It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Plenty of smuggling goes on now, shop in town sells smuggled tobacco products from Eastern Europe, brown paper bag from under the counter. They do a roaring trade, £13 for 50g of tobacco, nobody is going to grass them up.
That will never change lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The time for "soft" brexit to appease, the EU burocrats is long gone ...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
The time for "soft" brexit to appease, the EU burocrats is long gone ...

Its ridiculous and total betrayal of the British electorate.

Theresa May secures approval from cabinet to negotiate soft Brexit
www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Brexit latest: Boris Johnson slams Theresa May's EU deal in foul-mouthed language

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I'm a little confused on the Irish border situation .... Ireland doesnt want a hard

border, UK doesn't want one, and the EU wants to be border free everywhere?

So where's the problem?

After Brexit

There may be a lot of smuggling going on! surely that's the price of being

borderless?

Suck it up EU.

If I remember correctly the Irish weren't keen to join the EU or was it the

euro .... anyway didn't they have to keep on voting till the EU got the

answer they wanted ?

The Irish border issue (Red Herring) is a farce!

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is not surprising!

Brexit secretary David Davis resigns plunging government into crisis

www.msn.com...

David Davis resignation – who, why and what happens next?

www.msn.com...

Davis Davis resignation letter in full

www.msn.com...
edit on 8-7-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree with Boris!!

Brexit news: Michael Gove urges Tory MPs to back Theresa May's EU plan

www.msn.com...

Brexit latest: Boris Johnson slams Theresa May's EU deal in foul-mouthed language

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

This is all kicking off now, David Davis has RESIGNED!!!!

Here is his resignation letter...

Dear Prime Minister, As you know there have been a significant number of occasions in the last year or so on which I have disagreed with the Number 10 policy line, ranging from accepting the Commission's sequencing of negotiations through to the language on Northern Ireland in the December Joint Report. At each stage I have accepted collective responsibility because it is part of my task to find workable compromises, and because I considered it was still possible to deliver on the mandate of the referendum, and on our manifesto commitment to leave the Customs Union and the Single Market. 'I am afraid that I think the current trend of policy and tactics is making that look less and less likely. Whether it is the progressive dilution of what I thought was a firm Chequers agreement in February on right to diverge, or the unnecessary delays of the start of the White Paper, or the presentation of a backstop proposal that omitted the strict conditions that I requested and believed that we had agreed, the general direction of policy will leave us in at best a weak negotiating position, and possibly an inescapable one. 'The Cabinet decision on Friday crystallised this problem. In my view the inevitable consequence of the proposed policies will be to make the supposed control by Parliament illusory rather than real. As I said at Cabinet, the 'common rule book' policy hands control of large swathes of our economy to the EU and is certainly not returning control of our laws in any real sense. 'I am also unpersuaded that our negotiating approach will not just lead to further demands for concessions. Of course this is a complex area of judgement and it is possible that you are right and I am wrong. However, even in that event it seems to me that the national interest requires a Secretary of State in my Department that is an enthusiastic believer in your approach, and not merely a reluctant conscript. While I have been grateful to you for the opportunity to serve, it is with great regret that I tender my resignation from the Cabinet with immediate effect. Yours ever David

There are even rumors that Boris Johnson may also resign.
Hopefully this will make Mrs May toughen her stance on Brexit, but i doubt it, she's clearly a remainer and taking Hammond's and the Civil Services side in the Brexit negotiations.

What a wet floppy fish Mrs May has been, she is the one who needs to resign.
If she doesn't Jeremy Corbyn will be Prime Minister at the next general election.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

This is all kicking off now, David Davis has RESIGNED!!!!

Here is his resignation letter...

Dear Prime Minister, As you know there have been a significant number of occasions in the last year or so on which I have disagreed with the Number 10 policy line, ranging from accepting the Commission's sequencing of negotiations through to the language on Northern Ireland in the December Joint Report. At each stage I have accepted collective responsibility because it is part of my task to find workable compromises, and because I considered it was still possible to deliver on the mandate of the referendum, and on our manifesto commitment to leave the Customs Union and the Single Market. 'I am afraid that I think the current trend of policy and tactics is making that look less and less likely. Whether it is the progressive dilution of what I thought was a firm Chequers agreement in February on right to diverge, or the unnecessary delays of the start of the White Paper, or the presentation of a backstop proposal that omitted the strict conditions that I requested and believed that we had agreed, the general direction of policy will leave us in at best a weak negotiating position, and possibly an inescapable one. 'The Cabinet decision on Friday crystallised this problem. In my view the inevitable consequence of the proposed policies will be to make the supposed control by Parliament illusory rather than real. As I said at Cabinet, the 'common rule book' policy hands control of large swathes of our economy to the EU and is certainly not returning control of our laws in any real sense. 'I am also unpersuaded that our negotiating approach will not just lead to further demands for concessions. Of course this is a complex area of judgement and it is possible that you are right and I am wrong. However, even in that event it seems to me that the national interest requires a Secretary of State in my Department that is an enthusiastic believer in your approach, and not merely a reluctant conscript. While I have been grateful to you for the opportunity to serve, it is with great regret that I tender my resignation from the Cabinet with immediate effect. Yours ever David

There are even rumors that Boris Johnson may also resign.
Hopefully this will make Mrs May toughen her stance on Brexit, but i doubt it, she's clearly a remainer and taking Hammond's and the Civil Services side in the Brexit negotiations.

What a wet floppy fish Mrs May has been, she is the one who needs to resign.
If she doesn't Jeremy Corbyn will be Prime Minister at the next general election.
A very wet fish. Shame on them. No respect for the British electorate. We now need another Cromwell!

And the new BS = BS is DR

Dominic Raab appointed Brexit secretary in cabinet reshuffle

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Boris Johnson resigns as foreign secretary

www.msn.com...

This could be the end of TM. Too soft!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Surely a hard BREXIT is better then a FAKEXIT? If there is a SOFXIT then we have been had by the remainertraitors and the EU. The people will have been well and truly mugged!!! I think calling TM's plan a polished turd is putting it lightly!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Just a slight aside; Cromwell was a complete twat and the popular image of him being a man of the people is way off the mark.

He turned his back on the 'ordinary people' of this country and completely betrayed them.
He passionately opposed universal suffrage and believed that only wealthy land owners should be entitled to vote and enter Parliament.

He was a religious bigot who held no truck with people who were not of the same religious denomination as him.

He sold titles to the highest bidder and gained an absolute enormous amount of personal wealth and he waged a campaign so brutal in nature in Ireland that no-one with even a modicum of decency or compassion could condone.

edit on 9/7/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Just a slight aside; Cromwell was a complete twat and the popular image of him being a man of the people is way off the mark.

He turned his back on the 'ordinary people' of this country and completely betrayed them.
He passionately opposed universal suffrage and believed that only wealthy land owners should be entitled to vote and enter Parliament.

He was a religious bigot who held no truck with people who were not of the same religious denomination as him.
He sold titles to the highest bidder and gained an absolute enormous amount of personal wealth and he waged a campaign so brutal in nature in Ireland that no-one with even a modicum of decency or compassion could condone.

Not much changes then?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Theresa May clings on after Boris Johnson quits amid torrid day of Brexit conflict

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Not much changes then?

That struck a note!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Ouch!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Boris Johnson's resignation letter: Brexit 'dream is dying'

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Theresa May will publish 'most significant' Brexit document yet – as Tory rebels vow to defeat it

www.msn.com... j5?li=BBoPWjQ

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
In favour of EU no doubt!!!

Brexit deal is 80% agreed, EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier says

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Brexit plan agreed at Chequers is only 3 pages long so we don't have all the details until the white paper is published next week. Michel Barnier may have already been briefed on the full details though.

So if 80% of the Chequers Brexit plan is okay, that means it will be watered down even more, which would be unbelievable, considering the Chequers Brexit plan is already an ultra soft Brexit.

Which gets me onto my other point I wanted to make...

The Chequers Brexit plan is what our Brexit is going to look like (unless it gets rejected of course), and not a single mention of it on this site.

Here are some details from the Chequers Brexit plan you may want to know...

Parliament will oversee the UK's trade policy and have the ability to "choose" to diverge from the EU rules, "recognising that this would have consequences".

So basically if we don't adopt any new rules the EU creates (and there are a lot of them), then the EU would be liable for some compensation. I kid you not.

A "mobility framework" will be set up to allow UK and EU citizens to travel to each other's territories, and apply for study and work.

So basically continuing with free movement.

Notice there hasn't been much outrage in the media over the Chequers Brexit plan because like I said, this is going to be an ultra soft Brexit, and that is what the media/remainers want.

This is going to be a disaster!!!
But at least Nigel Farage will be back and I'll have someone I can proudly vote for.

BBC At-a-glance: The new UK Brexit plan agreed at Chequers

edit on 83016bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 12 Jul 2018 04:16:48 -05003118 by 83Liberty because: Added BBC source

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join