It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well it says in paper this morning we are paying 836 million in out of work benefits to EU Nationals! In my opinion if they have been here 6 months and not found work then ALL bemefits should stop. They can then go home or get a job.a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I've worked in many EU Countries over the years and I always had a job lined up and when I once did find myself out of work because of surgery I was back on my feet and back at work within 2 weeks because I couldnt afford not to be. We make it far too easy in this Country which is why everyone wants to come here. It needs to stop.a reply to: anxiouswens

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I've worked in many EU Countries over the years and I always had a job lined up and when I once did find myself out of work because of surgery I was back on my feet and back at work within 2 weeks because I couldnt afford not to be. We make it far too easy in this Country which is why everyone wants to come here. It needs to stop.a reply to: anxiouswens

Agree!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Key Questions:
Can we do what we want ? and can we control our own destiny ? and can we define and only be subject to our own laws ? Can we stop 600,000 a year immigrants to the UK? Can our streets be safer? Can we have more housing available for UK folk? Can we have enough school places? Will the NHS ques be shorter? Can we stop EU criminal gangs getting further established in the UK? if we remain in the EU.

If the answer to these questions is NO then it is only logical and common sense that we LEAVE the EU for the long term benefit of the people and stability of the country. And waste no more money on a huge EU club subscription.

Trade wont be problem and if agreements are needed I am sure that the EU countries will obliged because it is in their interest also to do!

Tory arguments are red herrings and the real motive is aristocratic/elite corp influence, power and greed!!
edit on 28-2-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I've just watched the Andrew Marr programme followed by

Andrew Neil, and the overall impression I got from the *Stay in*

campaigners with their whining of were safer in than out....Was

that we have already been in too long and the UK is now like

the battered/abused woman who has lost all her confidence and

self esteem and is too afraid to leave.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: anxiouswens

I've just watched the Andrew Marr programme followed by

Andrew Neil, and the overall impression I got from the *Stay in*

campaigners with their whining of were safer in than out....Was

that we have already been in too long and the UK is now like

the battered/abused woman who has lost all her confidence and

self esteem and is too afraid to leave.

Good analogy.

What happened to our British spirit and balls that now appear to have become petite pois.

The UK has everything to gain from LEAVING and nothing to lose and if there are short term blips they can be resolved by engaging with EU nations like before we joined the EU.

It should be fear of the known rather than fear of the opportunities of the unknown that should compel UK British folk to opt for LEAVING! Because when you remove constraints from one perspective then desirable improvements and realisation of objectives can be derived.

REMAINING means more central control and continued move towards further central domination and ultimately SWG/OWG/OGW.
edit on 28-2-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have always been a bit more free spirited and have burnt bridges many times in my life and took a leap into the dark to move on with my life, take control and see things with a fresh outlook. I have never lived to regret any of those decisions even though sometimes I was financially worse off and I have a wealth of life experience, memories in abundance and so many adventures to relay to my son.

My friends from school days have done the sensible route, mortgage, children, steady job but a lot now regret not having the adventures and memories that I have.

I feel those who want to stay in EU are very much like my friends, not necessarily happy with what they have got but scared of doing anything about it.

I on the other hand feel by leaving we can burn our bridges and though there will be insecurities and uncertainties for a while and yes even finances will be a bit tighter for a while but I think the future is bright and one day when my child is grown up he will look back and think I am so glad our Country took that leap and created something that made the UK great again!a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I have always been a bit more free spirited and have burnt bridges many times in my life and took a leap into the dark to move on with my life, take control and see things with a fresh outlook. I have never lived to regret any of those decisions even though sometimes I was financially worse off and I have a wealth of life experience, memories in abundance and so many adventures to relay to my son.

My friends from school days have done the sensible route, mortgage, children, steady job but a lot now regret not having the adventures and memories that I have.

I feel those who want to stay in EU are very much like my friends, not necessarily happy with what they have got but scared of doing anything about it.

I on the other hand feel by leaving we can burn our bridges and though there will be insecurities and uncertainties for a while and yes even finances will be a bit tighter for a while but I think the future is bright and one day when my child is grown up he will look back and think I am so glad our Country took that leap and created something that made the UK great again!a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I can relate with what you are saying. Done the same and continue to live that way!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

£55,000,000 per day to Brussels
Cheap labour from Eastern Europe with hardly any control
Benefit scroungers from all over the place

I'm all for foreign workers who come over and do jobs that cannot be filled by British workers, especially those that work for the NHS, but to take on an Eastern European because it is cheaper than employing a native? It has to stop, unemployment sucks in this country.

Opening up better trade with the rest of the world is also more appealing.

As a UKIP supporter, I don't need to tell you where my vote will be going.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

£55,000,000 per day to Brussels
Cheap labour from Eastern Europe with hardly any control
Benefit scroungers from all over the place

I'm all for foreign workers who come over and do jobs that cannot be filled by British workers, especially those that work for the NHS, but to take on an Eastern European because it is cheaper than employing a native? It has to stop, unemployment sucks in this country.

Opening up better trade with the rest of the world is also more appealing.

As a UKIP supporter, I don't need to tell you where my vote will be going.

Thank you for your contribution and vote. I agree with much of what you state.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
in response to the results so far on this ATS poll and the people saying that most people they speak to are saying out. I have just asked the question on my facebook account and out of the 32 people who replied only 3 said out. the debate is raging on as we speak.

I did not specify my veiws, as i am on the fence anyway and am going to take a look at both sides of the argument over the coming weeks to make an informed decision.

Interesting though how different the results are here on ATS and what i experienced on my post. Btw the people responding were from all different walks of life and ages ranged from 21 to 52 so it is quite representative so far of most people, although i understand its not the most scientific, it is still thought provoking.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: moosevernel

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens in June, especially after last years general election where the polls got it so wrong.
...I know a few people who are secretly voting 'leave' but in a public setting they are on the fence or keep quiet because they don't wish to be branded anti-immigrant bigots by the 'remain' crowd.
You know, that lame 'xenophobe' label when ones argument supporting 'remain' is so weak.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: moosevernel
in response to the results so far on this ATS poll and the people saying that most people they speak to are saying out. I have just asked the question on my facebook account and out of the 32 people who replied only 3 said out. the debate is raging on as we speak.

I did not specify my veiws, as i am on the fence anyway and am going to take a look at both sides of the argument over the coming weeks to make an informed decision.

Interesting though how different the results are here on ATS and what i experienced on my post. Btw the people responding were from all different walks of life and ages ranged from 21 to 52 so it is quite representative so far of most people, although i understand its not the most scientific, it is still thought provoking.
I think you will find that those voting on facebook are more likely to contribute if they are for REMAIN although they may not all be honest. And those opting for leave more likely to keep it to themselves. Also, a lot of LEAVE voters wont or don't even or have ever used facebook. Like myself who has never used facebook and I come from a computer science and engineering background.

Regardless it is interesting what you report. If not strange!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: moosevernel

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens in June, especially after last years general election where the polls got it so wrong.
...I know a few people who are secretly voting 'leave' but in a public setting they are on the fence or keep quiet because they don't wish to be branded anti-immigrant bigots by the 'remain' crowd.
You know, that lame 'xenophobe' label when ones argument supporting 'remain' is so weak.

On top of which the "FEAR FACTOR" blatently being peddled, the biblical doom

that started out as two years in the wilderness, is now being peddled as TEN

YEARS in the wilderness.

With the immigrant situation, which is a massive problem growing by the day,

with Greece's economy, not to mention others not far behind.

What the EU is doing is trying to stop the UK from leaving the sinking ship.

I have read some where the EU has taken off their agenda (for the time being)

their latest bit of meddling bureaucracy of banning fast boiling electric

kettles? till a later date. This is set to join the already forced on us low power

light bulbs, vaccume cleaners, hair dryers ........

edit on 29-2-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yes I read that. Also France seems to be now dealing with the Calais situation, is that because they have been told to to keep us Brits happy? Nothing will stop me voting Leave. I thinka lot of Brits are a lot more wide awake than the powersthat be think we are, if this is a ploy to persuade Brits to remain I think they will fail miserably, we csn see beyond the charade!a reply to: eletheia

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It is weird to see people are apprehensive about discussing leaving in public. I get that there is a contingent that is xenophobic and votes based along those lines but there are so many other valid reasons to get out that are being ignored. Strange times, I hope there are enough people out there that are politically astute enough to not let others make a choice for them.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
It is weird to see people are apprehensive about discussing leaving in public. I get that there is a contingent that is xenophobic and votes based along those lines but there are so many other valid reasons to get out that are being ignored. Strange times, I hope there are enough people out there that are politically astute enough to not let others make a choice for them.

I get the feeling that for a long time now the Brits been complacent and

apathetic, and jogged along blaming every successive government.

Only recently waking up to the fact,and realising that we are trussed up in

a bloated idealological system which is determined to grow for the benefit

of those at the top ... at the expense of the 'people'.

Whilst it is not nice to be called names such as 'racist' or 'bigot' I have

hardened up and now don't give a dam. I like to think I am a realist if a

situation doesn't work it wont work .... whatever colour, race, or religion

you are.

Nobel prize for anyone who can fit a gallon into a pint pot.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

I get the feeling that for a long time now the Brits been complacent and

apathetic, and jogged along blaming every successive government.

Only recently waking up to the fact,and realising that we are trussed up in

a bloated idealological system which is determined to grow for the benefit

of those at the top ... at the expense of the 'people'.

Whilst it is not nice to be called names such as 'racist' or 'bigot' I have

hardened up and now don't give a dam. I like to think I am a realist if a

situation doesn't work it wont work .... whatever colour, race, or religion

you are.

Nobel prize for anyone who can fit a gallon into a pint pot.

Concur! Lets hope that the British people see the fear mongering for what it is. A smoke screen motive for REMAINING in the EU when we know the real reason is greed for the few and to hell with the multifaceted negative impact on the many and less affluent!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well if events at Macedonia and Calais today are anything to go by I think there are going to be real problems in Europe before June 23rd. I bet Cameron has been cursing migrants today for kicking off far too soon. I think he chose June thinking things wouldnt start hotting up until after June. With a bit of luck EU will start disintegrate before the referendum or at least it will make the undecided vote to leave a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Last week David Cameron solicited business men to sign a letter which

was meant to convince any doubters of his contention that The UK was

*safer and stronger* within the EU. There were just over 30 business

men from the FSI business's of a total of 100 signed the letter .... .. a

paltry 30%.

He also had some top brass military men sign a letter to the same effect

of *safer and stronger* within the EU.( ooh the fear factor again)

Today I came across an article by a Major General Julian Thomson who

has served 30 plus years in the Royal Marines who disagrees with David

Cameron's fear mongering. Interesting reading from the opposite

viewpoint!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join