It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tall beings from Draguignan - Encounters of the third kind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hello ATS, today I bring to you another case which I did not find in here. Most of the information is in French and English. I will be making one summary with the help of a Spanish and English source, post a few pictures of the case and link the sources so you can read the entire information with more details. The sources will be at the end as always.

Date: 19/10/1973.
Hour: 8:30 P.M.
Witnesses: Gabriel Demogue, Georges Macret, Christian Bensa and Alain Lecat.

After Gabriel Demogue and his girlfriend saw an orange-yellow sphere of light disappear near a peak in this mountainous area, the young man decided to investigate. He and three friends (Georges Macret, Christian Bensa and Alain Lecat) went back in two cars. Georges Macret and Christian Bensa used the car Fiat 128 and Alain Lecat and Gabriel Demogue used the car R8.

Upon reaching the top of the mountain they found nothing and decided to go downhill back home. Suddenly, in the middle of the way back they beging to see a light that emitted a strange noise (like if someone were looking for a dial on the radio) Gabriel begins to feel a burning sensation throughout the body and his friends as well but with less intensity (radiation maybe?).

In addition to the white light, they also saw a red light beneath it, the stones of the road seemed to be jumping allegedly by some kind of radiation. Out of the cars and afraid the boys hided behind a small wall and Alain Lecat behind a bank.

After they saw the red light they saw a being of almost 3 meters in height (10 feet tall) that was a few meters alongside the car the being seemed to be crouching to pick something up and that red light they were seeing at the waist of being trailed off, when the being stopped crouching the light turned on again.

- The first appearance of the being. Behind the being is the white glow.

The R8 begins to shake violently, someone or something was moving it and they panicked, opting to flee in terror from the place they hided farther behind some bushes and when they thought that everything calmed down (they no longer saw any lights, no longer they heard anything) they went out to the car to drive and go home.

When Gabriel Demogue grabbed the handle to open the R8 they saw suddenly a ray of bright white light that seemed to come from a considerable height, the group panicked and throwed to the ground, everything became dark again.

When they thought everything calmed again they headed back to the car, one car started quickly but the other one did not but as they were downhill they pushed and tried to turn it on and at the third attempt it started and the R8 car left the scene.

- Drawing of the observation site, near the orientation table, showing the position of the R8 before departure.

When they turned on the lights of the other car there were three beings of almost 3 meters in height (10 feet tall) around the car in a threatening pose, one of the guys stuck his head out off the window and cried out if they were good or bad, unanswered. The beings apparently communicated through whistles.

- The driver of the car cried out: "Are you good, or are you bad?".

- More information about the place.

Meanwhile in the Fiat car they were not going too well because the boys came to watch two gigantic robotic red legs crossing the road, the car turned off and suddenly came alive, the steering wheel turned on its own and the driver could not do anything.

When the car stopped spinning, they saw throughout the light 3 beings with square helmets having rectangular openings in their eyes, one of them had something like a gas mask that covered part of the eyes.

- The appearance of one of the beings according to Alain Lecat.

- More pictures of the beings.

At the end they returned to the city, everyone were nervous and decided to tell the police, when they presented themselves to the place they realized that there were several giant footprints in the place, the stones were blown like if a great weight had torn it apart.

- Map of the Draguignan area showing the locations of the phenomena experienced by the occupants of the Fiat car.

Note

Please read the sources and especially the first one (the PDF one) which has more details and information about this case.

The sources

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Thank you for reading!
edit on 20-2-2016 by nito92 because: Added two more photos

edit on 20-2-2016 by nito92 because: Small fix

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A lovely break from the worthless political drivel covering the Recent page. Thank you so much for the diversion OP.

S&F for obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Thanks to you and everyone who reads this and enjoy it as much as I do. Again, all I do is pass along the information.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Whether I buy into this or not.. star and flag for putting some effort into adding decent content to the site.
Well done

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Excellent presentation. It's so rare these days to find such well investigated cases.

As Esoerotica put in an earlier post it IS a nice diversion from all of the political crap. (Pardon my French, no pun intended)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nito92

This account will be ignored and blasted as it is untypical for the appearance of the beings. True, they were not typical greys. That does not mean the complete story is bogus. Being at the cusp of the nuclear age in the last few decades, Earth will have been visited by several if not many other beings besides the greys. Let us hope that the ever present greys have the interstellar veto power to allow their work to continue among us.

edit on 20-2-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Posting so I can find later. Already S&F because you never fail to give new and interesting information.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Excellent thread OP, well done on the presentation. I thought the name Draguignan rang a bell and I was right, it was very close to probably the most famous French ufo case: Trans en Provence.

Google books Trans en Provence case

More information here:

Trans en Provence

The case was also mentioned in Popular Mechanics, here is a facsimile of the article:

When UFOS land

It is also home to the school of applied artillery military base, but that happened later, in 1976.

School of applied artillery wiki

Unless you go to South America it seems as if reports of encounters with actual beings are now virtually non existent, whereas in the past they were much more frequently reported. I am sure that would make an interesting study topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nice thread Nitro. Interesting the square type helmets. There has been ancient cave paintings or rock paintings of being similar in appearance. I suppose they could have come up with descriptions if they were versed in these paintings, but for the thread I will use them as confirmation of being some entity seen in the past as well as their modern tale. A search on Google for cave paintings of robot like creatures will show lots of images and articles.

As much as I am curious about the whole issue, I want nothing to do with meeting any beings personally. There are good and bad tales out there, and it is the bad ones that scare the bejesus out of me. For example the human mutilations. You just don't know what type of encounter you may have. If true, these boys are either extremely brave or incredibly stupid to go trying to find them.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hello nito,

Another very well presented, original and interesting post. I also find Ignacio Darnaude's website a fascinating treasure trove of information from the last 60 or 70 years.

Now to the actual story itself.

10 feet tall beings? Well the actual sources seem to suggest this was only of a silhouette. But it also states the beings were in excess of 2 metres (or elsewhere 2.5 metres). Which is closer to 6' 6" to around 8' tall. About the height of the goalposts in football. They also seemed to be wearing protective suits and communicated by strange whistling sounds.

So was this an elaborate hoax?

If not then the beings seem to be humanoid and protected from the environment. The suit would also add more height to whoever was inside. Could the strange whistling sounds simply have been their communication equipment inside their suits giving of residual signals.

Beings in protective suits could mean what? It's certainly how we'd go about exploring another planet. Does that mean it was aliens? I don't know. Would there be any reason for human beings in protectives suits to be up there scaring people?

Strange story.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Thank you! It is Nito though but it is ok I forgive you
I have seen such paintings on the web a few times and I believe ancient humans painted exactly what they saw (whether it was from their dreams or not). I think I do like to have one experience because at the end well it is something bigger than all of us. I want to believe they were incredible brave indeed, thank you for your comment

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Thank you very much and thank you all for the kind comments. Great comment and appreciate the links for further investigation on my part! I will read it all as soon as possible. I agree but perhaps they are not reported as frequently as before? or the intelligent forces are aware of our increase in technology to make records of them and thus they must be more careful? but yes it would be a good study topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Interesting. I spent a night in the hills of Draguignan in a camping car in 2002 (maybe 2001 or 2003). I arrived shortly before sunset and walked around a bit. The evening sun on the clouds had the strangest effect. It looked almost like the sky was another world or dimension - as if earth and that other realm were touching for a moment, several minutes actually. I imagined to cross over but was not sure how - maybe by falling upwards if I could have convinced myself that it was possible (and real).

I just thought of it as an optical illusion but who knows maybe this place is connected to "other realms" more tightly or obviously. I had never heard of Draguignan before that night and was never aware of any UFO lore connected to the place.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Awesome post Nito, great read as all ways.
You do good work Sir!.
S&F

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thank you mirageman. Yes it is a great website with good information on it! the Internet is for sure a wonderful tool. Yes my bad but I think I cant edit my thread no longer
in any case they were very tall. I really dont know if it was a hoax or not, sorry. I want to believe it is not it would be a shame.

That could be it maybe the suits gives them more height and perhaps protection in a different / hostile environment or perhaps they are robots? or controlled robots? I agree maybe the whistles were the sound of signals traveling through the air? I dont know.

Maybe is not that they want to scare people but investigate one area or us and our reactions in such scenarios. There could be vast variables and possibilities, such an ocean to discover, that is knowledge and that is how little we know about almost anything...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

They are certainly less reported, the question is why isn't it? The idea that they are more aware of our ability to record/report them is a relevant one, and it leads to the premise that they don't want the general public to know about them. Which then leads to the question: Why appear at all?

Enigmas are enigmatic.

I have enjoyed your posts and feel that you take great care to present them in a well researched and eye catching way, so I would like to offer any help you may need in the future regarding fine tuning with translations, I am fluent in Spanish.
If you ever have a doubt as to how something may be written in English just send me a u2u and I will help you out.

Keep on keeping on

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I don't think you were wrong as the report does say that one of the creatures appeared 3 metres tall (in silhouette). But the other humanoids (in better light) were noted as being 2 - 2.5m tall.

It's a very bizarre encounter though, if true.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thank you.
You always find interesting cases. This one is mentioned in one or two UFO books but never in any great detail.
I'll work my way through the links provided. I've just started Tim Goods Alien Base so im wondering, along those lines, if there may be something in that location. A lot of people discount reports of meeting strange entities as far fetched, particularly if they don't match the grey stereotype. This is a mistake I think.
They certainly had a strange evening and it will be good to follow this up.
Thanks again.

Just adding reply to mirageman
Height estimates are terrible in situations like this. If you're scared enough, everything looks massive and threatening. A small point but it could easily account for their descriptions.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Tulpa because: Additional reply rather than another post

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Perhaps because they do not want to interfere greatly or try to interfere as little as possible unless necessary. My best bet is that mankind is not ready / mature yet. Or they are malevolent or neutral toward us and is in their favour that we know nothing about them. The first reason could explain why governments don't say anything about it (that would benefit their interests as well).

Thank you, I suppose I must thank all my sources as well! thank you I will message you if I need any help with a translation or to cooperate with future threads.

edit on 20-2-2016 by nito92 because: Added information

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Nice. S&F.

A very nice distraction from the drivel, and bitching and moaning that seems to make up most of the threads nowadays. That really comes out harsher than I intended, but honestly, sometimes it sounds like a gaggle of 10-year-olds trying to "out cool" each other and compete for the "I'm more intelligent than you!" award. Of course, it's entirely possible that it's just me.

I am almost 100% sure I've seen this before, as the "square" helmet sticks out in my mind. I can't for the life of me remember where, though. Damn, now I'll have to go through some of my older books. I don't think it was something recent. I remember thinking that a 10-foot-tall ET might just make me piss myself. I also thought "robot" as well.

Anyway, kudos for the thread. Great post! That's why I still come here.
Yes it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join