It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Polish anticommunist fighter Lech Walesa a spy???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

'Yes I made a mistake, but I was no spy': Polish Solidarity hero Lech Walesa denies he was a Communist informant and calls on mystery 'perpetrator' from his past to reveal what really happened

Polish solidarity hero Lech Walesa has flatly denied he was ever a paid Communist informant amid a fresh allegation triggered by newly-found files.
The files suggest that Poland's first post-communist president served as a paid spy for the same regime he later fought and brought down.
But despite admitting he had made mistakes, he called on a mystery person who he said 'should reveal the truth about the past.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have not made up my mind if he was or was not, those were the days of dark cloak and dagger stuff, but if he was, then why didn't the Commies simply outed him out in their most desperate hr, warts and all, but pls klik the link there is much to go over.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Perhaps he was a spy ... but a double agent!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Perhaps he was a spy ... but a double agent!!!

Possible, that era was a very murky world.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Well if he was a Communist spy it wasn't a very long lived career.

*Due to his efforts to help bring them down.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Spider879

Well if he was a Communist spy it wasn't a very long lived career.

*Due to his efforts to help bring them down.

Yes that's why I am puzzled as to why they did not used that against him, there was that sweet spot to pour cold water all over the anti Commie heat you know divide and conquer much like cointelpro back in the States a decade earlier.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The people who are the most anti-communist have almost always had first hand experience with communists.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadAgain

Could well be something like that - I mean, he was living it, but perhaps as a spy (if he was), he saw something in the dark underbelly that moved him to stand in firm opposition.

join