trade won't be impacted (unless of course trade tariffs are put in place).

Human rights has nothing to do with EU. Look at the countries that have signed up to the European Human Rights legislation, 47 of them which includes all 28 EU members. Some will never be in the EU. Do folks not realise there is a UN human rights charter as well. The European one is more convenient and faster to use.

No other court in the world should be able to sue or override our own supreme courts.

One last whine here : The EU commission that is appointed......but includes one member from each country (preventing large countries dominating proceedings) and the commission is approved by MEP's who we vote for. By comparison the cabinet is appointed, hired and fired at the whim of the Prime Minister, one man. The cabinet is never approved by anyone except one man. But apparently that's OK but the commission is undemocratic.

Only because we have little democracy in the UK doesn't make it OK to have even less democracy from the EU.

Currently there are 28 member states, so we get 1 vote out of 28 (4% influence), this will get less as more member states join, and these member states are even less similar to the UK, so there would be even more conflict of interests, making agreements longer and more difficult.

We have have 73 MEPs out of 751 (10% influence) in the European Parliament, again more member states will join and we will get LESS influence.
edit on 83142bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Mar 2016 16:42:46 -05003116 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

No they are humans with issues, because circumstances have made them react and behave in a certain way.

As BF Skinner put it we come into this world 'Tabula Rasa', a blank slate, meaning our experience shape our behaviour and our norms.

So a human maybe behaving barbarically in your perception, but in their mind could be completely justified depending on their experiences from the world around them.
Pedantic!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Silly boy bitch!

Oh no! Some angry yet misguided person is insulting me poorly on the internet.....

Oh nooooo....

You really are one of the silliest people I have ever encountered in a so called serious debate.

Blahblahblah.......
Rubbish

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Silly boy bitch!

Oh nooooo....

Blahblahblah.......
Rubbish

Well all I can say is what a well structured repost you made there.

I am almost at a loss for words against such a well written response to my comment.

Well done Sir!

Give yourself a stout pat on the back and take a piece of fruit of your choosing from the bowl.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Silly boy bitch!

Oh nooooo....

Blahblahblah.......
Rubbish

I am almost at a loss for words against such a well written response to my comment.

Well done Sir!

Give yourself a stout pat on the back and take a piece of fruit of your choosing from the bowl.
more rubbish!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: ForteanOrg

They are just as important. Not more or less important:

Did you really just type that??? I find it disgusting. Are you displaying misguided emotional resonance?

I wonder if your admirable stance would change if someone you love was murdered by these scum. They have infiltrated western civilised society like putrefied septic puss, particularly in our universities. Law abiding people are losing their lives because of these abominations and you have the cheek to call them human? They want to destroy our way of life! I will fight to defend my western values and way of life against this vile backward civilisation (Salafis and Wahhabis). Prejudice does not even come into the argument as some liberals claim. It is about self-preservation of our identity, western ideals and our culture. Something my grandfather and great-grandfather fought for in both wars.

If you don't agree with this try walking around Saudi Arabia in shorts and an an unbuttoned shirt ... erm but but but this is respecting another culture. Yes when you are in their country. We have our own culture and it should be respected and followed without exception, no allowances or special rights, just as they do.

It just amazes me that people like you, and there are plenty of them, just don't have the moral conviction to stand up to these vile individuals who despise our way of life. To fight to keep your freedom you need a belief and sadly this is lacking in many European wishy washy governments. Since the UK started bombing Syria, ISIS has killed far more civilians than the UK has killed terrorists. They are NOT committed and have NO moral conviction. It is all bs.

I read this yesterday and it says everything really.

Fact of the matter is that we have no self respect, no sense of self preservation or indeed pride left in us. We pride in calling ourselves "liberals" yet we never tire of defending the most illiberal, misogynistic and intolerant ideology there is - all in the name of being liberal.

Our liberal ways, democracy and decency (yes, our values) will be the end of us. Our values stand no chance against a brutal force masquerading as religion. We are equipped with feeble minds and even feebler tools for defence. These are blunt tools and soon they will be extinct, gone in a puff of smoke And you know what? We will not even recognise their absence, so stupid, we have become.

Differing views to the enforced official narrative is deemed as prejudice with a need to police human thought and expression. This isn't true liberalism, its the new progressive liberalism aka tyranny.

and yet you say:

The only proper way: by standing with the principle's, ethics and Laws of a civilised society.

They are outside our laws and principles and do not respect them. If you do not agree to be bound by them why on earth should you be able to use them for protection and self-preservation? And please don't regurgitate all that PC nonsense about human vulnerability such as broken homes and indoctrination. I came from a broken home and a very bad childhood. I am not out there blowing people up because of it!!

You suggest that terrorists have human rights. No they do not. They gave up those rights the minute they started committing atrocities. The mistake you are making is fooling yourself that they are human beings. This is actually an insult to civilised human beings. They are not human beings and emotion is irrelevant in the pursuit of justice. It is claimed that many of them are psychopathic so it would also be wasted empathy.

You cannot dismiss the physical, psychological and emotional effects of violent crime (which are often lifelong) on innocent people. The recipient of violent crime should be the sole focus. By showing empathy for terrorists you are actually dismissing the above. There is no mitigation for mass murder.

Well put.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Silly boy bitch!

Oh nooooo....

Blahblahblah.......
Rubbish

Well done Sir!

more rubbish!

This is getting really siily now is it not?

In both threads you give two word insults and in both I ask you to expound your opinion.

In all cases you simply give two word answers again despite my attempts to discuss your anger?

Here is one more idea that might just work.

Try to formulate a response that is not a two word childish temper tantrum type answer and then just maybe we can talk in an adult fashion?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Silly boy bitch!

Oh nooooo....

Blahblahblah.......
Rubbish

Well done Sir!

more rubbish!

In both threads you give two word insults and in both I ask you to expound your opinion.

In all cases you simply give two word answers again despite my attempts to discuss your anger?

Try to formulate a response that is not a two word childish temper tantrum type answer and then just maybe we can talk in an adult fashion?
more gibberish

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

more gibberish

Oh really?
I'm sorry, I understood the members posted message...it seemed quite clear to me.
If you thought it was gibberish then please feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to help by offering my interpretation of how I understand the conversation between yourselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

But what is the root cause of this person behaving violently? Why are they behaving this way?

Don't blame the immigrants coming over here, the root cause is war due to cap foreign policy and them being exploited by gangs who take their money with no regard for their passengers.

Can we all not take a step back and do a bit of root cause analysis.

Everyone in the scenario is a victim. The leaders need dealing with not the poor people who have been suckered in or exploited.

Nobody blows themselves up without some serious mental work over. Same as a person who commits suicide "normally", they are in severe mental trauma.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

more gibberish

Oh really?
I'm sorry, I understood the members posted message...it seemed quite clear to me.
If you thought it was gibberish then please feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to help by offering my interpretation of how I understand the conversation between yourselves.
He's a thread spoiler!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Barbaric Animals!

Silly boy bitch!

Oh nooooo....

Blahblahblah.......
Rubbish

Well done Sir!

more rubbish!

more gibberish

I see the humour in you post Sir.

Ahahahahah....

Not really you Sir are a buffoon.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join