It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aliens are Silent because They're Fish ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Equipped with fish-eye lenses, of course.

Oh, no you didn't!

Maybe they're silent because they have nothing nice to say?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Plausible.

There's even speculation that intelligent alien civilizations have underwater facilities here.

I do think it a bit naive though to say that they're silent just because they're not using our communication technology.

Likely they're thousands of years ahead and use something we know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Are you an astronomer? If Aliens exist and we made contact with them we wouldn't be doing stuff like this so I'm glad we are because that means there are no aliens. I think it's safe to say there are no aliens.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metatron365
Are you an astronomer? If Aliens exist and we made contact with them we wouldn't be doing stuff like this so I'm glad we are because that means there are no aliens. I think it's safe to say there are no aliens.

That's not necessarily true.

There could still be intelligent aliens in the universe, but we have not had the opportunity to have made any contact with them (nor they, us). That could be due to factors of distance (due to relative sparseness of intelligent civilizations existing in this same general time as us) or due to differences in methods of communication.

There could be a civilization like ours just 5000 LY away (which is in our galactic neighborhood), but any signs that either of our civilizations exist are not apparent due to that distance.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
Have you ever seen that light that descends upon the Dome of the Rock and ascends so fast?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Nice idea there Gortex
Many so called aliens do have the appearance of walking fish, Icke speaks of the reptilians. The hotel base on Planet Earth when they check in here will be in our waters, so they only are seen by us for a moment and disappear below. So many ships are seen around water emerging or entering this zone.

Too be honest sometimes it plays on the mind that if the original life emerging from the oceans of Planet Earth made it above sea level, then maybe (literally maybe) another life type went down instead of up and became civilised down there, somewhere below the seas. Once asked an American ex army/maybe airforce or navy can't remember radar operator if he knew anything about UFOs, he said "I can't talk about any of this, all I can say is they aren't from up there they are from down there" pointing to the floor. He looked serious

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nice thinking partner.

I've thought that perhaps a lot of "biological alien life" out there might be plants. Why on Earth would they wish to rip themselves out of their soil and to brave the void of space? The concept might be to abhorrent to even consider. Just think about how many Kardashev type 1 planets there might be---if they are flooded with sentient plants! 100% solar conversion without technology (at least after atmospheric losses are considered).

Perhaps "biological alien life" is often deeply subterranean.. they might not even know space exists.. or care..

Massive cloud-locked planets.. same thing.

What if MOST "biological alien lifeforms" are actually shy prey animals, and contrary to everything we know about evolution and surmise about the likelyhood of apex predators is not true.. what if we are one of the very rare, very noisy and obnoxious predator species..

then the rest of the galaxy/universe might spend all it's time attempting to hide and run away from us.

Just having fun.

Of course my "real soapbox" is that with only 5% real matter in our Universe, it's highly likely that there are aliens on every cosmic street corner in the "95%" we cant see into.

Kev

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Our own development of technology largely began when we harnessed fire. Hard to discover metallurgy when it's wet everywhere. Underwater volcanic vents maybe?

But I admit this is only using the one baseline technology development process that we know about. It will be groundbreaking to say the least when we learn how other intelligent creatures developed technology.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nah, sorry can't let you get away that easy. What type of fish?
Salt of fresh water? Would it be easier just to scream, all the fish are aliens?
And go running down the street with arms stretched out over head?
If people eat fish for thousands of years do they start to look like aliens?
I can't even think of anything to add to the discussion.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Early Christians were said to have used the "sign of the fish"
Makes you think ... well maybe not

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It seems to me intelligence evolves out of a need of it. Aquatic life with a near perfect environment, no need to build or for technology to survive, would likely not be intelligent to the point of looking to the stars.

I'd not be at all surprised if there is aquatic life other places, but doubt we would know it without going there and finding it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Early Christians were said to have used the "sign of the fish"
Makes you think ... well maybe not

Yeah, it did make me think about that. I don't know why my
response went the way it did tho. The Pope and his fishy hat n all.

edit on Rpm21916v58201600000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Reminds me of Dagon. Its as good of a theory as any.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
EDIT: Ninja'd.
edit on 19-2-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I would be surprised if we find aquatic life on any of the good candidates in the Solar system, which is not to say it's out of the question of course. But I can put a bet on microbial life being found sooner than later.

An interesting thought and I hope I don't derail, but isn't the third smartest animal on Earth a mammal that returned to aquatic life? Who's to say number one isn't actually held by someone other than us, who prefers not being bothered by the second best in intelligence terms... I'd say this would add for a lot of missing pieces of the UFO puzzle (from the military, intelligence agencies and NAVY involvement and the general nature of their responses on the UFO matter, through "ET" descriptions that I always take with a grain of salt, to the flight characteristics reported in many cases and the suspected tech behind them), but still - very hard to accept. An entertaining thought though, and one that interestingly enough, hasn't been actually considered that seriously when I think it should be.

Or as some say - we are looking towards the stars but the answers might be much closer than we think.

p.s. you might want to look more into recent findings about octopuses and dolphins.

p.s.p.s. also, it's a good idea to really look outside of the box and agree that we know little about our past, and even less about questions like "how life and intelligence form". Our human viewpoint is not the only one, most certainly.
edit on 19-2-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Nah, sorry can't let you get away that easy. What type of fish?

Not necessarily fish but aquatic creatures of some alien type.

Salt of fresh water?

Either or , life seems not to fussy as to which.

Would it be easier just to scream, all the fish are aliens?

I prefer to scream all fish are dinner.

edit on 19-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As Jaques Costeau or David Attenborough would attest, the diversity of oceanic life is astounding, and that less than 1% of all species there have been seen. Theories are the packets of bio-material floated into the ocean giving rise to myriad species. Each species is not intelligent as a human is, but exists as any animal does to survive and consume by locomotion and eating food. The diverse nature of the few deep sea animals discovered to date, might suggest that each animal shape was a result of the arrival of the packet. I think it is incredible how nature has create all of these life forms, but I'm not convinced there is a being that caused this life here to occur, rather it has happened due to varying environmental conditons determining the modus operandi and form of the creature.

in reply to: gortex

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Metatron365

That's not necessarily true.

There could still be intelligent aliens in the universe, but we have not had the opportunity to have made any contact with them (nor they, us). That could be due to factors of distance (due to relative sparseness of intelligent civilizations existing in this same general time as us) or due to differences in methods of communication.

There could be a civilization like ours just 5000 LY away (which is in our galactic neighborhood), but any signs that either of our civilizations exist are not apparent due to that distance.

They keep coming here in spaceships and enter the ocean and are picked up in nets and we eat the aliens. They have been doing that for thousands of years. The Octopus are the builders of the ships. Hi in their language is sushi

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I had a similar thread where I discussed how even intelligent life would never venture into space unless a bunch of other very specific criteria was met.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join