It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Brexit: Northern Irish legal challenge to referendum to involve Attorney General

www.msn.com...

Say good bye to NI.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker7
a reply to: audubon

I acknowledge  what you say. A scary story, maybe. One of many to come? Maybe.

But over the past week, this seems to be making some ground.

THE TIMES

EXPRESS

TIMES OF MALTA

Before the referendum, the federalists could never of achieved it. Article 42 of Lisbon wouldn't allow it. As per,the decision for such a move required a unanimous vote. Never was going to happen with Britain in the mix.

The PM ($Britian") has made it clear- not just to the Country, but also to the Continent- we"re off.

So Europe has to find positives in our imminent departure. One of which seems to be that those who wish to bolster members even closer together, and gain further power, prestige and a step closer to their United States Euro clone, can now push ahead with the missing pieces of their Superstate unfettered.

They've got their centralised; Parliment (Executive),  Commission (Legislative), Court (Judicial), currency.
All that's missing is a united Army- which, as I said, federalists have wanted for years but Britain stood in the way of.

From current news, it seems to be now openly talked about AND in favourable terms.
Here Here! The EU knows that when UK BREXITS its the end of the end for them!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There are five camps forming after Brexit – which one are you in?

www.msn.com...

I'm in the Triumphant Brexiteers camp. You?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: UKTruth
Theresa May has just said there will be 'no back door attempts to remain in the Eu' and there will no second referendum.

No possibility for staying in the Eu

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of libitards suddenly cried out in terror, and were silenced.
Check out the latest news and indicate which camp you are now in?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Theresa May has just said there will be 'no back door attempts to remain in the Eu' and there will no second referendum.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of libitards suddenly cried out in terror, and were silenced.

Globalism beginning to crumble.
The EU is crumbling beneath their feet. Check out the latest news and indicate which camp you are now in?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I am thinking that May is actually playing a blinder here by putting the most senior Brexiteers in charge of negotiations. It really is a case of chickens coming home to roost and will make or break quite a few heavyweight political careers. She has, in effect, given Bojo et al a chance to either make good on their promises or end their senior political careers forever. For example, if they pull it off and all goes well, then Bojo will be PM at some point in future. If, on the other hand, they completely cock it up and the Remainers predictions come true, no one will ever take him seriously again.

I firmly believe Johnson got far more than he bargained for with this result. My view is that he campaigned not particularly because he wished to leave necessarily, more to further his own career. The sort of statements he has made over the last year or so back that view up.

Regardless of the outcome though, don't expect things to move quickly. That will not benefit us in the slightest as we need to carefully unpick existing legislation - otherwise it will bite us on the ar£!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

Indeed.......

RA
Like a mini quake in the political landscape. Check out the latest news and indicate which camp you are now in?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: slider1982
As a nation we should now stack the shelves and get the shop window ready, however in true EU fashion there is some obscure law under article number blah blah blah section 5 that states we cannot sign any trade deals until after we are "officially" out of this this crap, oh well the day we are away from this cluster f#ck get the pens out and start writing..
RA

Typical moronic statement from a Brexiter. Of course you have to officially leave before you can re-negotiate it would pointless otherwise. You could just turn around and say "can't get a deal we want so we aren't going to leave". Leaving is not about the incredibly narrow minded self centred only the UK matters mindset. It is about ensuring all the other countries still in the Union don't get shafted. Hence the 2 year negotiation AFTER you officially state your intention to leave (triggering article 50).

FYI : 2 years is not a fixed term. It is a maximum default term by which time whatever deal has been struck , or not, the EU can wave goodbye. It can be extended if the European Parliament votes to extend the period the UK has no say. And there is article 283......oh dear. That article covers the negotiating team. It states that the negotating team can have the negotiation period reduced by a vote of the EU Parliament.

Basically 2 years is a default without any EU vote. If the EU votes then it could be whatever period the EU chooses!
BREXIT will be easier than most think. You cant stop a determined horse from jumping the average fence. Check out the latest news and indicate which camp you are now in?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
British holidaymakers could be forced to pay to travel to Europe, Home Secretary admits
www.msn.com...

It getting pathetic now....

Well Europe is not the *world* we shall just have to travel further, there

are many more interesting places worth exploring.
Our trade with the rest of the world has been somewhat curtailed due to EU membership and rules. Check out the latest news and indicate which camp you are now in?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: teapot
Perhaps the unelected new PM either genuinely supports democracy

Why bother to mention "unelected"? We don't "elect" P.M.s in this country, never have done.
She got into office, like all the other Prime Ministers in British history, by being able to command a majority of M.P.'s in the House of Commons, and THOSE are the people we elect.
The question i how long will she last an will she take the Tories into the next GE? And will she call and early one me thinks?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
It seems Theresa May is stalling triggering article 50 until her advisers/analysts etc tell her to do so.
Basically, they will trigger article 50 when it best suits the Conservative party.

How long should it take to put a team in place and decide what you want from the negotiations?!
well she has asked her cabinet for a blueprint for BREXT. The more and more I hear the more I am convinced she is really a BREXITER in disguise.
Although TM said she was for remain she gave little support of made little contribution to the IN mob!

www.msn.com... BBoPRmx
Now he just asked Boris for the strategy like she dont have a clue. Check out the latest news and indicate which camp you are now in?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

It seems Theresa May is stalling triggering article 50 until her advisers/analysts etc tell her to do so.
Basically, they will trigger article 50 when it best suits the Conservative party.

How long should it take to put a team in place and decide what you want from the negotiations?!
well she has asked her cabinet for a blueprint for BREXT. The more and more I hear the more I am convinced she is really a BREXITER in disguise.
Although TM said she was for remain she gave little support of made little contribution to the IN mob!

Today's News >>>>>

Bomb shell disclosures made in a new book by Sir Craig Oliver, Downing Street's

director of communications reveals Theresa May failed to support Cameron on 13

separate occasions.

May rushed out a statement offering modest support when a gun was held to her

head, (metaphorically speaking) and then went back to stone walling.

Oliver offers grudging respect of her saying "in terms of pure politics she played

it well ... having her cake and eating it!"

Personally I think she played a blinder and out foxed the *Bullington Boys*

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Books accuse May of leaving Cameron to fight Brexit campaign alone

www.msn.com...

So Im not the only one who thinks TM was a secret BREXITEER.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Did Henry VIII's Tudor 'Brexit' lead to England's trading glory, or a century of depression?

www.msn.com...

Is there nothing that remainiacs wont refer to in order to scare or worry the nation about BREXIT. This example however is like comparing dates with pineapples and only goes to re-affirm my conviction that BREXIT secures a more longer term prosperity for our nation.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
According to a KPMG survey, 73% UK CEO's are confident there will be growth resulting from BREXIT!

I guess this is because we will enter new markets without any EU restrictions on who we can trade with and what we can trade.

Other industries will also be positively impacted like fishing etc

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
LINK .... But I think you have to subscribe to read full content

www.ft.com...

Briefly ...

One of Germany's most prominent businessmen has said Brexit will be more painful

for the rest of Europe than for the UK, and a UK outside of the EU might prove

*highly attractive* to foreign investors.

Mathius Dopfner chief executive of Axel Springer, one of Europe's largest media

companies said he saw the UK moving toward a more 'free market' while Europe is

transforming into a 'transfer union' with funds being channeled from successful

states to the struggling ones and "that can put a lot of investors off"

He went on to say the UK would be able to implement a very healthy immigration

policy, that invites people that they will benefit from, and not those who will

live off the social welfare system. Meanwhile the EU will suffer because it will

loose the UK's *healthy influence and pragmatism.*

Here's to a speedy Brexit

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

LINK .... But I think you have to subscribe to read full content

www.ft.com...

Briefly ...

One of Germany's most prominent businessmen has said Brexit will be more painful

for the rest of Europe than for the UK, and a UK outside of the EU might prove

*highly attractive* to foreign investors.

Mathius Dopfner chief executive of Axel Springer, one of Europe's largest media

companies said he saw the UK moving toward a more 'free market' while Europe is

transforming into a 'transfer union' with funds being channeled from successful

states to the struggling ones and "that can put a lot of investors off"

He went on to say the UK would be able to implement a very healthy immigration

policy, that invites people that they will benefit from, and not those who will

live off the social welfare system. Meanwhile the EU will suffer because it will

loose the UK's *healthy influence and pragmatism.*

Here's to a speedy Brexit
That makes sense. A shackled UK is going to be less attractive than a free self determining UK!

The early signs are looking positive for longer term growth and benefit.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I am thinking that May is actually playing a blinder here by putting the most senior Brexiteers in charge of negotiations. It really is a case of chickens coming home to roost and will make or break quite a few heavyweight political careers. She has, in effect, given Bojo et al a chance to either make good on their promises or end their senior political careers forever. For example, if they pull it off and all goes well, then Bojo will be PM at some point in future. If, on the other hand, they completely cock it up and the Remainers predictions come true, no one will ever take him seriously again.

I firmly believe Johnson got far more than he bargained for with this result. My view is that he campaigned not particularly because he wished to leave necessarily, more to further his own career. The sort of statements he has made over the last year or so back that view up.

Regardless of the outcome though, don't expect things to move quickly. That will not benefit us in the slightest as we need to carefully unpick existing legislation - otherwise it will bite us on the ar£!

Hi chief,

I would say exactly the same camp. Reading that (above) back, i was pretty spot on! Johnson has been revealed to have only taken on the Leave Campaign because he thought it would fail and he would further his career rather than because he believed in it - and there are text messages to Cameron to back that up.

Frankly, now Dave has left and feels betrayed, i would further wager there are quite a few senior Brexiteering Tories hoping tha further info doesn't get revealed!

In economic terms, so far things are actually pretty good. However, before anyone celebrates too early, no serious economists actually think we will feel any effects until we actually start on the Brexit process. That is not to say it won't run smoothly, more that at this stage we can't really make any forecasts either way other than to say changes will occur when the process starts formally.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hi chief,

I would say exactly the same camp. Reading that (above) back, i was pretty spot on! Johnson has been revealed to have only taken on the Leave Campaign because he thought it would fail and he would further his career rather than because he believed in it - and there are text messages to Cameron to back that up.

Frankly, now Dave has left and feels betrayed, i would further wager there are quite a few senior Brexiteering Tories hoping tha further info doesn't get revealed!

In economic terms, so far things are actually pretty good. However, before anyone celebrates too early, no serious economists actually think we will feel any effects until we actually start on the Brexit process. That is not to say it won't run smoothly, more that at this stage we can't really make any forecasts either way other than to say changes will occur when the process starts formally.

No problem comrade. You make a few fair comments. However, I don't think we have heard the last of the Borisinator. In fact I thing he will be the PM that takes the Tories into the next GE unless TM calls an early GE and I suspect she might!

Its all very interesting. I mean the Labour party voted remain, the labour voter voted leave and cameron got shafted by TM, the rotty wants another refo for scotty. The labour party are history and will and can never be re-elected so is that the end of them. I voted labour all my life but I am anti Corby, big time. Farage has made a smart move. He wants to terrorise the EU until BREXIT.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
PM urged to speed up Brexit by ex-ministers

www.msn.com...

Time t get a move on me thinks. The sooner we are out the sooner we benefit!

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join