It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic event: One-year 1 megawatt E-Cat trial completed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

On February 17, 2016, a 350-day commercial test of a one megawatt heat plant based on Andrea Rossi’s E-Cat was completed. The event must be considered historic since it’s the first time an industrially useful amount of energy is produced over such a long time from this kind of yet unexplained radiation-free nuclear reaction—LENR or Low Energy Nuclear Reactions.

To be clear, the report from the one-year trial, which has been controlled by a major independent third party certification institute, will be released only in about a month, and until then no official information is provided on the test result. However, multiple sources have told me that the test has been successful.

Source

The article goes on to say the observed COP (coefficient of performance) is between 20 and 80!. That means that up to 80 times more power was generated than consumed. This is far greater than the COP of 3.2 to 3.6 observed during the 32 day test conducted in March of 2014.

Could this mean that we are finally on the brink of producing clean, nearly free and limitless energy?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Wow!!

Nice, I was wondering when I would hear about this.

Thanks OP, SnF

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

all this means is that my dreams of a rossi free 2016 have been shattered

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So if its functional and does indeed do what its says on the tin how long until this type of energy production becomes mainstream?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

all this means is that my dreams of a rossi free 2016 have been shattered

It could mean quite a bit more than that. I recommend you reserve judgment until all the information is in. I note that many skeptics here and on other sites are not able to do this. I don't know if it is due to a lack of patience or fear that their world view will be forced to change but they certainly want the status quo. We won't know if Schroedinger's cat is dead or alive until the box is opened.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So if its functional and does indeed do what its says on the tin how long until this type of energy production becomes mainstream?

It will take decades to convert all existing forms over to a new energy source simply from a cost and manufacturing ability standpoint. Optimal configurations for each application will take time to develop. The advantage to this technology over renewables is that existing infrastructures may be used; only the heat source has changed. Some applications may be best served by other forms of energy or may be hybrids. Boeing has patented a hybrid jet engine that will use mostly jet fuel for take off, landing, and maneuvering, and augment cruise with LENR. Gasoline powered lawnmowers are probably far down on the list. Home heating [and cooling] are probably the first applications after industrial process heat. No one knows how this will develop, but develop it will.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
interesting news and I thought e cat had fizzled out

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

the box is empty - and we have known that all along

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax
Could this mean that we are finally on the brink of producing clean, nearly free and limitless energy?

We've on the brink for a few years now. Now we're on the very brink of the very brink.

I prophecy that by 2020 Rossi will hold a press conference claiming that he's now finally on the very brink of the very brink of the very brink of maybe making these things available, he just needs another 10 years.

The validty of eCat is permanently scarred by a big long list of things. Many of those things are just the name "Andrea Rossi", repeated over and over again.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
...he just needs another 10 years.

And some dinero.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

the box is empty - and we have known that all along

You don't know anything of the sort. You either want the box to be empty for your own reasons or you have been disappointed in the past and don't want to get your hopes up only to have them dashed.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

sigh lets play 3 questions :

1 - how many e-cat units are there world wide [ 20th FEBURARY 2016 ]

2 - where is each one located

3 - who manufactured it [ and where ]

the above 3 questions blow the entire e-cat scam part

oh and the bonus killer question :

defkalion ????

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Shadoefax

We've on the brink for a few years now. Now we're on the very brink of the very brink.

I prophecy that by 2020 Rossi will hold a press conference claiming that he's now finally on the very brink of the very brink of the very brink of maybe making these things available, he just needs another 10 years.

The validty of eCat is permanently scarred by a big long list of things. Many of those things are just the name "Andrea Rossi", repeated over and over again.

This will resolve before 2020.
He has been selling steam 'over the fence' for a year which shows the simplest application; heat. Thermal gradients can also be used for cooling [q.v., gas refrigerators]. The newer unit has the ability to produce electricity, directly, but at what efficiency is not yet known.
One big problem with residential sales will be safety in light of people opening them up while they are operating so various fail-safe features have to be designed to prevent curious and stupid people from damaging themselves and suing the manufacturer[s].
Note that he has not asked the public for money and has guaranteed operation before money is paid. The 'due diligence' test for a year with third party monitoring and measurement is a part of his guarantee.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

He has been selling steam 'over the fence' for a year

citation required

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
It could mean quite a bit more than that. I recommend you reserve judgment until all the information is in. I note that many skeptics here and on other sites are not able to do this.
You aren't concerned by the fact Rossi is a liar?

I think we've been patient. Haven't we been hearing since 2010 that the ecat would go into production soon, like 2011, or was already in production?

My prediction for 2026: Another test of the e-cat has been completed, and it's about to go into production...again.

freeenergyscams.com...

As you will find out in this article, the goal of Andrea Rossi and Industrial Heat LLC is to obtain an additional “hundreds of millions” of dollars from their ongoing fraud and scam called the e-cat. This article also shows that it is impossible that all of the people involved in this project are telling the truth. Clearly some or all of the people involved are telling tall tales, lies and/or falsehoods. We give the addresses of 15 properties in the Miami area that are owned by Andrea Rossi and his partners, all purchased after Industrial Heat LLC raised $11.5M with a SEC filing. And after Industrial Heat LLC purchased the e-cat IP, world manufacturing rights, and licensing rights to some parts of the world from Rossi. We even show what we think their game plan and method is to get investors to put up the additional “hundreds of millions” they are wanting....

All during 2010-2012 Mr. Rossi was claiming that he had a factory manufacturing and selling his nuclear reactors in Florida. He needed to claim this to be able to sell his phony licenses. We performed an exhaustive search for any footprints for something of this kind in Florida. We could not find any business licenses or permits. We could find nothing but Mr. Rossi’s two condos in Miami.
The Florida BRC investigated and found out everything Mr. Rossi was claiming was false.
Read that story here. Florida BRC Report
In that BRC report:

I spoke with Dr. Rossi concerning the construction and operation of his eCat device....He acknowledged that no nuclear reactions occur during the process....

but in Rossi's 2010 paper he says it's a nuclear process:

espace.cern.ch...

In conclusion, our process and apparatus is the first and unique system, existing today, able to obtain energy from nuclear fusion reactions

These are signs of a scam, how can some people not see that?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

sigh lets play 3 questions :

1 - how many e-cat units are there world wide [ 20th FEBURARY 2016 ]

2 - where is each one located

3 - who manufactured it [ and where ]

the above 3 questions blow the entire e-cat scam part

oh and the bonus killer question :

defkalion ????

Sigh. How do questions do anything but ask for information? You have been watching too many courtroom dramas if you think any of these do anything else.

1. NDA prevents me from responding in detail. Rossi's blog will provide public information. Others are replicating the results, more or less, so whether they are called ECats or not is open to discussion.

2. Florida.

3. Rossi built the modules along with a team of engineers.

4. Defkalion has been quiet, of late, and are not associated with Rossi. How was that a "killer" question?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

He has been selling steam 'over the fence' for a year

citation required

Personal observation.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

1 - then use open source claims for production testing and operation

2 - you really claim that all alledged e-cats are in florida ?????????????? - i shall assume you missunderstood the question - care to try again ?

3 -please try harder - you are contradicting the other liars in this farce

LASTLY do i really need to remind you of the rossi // Defkalion claims ?????????????? - they may have deleted everything - but others saved EVERYTHING
edit on 20-2-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

1 - then yous open source claims for production testing and operation

2 - you really claim that all alledged e-cats are in florida ?????????????? - i shall assume you missunderstood the question - care to try again ?

3 -please try harder - you are contradicting the other liars in this farce

LASTLY do i really need to remind you of the rossi // Defkalion claims ?????????????? - they may have deleted everything - but others saved EVERYTHING

1. Please rephrase #1 in coherent English.

2. Define your terms. Operating, existing, new design, Rossi built, or other.

3. I don't care what others are saying. Why should you? Do you think that there is a script that is sent around?

4. I also don't care what Defkalion claims or what they are doing, at present. They are not associated with Rossi.

Now I will ask you questions:

1. Do you have a vested interest in the ECat not working?

2. Did you ever develop a new technology from start to finish? This does not include incremental improvements to existing technologies or a keen new software, but a completely new technology. Lasers might be an example.

3. Are you mentally capable of embracing uncertainty and paradox? This is as da Vinci defined 'sfumato'...not in the artistic sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

1. NDA prevents me from responding in detail. Rossi's blog will provide public information. Others are replicating the results, more or less, so whether they are called ECats or not is open to discussion.
That's interesting. So does that mean you have some inside information about this project?

According to the article it appears that a summary report of the 350 day run of the ECat will be published in the next month or so. It also appears that this test was run by a 3rd party that monitored the apparatus 24/7 with video surveillance. I look forward to reading the document.

It's also interesting that Rossi has been granted a US Patent.

I'm keeping on open mind on this research. I've personally got nothing to lose. But we all have a great deal to gain if this device is anywhere near what it claims to be.

But the best possible outcome of a successful test would be all of the new recipes for the preparation of "hats" for ease of consumption and digestion. Because there would be a lot of people who will be eating their hats.

-dex

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join