It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news for Ted Cruz: his eligibility for president is going to court

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
When he is elected we will sing "Oh Canada, Oh Canada..."

At least we know that one... What do Kenyan's sing? hehe

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Don't you mean Kendonesia? lmfao

He was a fat baby

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

He was a fat baby

Was he a fat Kenyan baby or a fat American baby...there is a difference...lol

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

He was a fat baby

Was he a fat Kenyan baby or a fat American baby...there is a difference...lol

Some say he was born in Indonesia, so there you have it, his fat ass spanned two continents.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Some say he was born in Indonesia, so there you have it, his fat ass spanned two continents.

I think it is safe to say then he was a fat baby....

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

understood, I was a bit confused at your direction and what you were trying to illustrate

My apologies

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Something with "Aloha" in it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Something with "Aloha" in it.

Maybe something sung by one of these Hawaiian Royals...

Because that famous Hawaiian song, "Aloha 'Oe" was written by Queen Lilioukalini...
...and, honestly, it looks like Barack Obama fell right off her face:

(Actually, Obama looks like he fell off all the faces of the Hawaiian Royals.)

Just an interesting, uh, something I noticed. That and the last Will and Testament for Princess Bernice Pauhi Bishop named an "Emma Dunham" first in her will: Will Link

Oh, and Obama's grandfather Stanley Dunham used to tell people that Barack Obama was a descendant of King Kamehameha: Dreams From My Father

Sometimes when Gramps saw tourists watching me play in the sand, he would come up beside them and whisper, with appropriate reverence, that I was the great-grandson of King Kamehameha, Hawaii’s first monarch. “I’m sure that your picture’s in a thousand scrapbooks, Bar,” he liked to tell me with a grin, “from Idaho to Maine.”

But, I am sure it's all just a funny -- but completely meaningless -- coincidence.

edit on 19-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Either way this is something that should be clarified once and for all.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I agree. If his mother is proven to be American then yes indeed he is a citizen and eligible to run.
I believe there is a question of his mother's citizenship but if she held dual citizenship then he's still eligible. If she held only Canadian than no. But I think she was American and may have held Canadian citizenship at the same time as suggested by some voter records. If canada is ok with dual citizenship then he's ok because we know the US is ok with dual citizenship.
If canada is not ok with dual citizenship and his mother would have had to relinquish US citizenship in order to vote he's out. I don't know . This is my understanding of the issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm glad to hear this.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Either way this is something that should be clarified once and for all.

Completely agree...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The goofy part about dual citizenship for the US is that while its allowed, its not codified. The US government has not taken an official position in either direction. If it happens it happens and if it doesn't it doesn't. I can see dual citizenship possibly becoming a legal issue at some point.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I agree. If his mother is proven to be American then yes indeed he is a citizen and eligible to run.
I believe there is a question of his mother's citizenship but if she held dual citizenship then he's still eligible. If she held only Canadian than no. But I think she was American and may have held Canadian citizenship at the same time as suggested by some voter records. If canada is ok with dual citizenship then he's ok because we know the US is ok with dual citizenship.
If canada is not ok with dual citizenship and his mother would have had to relinquish US citizenship in order to vote he's out. I don't know . This is my understanding of the issue.

This is NOT what they had in mind.

So a woman, an american citizen gives birth to a son in another country, other than the US, and the boy has a father who is citizen of that country. Boy lives in that country for 30 years then come to US lives for 13 years and wants to be president. No........

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes. Especially for a world leader. Other countries could question his loyalty although we are talking about Canada. Not exactly an adversary on the world stage. Still dual citizenship in a president could raise questions in foreign policy issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

No he'd have to live here for 14 years then yes he sure could run. Just because you don't think that's the way it should be doesn't change the law as it's written. That's why we have a vote. Get with your congressman or woman and work on making the changes you feel are necessary. Right now except for the timeframe your scenario is actually possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The "natural born citizen" clause was put in because of the prejudice in those days against people born by Caesarian section. Something about being from the womb untimely ripped....

Close, they didn't want test tube babies taking over the Government.

In actuality the 14th amendment was to clarify the citizenship of newly freed slaves.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok well the thread has hit the skids and has devolved into what? Jokes about songs and fat babies?
WTF.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Ok well the thread has hit the skids and has devolved into what? Jokes about songs and fat babies?
WTF.

People are not allowed to discuss this subject with any seriousness. It's been the butt of too much ridicule for too long.

I agree. WTF. BUT, I came to accept this fact a long time ago. Who wants to have a serious debate that always devolves into ridicule and race baiting?

'Fat babies and songs' is much more palatable because you don't risk being accused of taking it seriously, like an *ahem* lunatic.

I always discuss it with a whole lot of apprehension first, myself. You'd think that the law could be debated in a mutually respectful way. That is not the case.

edit on 21-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
'Fat babies and songs' is much more palatable because you don't risk being accused of taking it seriously, like an *ahem* lunatic.

I always discuss it with a whole lot of apprehension first, myself. You'd think that the law could be debated in a mutually respectful way. That is not the case.

It was but no one has brought into the subject any point as to why Cruz can not run. Congress has provided by statute for the naturalization of children born abroad to citizens, and so this means Cruz was naturalized at birth just like my son was who was born in Japan. Cruz's mother was only in Canada for like 3 or 4 years too running a business, so it is not like he spent his life there.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join