It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Question is it bad to have 2nd thoughts and change your mind over something that is bad for the nation?

'For heaven's sake, try and find some other way': Tory MPs urge PM not to override Brexit agreement

www.msn.com... oPWjQ

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Take your threats off the table, Johnson tells EU in trade row

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I hope you recall that I am a passionate Brexit supporter.....but I've always been suspicious of Boris Johnson and his motivations. He was always pro-EU before being offered the leading role in the Brexit campaign and he suddenly switched sides.

I've been quite supportive of his handling of Brexit negotiations - his predecessor was an abject failure.
My only criticisms really have been that he hasn't been aggressive enough.

But how on earth can anyone support him on this?
He drafted this agreement that he now unilaterally wants to tear sections up; just where is our credibility then?
And the parts he wants to rip up are incredibly sensitive and could be harmful to the future of the UK itself.

I get the impression he's deliberately trying to provoke a reaction from the EU in order to garner support here in the UK and to deflect away from his handling of the Covid 19 pandemic and other domestic issues.

I am incredibly reluctant to side with Remoaners and twats like Bliar, but........

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I am incredibly reluctant to side with Remoaners and twats like Bliar, but........

I should think so too ........

Bliar who took us to war on trumped up *Weapons of mass destruction*

And

Major who was arguably the worst PM we ever had?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Bliar who took us to war on trumped up *Weapons of mass destruction*

He lied to The House of Commons and he lied to the nation and sent British servicemen to their deaths.

Major who was arguably the worst PM we ever had?

Not sure about that.
Worse than Neville Chamberlain?
Worse than Gordon Brown?
Worse than David Cameron?
Worse than Theresa May?

And I know many will disagree with me here.....but worse than Margaret Thatcher?

But I fear that Boris Johnson might outdo them all!

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

To be honest I think Margaret Thatcher could have handled Barnier with one

hand tied behind her!!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I hope you recall that I am a passionate Brexit supporter.....but I've always been suspicious of Boris Johnson and his motivations. He was always pro-EU before being offered the leading role in the Brexit campaign and he suddenly switched sides.

I've been quite supportive of his handling of Brexit negotiations - his predecessor was an abject failure.
My only criticisms really have been that he hasn't been aggressive enough.

But how on earth can anyone support him on this?
He drafted this agreement that he now unilaterally wants to tear sections up; just where is our credibility then?
And the parts he wants to rip up are incredibly sensitive and could be harmful to the future of the UK itself.

I get the impression he's deliberately trying to provoke a reaction from the EU in order to garner support here in the UK and to deflect away from his handling of the Covid 19 pandemic and other domestic issues.

As always the devil is in the detail and its not just about NI but fisheries which is something that we need to fully control in future after fishing rights were stolen from us by the EU many years ago and that decimated the fishing industry. I am no Tory and have never voted Tory but I am behind Boris and believe is is acting in the best long term interest of our nation, and if insurance is what we need just in case then I am for the bill.

Lets understand that the EU is and have not been our friend for a long time and has not acted in the interest of the UK.

I'm Labour (not this bunch and certainly not Mr 2nd referendum) but for Boris.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Boris Johnson’s Brexit bill faces vote in parliament – what happens next?

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The bill is needed in my view to prevent the EU using some protocols in the WA as leverage in trade negotiations. Its also need to protect and revitalise our fishing industry.

EU can resolve Brexit row to prevent no deal, say Irish foreign minister

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Britain could surrender control over Channel Islands fishing in attempt to pass Brexit deal

www.msn.com... jQ

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well that's not good! Wonder what the Islanders think of that???

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Well that's not good! Wonder what the Islanders think of that???

Rainbows
Jane

Not sure things will be very different for the Chanel Islands as they have been under EU rules. Boris's plan is to take back control of our fishing waters around the UK so we are no longer subject to EU impose quotas etc, but he may need to give some. All depends on if there is a deal I guess, which there might not be.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Boris Johnson labels Brussels 'abusive' for 'not acting in good faith' over Brexit deal

www.msn.com... mailsignout

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Here's WTF Is Going On In The Latest Big Brexit Row

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Time to tell the EU cabal to Feck Off..

EU leaders to discuss Brexit at summit in boost to trade deal hopes

uk.yahoo.com...

EU stands firm on demand for changes to Brexit Bill despite PM’s compromise

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Wishful.............at best

U.K. Sees Brexit Progress as Von Der Leyen Says Deal Is Possible

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Just f****** leave with no deal.
No deal is the ONLY deal.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm with you there.

There is no end to their audacity. We have to leave because the won't let us go.

They have no conception of the meaning of soverignity.

Brexit war erupts as Frost tells Barnier HANDS OFF Channel Tunnel - 'Blatant power grab'
THE EUROPEAN Union has been told to keep its hands off the Channel Tunnel after Brussels attempted a power grab over the link between England and France.

The late move by Michel Barnier’s negotiating team has been seen as “a trojan horse” to impose EU jurisdiction over British territory which could also be used to block trade deals with other countries. It comes as Lord Frost’s negotiating team have accused the EU of “politicising” the negotiations and “overreaching” with their threats to ban UK food exports to Europe.

The demand that the EU has governance over the Channel Tunnel was added to the process in August late in the negotiations and would have given Brussels and the European Court of Justice control of the line through Kent to St Pancras station in London.

The Channel has for decades been governed via a bilateral agreement between Britain and France in the Treaty of Canterbury.

“Any bilateral agreement must fully respect the UK’s status as an independent sovereign nation – we will never sign up to demands to align with EU laws or be subject to the EU having a say.”

In a piece for Briefings for Brexit, civil servant Caroline Bell wrote: “This is nothing less than a blatant power grab by the EU, which seeks to usurp a bilateral arrangement that is sound in international law in order to be able to impose EU regulation and the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in the UK.”

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
But when some of the agreements protocols have been designed to be used against one party in negotiations on trade then there is an argument that a nation is justified in taking steps to protect its sovereignty and the general welfare of the economy and its peoples!! This is my view and I think that Boris is right in passing a law to install that protective mechanism. All this talk about breaking treaties if bull# because if something is going to result in bad outcomes for your nation then a nation is justified in breaching that agreement.

We will not sign a trade deal while there is a 'gun still on the table', say EU sources

uk.yahoo.com...

EU leader Michel lashes out at Britain over post-Brexit plan

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm with you there.

There is no end to their audacity. We have to leave because the won't let us go.

They have no conception of the meaning of soverignity.

Brexit war erupts as Frost tells Barnier HANDS OFF Channel Tunnel - 'Blatant power grab'
THE EUROPEAN Union has been told to keep its hands off the Channel Tunnel after Brussels attempted a power grab over the link between England and France.

The late move by Michel Barnier’s negotiating team has been seen as “a trojan horse” to impose EU jurisdiction over British territory which could also be used to block trade deals with other countries. It comes as Lord Frost’s negotiating team have accused the EU of “politicising” the negotiations and “overreaching” with their threats to ban UK food exports to Europe.

The demand that the EU has governance over the Channel Tunnel was added to the process in August late in the negotiations and would have given Brussels and the European Court of Justice control of the line through Kent to St Pancras station in London.

The Channel has for decades been governed via a bilateral agreement between Britain and France in the Treaty of Canterbury.

“Any bilateral agreement must fully respect the UK’s status as an independent sovereign nation – we will never sign up to demands to align with EU laws or be subject to the EU having a say.”

In a piece for Briefings for Brexit, civil servant Caroline Bell wrote: “This is nothing less than a blatant power grab by the EU, which seeks to usurp a bilateral arrangement that is sound in international law in order to be able to impose EU regulation and the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in the UK.”

www.express.co.uk...

Maybe one day the EU will come to understand that they are to have ZERO say in our laws. Absolutely ZERO.

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196 >>

join