It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAK-FA 5 th gen Missiles are really square.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

Cruise missiles designed for the new gen PAK fighter and possibly their bomber....are a squarish shape....supposedly stealthy, (id like to hear a radar familiar opinion on that)
These were unveiled for the first time at the MAKS 2015 air show......
Would like to hear any opinions on this new set of cruise missiles that will be gracing the weapons bays of the next gen Russian fighters.....
Just how stealthy is the shape they've picked........
(The link is dripping with juicy pictures......too much for my skills to transpose here....
Perhaps we can ignore the copy paste.....im looking for input here .....or not.....)
bander....

The missiles will be capable of 300 km flight @ 1000 kph........though the non export version perhaps somewhat more........
They are basically a redesigned version of their old missile...though they have a totally different appearance, and will fit nicely in the internal launch bays.....( the old style had an external motor) these have interior power plants....an increase in stealthyness there....

Is there a comparison in the wests arsenal to match or better these deadly arrows.....
and what about the supposed Hypersonic missiles....they having development glitches there or what.....
The developing of more and deadlier missile types begins to seriously negate the use of larger formations of any type of military force I believe....
Smaller cleaner tactical nukes have changed the face of boots on the ground and is playing out in Syria as we speak......
With the Turks and Saudis dying to go in, but seriously threatened by Putins nuclear capable cruise missiles and planes from leaving the start line.....
The new US atomic bomb (BLU 4 I think...)....is also a supposed tactical weapon that can be carried by a variety of platforms....
I am thinking the future of massed military formations is looking a bit doubtful....
but that's just off topic speculation....

edit on 19-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, Stormshadow is supposed to be stealthy and has a squarish shape. Taurus is also pretty angular and also stealthy.

The effectiveness of a cruise missile is down to (a) their guidance and accuracy and (b) er, that's it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Im sure they can hit what they are aimed at at least 80-90 % of the time....
The mini nukes we have now, make these a tempting platform to use against formations of all types.....

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Everyone is having problems with hypersonic missiles. It's harder than breaking the sound barrier was.

As for shape and stealthiness:

AGM-129:

JASSM:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks Zaph...., the two schools of stealth are certainly different.....
Russias look like flying spaghetti boxes.....
The comparison between radar cross sections would be interesting....

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

JASSM isn't far off shape wise. So it would probably be pretty close in the RCS category too, depending on materials.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What is the purpose of the little black dots on the JASSM ? They almost look windows on an airliner, in fact you could probably get away with posting it as a new futuristic airliner and people would probably fall for it lol

AGM looks like a nail with wings/fins
edit on 19/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Just above the wing in the picture I used?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

They almost look windows on an airliner

Lockheed Martin is what your seeing.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah

a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Oh so it's just the logo ?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Oh so it's just the logo ?

From what I can see that is all it is.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeah. That was one of their demonstrators, so they put the logo on it to show it off to various customers.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
could the square shape aid in magazine stacking?? more in less space (internal bays)?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati
That is my impression....they are more stackable for internal storage....
Notice they internalise the engine ....

top topics

join