It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Boris Johnson: I'm Not Running For Leadership

www.msn.com...

This is a very clever move on the part of Boris and as such it will leave him in the background waiting for the Tory party to later ask him to take the job. He knows full well that bringing the Tory party together at this time is an impossible tasks so he is preferring to let the squabbling happen and then take the job before the next election!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I sort of got the impression that Corbyn got a poisoned chalice when he was voted to lead the Labour Party.

The really smart politicians understand that timing is key.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

I sort of got the impression that Corbyn got a poisoned chalice when he was voted to lead the Labour Party.

He has the backing of his party members. He should tell the MP's to go and f**k themselves. MP's should keep their mouths firmly shut and get on with the business of doing the bidding of the people they serve.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If only they would

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He has the backing of his party members. He should tell the MP's to go and f**k themselves. MP's should keep their mouths firmly shut and get on with the business of doing the bidding of the people they serve.

That's always been the problem of Nu Labour Mp's.

They never bothered listening to what the people wanted. Just want unilateral decisions on what they think is best.
edit on 30-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Correct as will the next Tory Leader. Now is not the time for Boris! He has BREXIT in the bank and I think that will almost guarantee him the job later when the dust settles! Some portray him as a clown but he is clever and shrewd!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That's always been the problem of Nu Labour Mp's.

They never bothered listening to what the people wanted. Just want unilateral decisions on what they think is best.
True. I think the lady who did the TV EU BREXIT debates for leave would be good.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Still awaiting the announcement of a BREXIT Transition Team and Head Honcho for that. If we ever do.
It needs the right people to exit quickly with the best deal.
Hope they don't appoint some real clowns with no balls!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

True. I think the lady who did the TV EU BREXIT debates for leave would be good.

I agree with that, Andrea Leadsome is her name and she was dignified and

eloquent, while getting her point over. She has put her hat in the ring - but

the *media* are only concentrating on pushing the three Johnson, Gove and

May.

Personally I don't think Teresa May should get it .... she was noticable by her

absence in all the debates and kept a very low profile (rather in the same manner

as Jeremy Corbyn) She did nothing toward Brexit, in fact was she even

for *leave*

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

As indicated earlier but I couldn't find source.

Scottish leader’s plea to stay in Europe rebuffed in Brussels

www.msn.com...

Outch Scotty Rotty Nicola! Better remain part of something now!

Consensus here is that we have to get independence first and then we can rejoin EU.

#Indyref2 next

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Outrageous spin going on right now in the media. The Mirror claiming that Boris 'betrayed the country'. can't see how considering 52% of the country were with him. Perhaps only those that take their marching orders from Brussels count as 'our country' in the eyes of the dishonest media.

All this spin is an effort to soften the blow of a second referendum I believe. There are no signs at all that we will be leaving the EU.
edit on 30/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There will be no 2nd referendum and all the efforts of those who dream of one are futile. We are a democracy and its home. Civil war or something close would be a risk!
We are OUT!!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I agree with that, Andrea Leadsome is her name and she was dignified and

eloquent, while getting her point over. She has put her hat in the ring - but

the *media* are only concentrating on pushing the three Johnson, Gove and

May.

Personally I don't think Teresa May should get it .... she was noticable by her

absence in all the debates and kept a very low profile (rather in the same manner

as Jeremy Corbyn) She did nothing toward Brexit, in fact was she even

for *leave*
Cold Snake in the Tory grass comes to mind! Ruthless in heart and mind my guess. Leadsome would be a good choice. Whatever happens now, the Borisinator is the PM that will lead the Topries into the next election!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin

As indicated earlier but I couldn't find source.

Scottish leader’s plea to stay in Europe rebuffed in Brussels

www.msn.com...

Outch Scotty Rotty Nicola! Better remain part of something now!

Consensus here is that we have to get independence first and then we can rejoin EU.

#Indyref2 next

Scotland won't vote yes for independence. No EU or UK - would be crazy. Yes, Scotland could then try to get back in the EU (and would succeed of course). but at what cost... the Euro, an EU army... Just look at what the EU did to Ireland and it should make you shudder.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Scotland won't vote yes for independence. No EU or UK - would be crazy. Yes, Scotland could then try to get back in the EU (and would succeed of course). but at what cost... the Euro, an EU army... Just look at what the EU did to Ireland and it should make you shudder.

The EU's on the way out anyway! There are many elections next year and i

saw (I think it was a Netherlands MP their names are so hard to remember)

being interviewed and he said that they would have a *Nexit* then.

The start of many i would guess.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The UK indicates its intention to begin a good cop, bad cop clown show game with the EU. A whole new paradigm of imbecility should be defined for this Lord ...

metro.co.uk...

meanwhile another very suspicious terrorist event took place in Bangladesh yesterday evening!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Some points from an article i read today .... could say green shoots

]At midday yesterday the FTSE 100 of leading shares stood at 3.7%
higher than it did at the close on 23rd June (referendum day) and markets
were geared up to a *remain* vote.
What is remarkable about this is, that for weeks before June 23rd, CEO's
and Heads of 51, FTSE companies which make up the index had warned us
of uncertainty, less trade, fewer jobs, and economic Armegedon on the
return of a *leave* vote??

Barclays Bank warned of a loss in investment....Yet this week chairman
John Mcfarlane put paid to the suggestion that Barclays would move jobs
abroad,

HSBC had warned that 1,000 jobs could move to Paris ....However
chairman Douglas Flint confirmed London would remain the *World
Financial Center*

Investors are not seeing a UK collapsing as a result of leaving the EU.

So Britain IS as strong as the *Brexiteers* believe

UK firms will find it easier to export their goods and services due to
a lower pound.The economy will get a boost from lower exchange rates
combined with lower interest rates.

Over the past week EU leaders have issued threat after threat warning us
that "we will be frozen out of the single market" - YET it is Europe's other
stock markets which have suffered over the past week. The German DAX
and the French CAC40 index are both down 5%.

German industrialists have had to plead with their government to tone
down its threatening rhetoric to the UK.
Trade commissioner Cecillia Malmstrom told the UK that we could not
start negotiating a trade deal with the EU until we had left and that we
would face tariffs in the mean time.

*Article 50 states that a departing country negotiates and then leaves*
....She should be sacked for trying to undermine confidence in the markets.

What the UK government should be doing now is to start negotiating trade
deals with China the US and Japan - the three largest economies - with who
the EU has consistantly failed to deliver free trade arrangements.

edit on 2-7-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Brexiteer Leadsom 'Changed Her Mind' Over EU

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Is this Project Fear again ?

If Scots want to get their country back why shouldn't they ?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
From Vote Leave Team

WE TOOK BACK CONTROL!

Last week you changed the course of history. Vote Leave took on almost every force with power and money and we won. Britain chose to Vote Leave.

This victory would not have happened without your amazing help and generosity. Thousands of you donated. Thousands of you volunteered. Thousands of you spoke to friends and family on our behalf to spread the message. THANK YOU!

In just ten months we built from scratch an unprecedented national movement that took our campaign to every corner of the country. We got to places that ‘politics as usual’ ignored. People who have been ignored, and have never been involved in politics before, suddenly spoke out and took action.

In 2008, the worst financial crisis since 1929 hit the world. The people who paid the bills were mainly those on P.A.Y.E. They are still paying. They are also paying the bills for the EU’s and the euro’s dysfunction. Meanwhile many with power and money who were responsible for the mistakes and were completely wrong in their predictions dodged their fair share of the bills and got rich out of the EU system. We spoke for those on P.A.Y.E.

We did new things. Nobody in the UK has ever successfully built a web-based electoral database. Companies have spent millions and failed. We did it in a few months and succeeded. The combination of this database, our digital communication effort and our ground campaign broke new ground for political campaigns. This database product is worth a lot of money. We will shortly put the code online so that everyone can use it for free in the future (keep an eye on Github if interested). Hopefully it will help other campaigns give the public a powerful voice as we have. We’ve shown political parties how they can change and stop ignoring large parts of the country.

Why is this important? The British political system is broken in many ways and needs big changes - the EU is not our only problem. Our campaign was never controlled by any party though there were great people from all parties who helped us. All the parties have very deep problems. The way they are structured incentivises MPs to focus on themselves and their party - not the public interest.

It is important that the Conservative leadership candidates accept that the vote must be respected. Both the leading IN candidate (Theresa May) and the leading OUT candidate (Michael Gove) have made clear that if they win they will respect the vote and deliver a new UK-EU deal. This could mean, among other things, democratic control of immigration policy. This could marginalise extremists and allow a fair, sensible, and humane new policy. It could mean new trade deals and new jobs. It could mean more money for health, education, and science.

But we cannot be sure it will happen. In particular, while there are many wonderful civil servants there are also many who regard our victory as a disaster. They will try to stop or minimise changes. Not all the candidates in the Conservative leadership campaign have shown an ability to deliver big changes in the face of civil service opposition. Many in Labour are in complete denial about the real state of opinion and the real problems of the EU. Few MPs have the skills needed to manage normal government departments - never mind the EU negotiation and complex problems that implementing the referendum result require. Many MPs are desperate to ignore any lessons from the referendum and go back to politics as usual. The situation is very worrying.

Westminster cannot be relied upon. Taking back control to Britain is just the first step. The next step should be major political changes in Britain so that the broken Westminster and Whitehall system has to focus on the public interest in a way it does not now. If we increase the power of MPs and officials without changing how they behave, we will not solve our problems. We need organisations like Vote Leave to operate permanently to give a voice to those who otherwise won’t be heard.

This campaign did not win because of support in Westminster - it won because of support in the country that has forced Westminster to listen. But three MPs in particular worked closely together and helped us win: Michael Gove (Conservative), Boris Johnson (Conservative), and Gisela Stuart (Labour) who was also a wonderful Chair. We want to thank all three of them too. They put their careers and reputations on the line. THANK YOU Boris, Gisela, and Michael. Thank you too to other MPs of all parties who helped, such as Anne-Marie Trevelyan and Graham Stringer.

It’s been a privilege to have your support throughout this campaign. Your dedication brought victory.

On behalf of the team here at Vote Leave, and on behalf of the public, THANK YOU - and goodbye.

Best wishes

The Vote Leave HQ

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join