It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
British holidaymakers could be forced to pay to travel to Europe, Home Secretary admits
www.msn.com...

It getting pathetic now....

Well Europe is not the *world* we shall just have to travel further, there

are many more interesting places worth exploring.

edit on 12-9-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
British holidaymakers could be forced to pay to travel to Europe, Home Secretary admits
www.msn.com...

It getting pathetic now....

Well Europe is not the *world* we shall just have to travel further, there

are many more interesting places worth exploring.

More scaremongering, personally I have very little interest now in Europe apart from maybe Majorca as it is decent in the winter for cycling..

All that will happen is the airlines will need to offer better deals to compensate??. Also quite why the UK population will need to pay £50 is beyond me??, what is the money used for, passport stamps???, hair cuts for unelected officials on their gravy train...

F#ck the EU off, all the cities their now are more or less the bloody same anyway thanks to EU regulation blah blah and what construction can take place etc..

London is the by far the best city in Europe for a tourist by a country mile. Just make the people coming here pay a £100 for a visa to then subsidize UK passport travel abroad, there sorted, f#ck you EU....

Sometimes my logic scares me.....

RA

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
British expats may need permits to live in Europe after Brexit

www.msn.com...

This wont happen because will mean an economic hot for EU member countries.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

All that will happen is the airlines will need to offer better deals to compensate??. Also quite why the UK population will need to pay £50 is beyond me??, what is the money used for, passport stamps???, hair cuts for unelected officials on their gravy train...

And who will fill the gap left by the lack of the British tourist?

F#ck the EU off, all the cities their now are more or less the bloody same anyway thanks to EU regulation blah blah and what construction can take place etc..

The difference of the various countries was part of my children's education

when going on holiday they received an envelope each of spending money

written on the envelope was the exchange rate for lira's, peseta's, dinar's,

etc. and they learnt the values, and what they could afford or not!!

London is the by far the best city in Europe for a tourist by a country mile. Just make the people coming here pay a £100 for a visa to then subsidize UK passport travel abroad, there sorted, f#ck you EU....

London is jam packed with tourist attractions many steeped in history

Sometimes my logic scares me.....

RA

Your logic is terrifing

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And who will fill the gap left by the lack of the British tourist?

I think Europe will survive, since the 'blow' will be diffused between the nations who comprise the tourist market for UK travellers, each taking a small hit rather than the whole impact. What's more of a worry is the depressant effect on tourism from the EU to the UK, where the blow will not be diffused at all.

Did you know that, every year, incoming tourism generates more income and revenue for the UK than the City of London does over the same period? Losing even half of that due to tighter border controls would be near-disastrous.

edit on 13-9-2016 by audubon because: Used one word, then realised another word would have been clearer

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

I think Europe will survive, since the 'blow' will be diffused between the nations who comprise the tourist market for UK travellers, each taking a small hit rather than the whole impact.

The state of the economies in Greece, Italy and Portugal have been kept under

wraps while the Brexit was going on, its bound to implode in the near future!

What's more of a worry is the depressant effect on tourism from the EU to the UK, where the blow will not be diffused at all.

Germany and France have been the biggest tourist area from the EU to the UK

I doubt Brexit will make much change there.

However the world is a BIG place and the UK will just have to accommodate

# The USA

# Australia

# New Zealand

# Canada

# Japan

# Saudi

# Switzerland (who has withdrawn its application to join the EU)

# The Netherlands ( who want an in/out referendum)

# China
www.theguardian.com...

Did you know that, every year, incoming tourism generates more income and revenue for the UK than the City of London does over the same period? Losing even half of that due to tighter border controls would be near-disastrous.

Border control in the UK is to control immigration and refugees not

to prevent tourism.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Border control in the UK is to control immigration and refugees not to prevent tourism.

I think there's a linguistic confusion here. I wasn't referring to the UK Border Agency, usually referred to as 'Border Control' (now known as Border Force), which does aim to control immigration and asylum seekers, but to the concept of controlling one's borders in general, with particular reference to the end of freedom of movement between EU nations.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
EU officials 'believe Britain will give up on Brexit if they make negotiations tough enough'

www.msn.com...< br />

Do we really want to be part of a failed project that would subject the UK to this. Me thinks not and F..ck them!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
EU is at critical point, says Angela Merkel

In the Guardian of all places....
www.theguardian.com...

I love the top rated comment...

Britain is consistently told how offensively wrong we are yet this meeting seems to prove the opposite. I voted IN but a part of me is becoming increasingly relieved.

This is looking more and more like the correct decision by the day.
Unfortunately there will always be some remoaners/remainiacs around.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

'Remainiacs', love it!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
EU is at critical point, says Angela Merkel

In the Guardian of all places....
www.theguardian.com...

I love the top rated comment...

Britain is consistently told how offensively wrong we are yet this meeting seems to prove the opposite. I voted IN but a part of me is becoming increasingly relieved.

This is looking more and more like the correct decision by the day.
Unfortunately there will always be some remoaners/remainiacs around.
Told all of you a long time ago that in the long term UK will benefit as will its CITIZENS!! We will BREXIT and then sit back and watch the EU failed project finally collapse!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Theresa May faces rebellion as Tory MPs launch new 'hard Brexit' campaign

www.msn.com...

No surprise this is now happening.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Brexit: Areas that backed leaving EU starved of Government support, new report claims

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Theresa May to decide over Brexit talks, No 10 says after Boris begins setting out strategy

www.msn.com...< br />
ASAP Boris please - lets get the hell out before the collapse..

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Wow! Looks like we got it right after all and it really is time to "Brexit"....

It was always referred to as scare-mongering/ EU-Haters' paranoia/ "will NEVER happen" they've always claimed  (MSM, the Government of the day & Brussels).....

BUT....

Over the past week, Juncker et Co. have been on about what has been always denied would happen....

AN EU ARMY!!!

And they do mean it. For real. Well....who'd-a-thought?

Just what a collective with totall different NATIONAL Foreign Policies needs. Not to mention Euro far-right sentiment on the rise and East Euro states bordering Russia! Add Russia''s apparent provocitive infringement's into European stayes airspace such as Sweden's.......

Stupid, scary, dangerous.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker7

It was always referred to as scare-mongering/ EU-Haters' paranoia/ "will NEVER happen" they've always claimed  (MSM, the Government of the day & Brussels).....

BUT....

Over the past week, Juncker et Co. have been on about what has been always denied would happen....

AN EU ARMY!!!

Just what a collective with totall different NATIONAL Foreign Policies needs. Not to mention Euro far-right sentiment on the rise and East Euro states bordering Russia! Add Russia''s apparent provocitive infringement's into European stayes airspace such as Sweden's.......

Wonder if Merkel's objective was really to conscript all those *healthy male immigrants*

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The EU army scare-story has been on the cards for over a year. That is, it's a real story, but one that the UK's right-wing press is only playing up now, in order to retroactively 'justify' the Brexit vote. It is not some terrible and sinister secret that has only just been revealed.

The pro-Brexit press are saying: "This is what we narrowly avoided!"

In fact, they could have reported it at any stage before now. But the thing is that it's not as incredibly dramatic as it seems. It's a proposal to create a sort of mini-NATO joint taskforce, and let's be honest NATO doesn't give anyone bad dreams, does it.

There are going to be a lot of weird Brexit stories until the negotiations start, because everything is up for grabs. The recent silliness over bringing back Imperial measurements and the Royal Yacht Britannia should be enough to remind anyone to take a healthy dose of salt with all EU-related stories until further notice.
edit on 23-9-2016 by audubon because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
The EU army scare-story has been on the cards for over a year. That is, it's a real story, but one that the UK's right-wing press is only playing up now, in order to retroactively 'justify' the Brexit vote. It is not some terrible and sinister secret that has only just been revealed.

The pro-Brexit press are saying: "This is what we narrowly avoided!"

In fact, they could have reported it at any stage before now. But the thing is that it's not as incredibly dramatic as it seems. It's a proposal to create a sort of mini-NATO joint taskforce, and let's be honest NATO doesn't give anyone bad dreams, does it.

There are going to be a lot of weird Brexit stories until the negotiations start, because everything is up for grabs. The recent silliness over bringing back Imperial measurements and the Royal Yacht Britannia should be enough to remind anyone to take a healthy dose of salt with all EU-related stories until further notice.
can't help but agree with you. Get used to the BS and distractions/disinfo's etc until we have BREXITED!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker7

BUT....

AN EU ARMY!!!

Wonder if Merkel's objective was really to conscript all those *healthy male immigrants*

I'm sure she is having her own regrets over the refugees etc right now. And also pissed that Germany will have to pickup 25% of UK's current contrib. It won't be long before the french start to wobble on the EU club.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I acknowledge  what you say. A scary story, maybe. One of many to come? Maybe.

But over the past week, this seems to be making some ground.

THE TIMES

EXPRESS

TIMES OF MALTA

Before the referendum, the federalists could never of achieved it. Article 42 of Lisbon wouldn't allow it. As per,the decision for such a move required a unanimous vote. Never was going to happen with Britain in the mix.

The PM ($Britian") has made it clear- not just to the Country, but also to the Continent- we"re off.

So Europe has to find positives in our imminent departure. One of which seems to be that those who wish to bolster members even closer together, and gain further power, prestige and a step closer to their United States Euro clone, can now push ahead with the missing pieces of their Superstate unfettered.

They've got their centralised; Parliment (Executive),  Commission (Legislative), Court (Judicial), currency.
All that's missing is a united Army- which, as I said, federalists have wanted for years but Britain stood in the way of.

From current news, it seems to be now openly talked about AND in favourable terms.

edit on 23/9/2016 by Seeker7 because: To fix a URL

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join