It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa Police refusing to provide security to Beyonce show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I guess this is a case where your reap what you sow. She performed her anti-cop show at the SB, now there not signing up right away to do her show.

"Tampa police refusing to work sold out Beyoncé stadium show"

"Beyoncé’s show at Raymond James Stadium in April is expected to be a sell out but — for the moment at least — there won’t be any police on hand to control the crowds because Tampa cops are refusing to sign up to work at the event, reports Fox 13.

A sign-up sheet for the April 29 event has been posted since tickets went on sale, but has so far remained blank — possibly in retaliation for the singer’s performance during the Super Bowl halftime which some police officers felt was anti-cop.

Typically for special events, off-duty officers sign up to pick up extra pay, but no one seems interested in working when the pop star hits town".
www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I guess this is a case where your reap what you sow. She performed her anti-cop show at the SB, now there not signing up right away to do her show.

"Beyoncé’s show at Raymond James Stadium in April is expected to be a sell out but — for the moment at least — there won’t be any police on hand to control the crowds because Tampa cops are refusing to sign up to work at the event, reports Fox 13.

A sign-up sheet for the April 29 event has been posted since tickets went on sale, but has so far remained blank — possibly in retaliation for the singer’s performance during the Super Bowl halftime which some police officers felt was anti-cop.

Typically for special events, off-duty officers sign up to pick up extra pay, but no one seems interested in working when the pop star hits town".
www.rawstory.com...

Could this also be because they are worried that she'll get the crowd fired up and the cops will be targets? Let them stew in their own hate and collect the bodies after it's all over.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
She's got the money. Let her hire private security.

Those types of jobs are called extra jobs for the police. They are not the regular work duty and they get paid extra to do it.

I wouldn't do it either. Let her fork out the bucks for private security and learn that a boycott and disrespect goes both ways. I hope some people boycott her show, too.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey Beyonce!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

So she should stop paying her taxes?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: UnBreakable

www.rawstory.com...

Could this also be because they are worried that she'll get the crowd fired up and the cops will be targets? Let them stew in their own hate and collect the bodies after it's all over.

That is definitely something to think about. A cop in uniform at a Beyonce concert would be an open target and finding out who fired the shot among thousands of screaming gyrating fans would be almost impossible. The bit of extra pay would not be worth the risk.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I don't think cops should have to police private venues for commercial events.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I didn't think the police got to pick and choose like that?

Can you imagine if all police had that option? That would be like an ER doctor turning someone away because they didn't like their race or politician beliefs.

I suppose if this was an overtime, voluntary assignment for the police then it might make sense. They don't have an obligation to public safety when its some kind of voluntary thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I can understand the police are pissed at her if she criticized or derided them, they feel they are doing the best they can. I guess the department will just allocate people to be there though. Must be a weird feeling, serving and protecting people you don't like or respect, even. But the law is above all men. Well, until it isn't, anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

They do it as an extra job and get paid really good money for doing it. On duty police are not required to do it.
edit on 19-2-2016 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You know, I actually agree with you there.

If you're going throw a private event...you should budget for private security if you think it'll be needed. If you can't afford the security you might need, you don't get to have the event I guess....or, you will be held liable for for the injuries/destruction due to your negligence in hiring the appropriate help/security.

I think it blurs the line between what police should and shouldn't be involved in when they get involved in private events and venues.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wow, the LITERAL PC POLICE.

Funny how some of you are always blabbering incessantly about the First Amendment when it comes to denouncing the evils of "political correctness" or when something happens like a police commissioner is caught dropping racial epithets about the President in a restaurant but let a black entertainer express an opinion through her art that conflicts with your politics and you're all "reap what you sow."
edit on 2016-2-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subnatural
I can understand the police are pissed at her if she criticized or derided them, they feel they are doing the best they can. I guess the department will just allocate people to be there though. Must be a weird feeling, serving and protecting people you don't like or respect, even. But the law is above all men. Well, until it isn't, anyway.

The department cannot allocate people be there. It is done on a voluntary basis and usually, because of the extra pay, cops are scrambling to get these extra jobs. They don't have to do it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

They do it as an extra job and get paid really good money for doing it. On duty police are not required to do it.

Is the city reimbursed for their costs if they provide security for a celebrity? If so, then the taxpayer is out zero dollars.
If they do not provide security, it costs the taxpayer zero dollars.
I don't think tax dollars should pay for security because someone is a celebrity. High ranking govt officials, yes, singers... no.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hells Angels might be in for some extra cash!!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm actually surprised they do that in America. You guys privatize a lot more than us Europeans, but in my country private security companies are hired to keep order at shows and festivals and the like. Of course if it's a big event the cops may have a liaison there to keep an eye on things.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subnatural

I'm actually surprised they do that in America. You guys privatize a lot more than us Europeans, but in my country private security companies are hired to keep order at shows and festivals and the like. Of course if it's a big event the cops may have a liaison there to keep an eye on things.

I could understand the cops keeping an eye open outside the venue during such an event, in case some riot should erupt and then they could call in the troops, so to speak.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Hells Angels might be in for some extra cash!!

LOL...Yeah, let Miss High and Mighty hire a bunch of her thugs to do it. She and JayZ can afford it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I think I see where you're going...

Think about it...the city has invested in these police officers. Training costs a lot of money -- these guys are an investment by the city. These police officer's skills are made possibly by the investment the city has made in them. The city should be getting paid by the celebrity or venue ...

These cops are making cash on the side by using skills and experience they received at the taxpayer expense through their city government.

Seems fair the local government should get a slice of that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join