It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is being an evil clone (minion) considered 'cool'?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think Donald Marshall has explained very well the human cloning as he is a victim of cloning. B.o.B has also started to tweet and expose the cloning centers. Here is quite well explained what it is about;

______beforeitsnews/power-elite/2015/12/the-human-cloning-centers-disclosure-2-2450456.html

I got also this link just now as I voted to stop the cloning centers; www.change.org... utm_medium=email

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Never.... EVER... use The Vigilant Christian as a source of validating information.

The guy is completely insane.

But what source do you use if you are a religious nutbar?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

i think they made lucifer because it tested well with a sample audiance, you know they make entertainment to entertain and generate revenue. as soon as the former fails the latter will follow. but i guess that a made up angel is running Hollywood

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helicopter
Although, a kid with a little yellow thing toy is only that. Adults do not bother with them. (Or do they? I have only even heard of these things on internet) If a adult has a little yellow thing toy, probably it doesn't mean they are representing themselves, probably just means they like little yellow things without thinking much of it.

Well I think a few adults are obsessed with them as well. But that's just one of those bizarre internet things of this modern age. Like 20-something men who are hardcore fans of My Little Pony, an animated show targeted at pre-teen girls.

a reply to: Profusion

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Profusion

While you are right that it spans generations, I do think the difference in era is why it is "cool". Western society has made so many advances in social equality that people feel more free than at any other time in American history to express themselves however they please. Because their perception of self is so healthy, the drone-like nature of the evil clones is seen as a novelty.

For example, this probably wouldn't be too funny in the 50's since a lot of people felt social pressure to act as clones. I can imagine a place like North Korea finding this more triggering than funny.

I take it as a sign of a healthy society.

This is pretty much it, I think. We have achieved a lot of the liberties people fought for in the latter half of the 20th century. Young people can't be rebels in the same way their dads and mums where. That would make no sense, that would be the opposite of rebellion. So the whole 'rock mentality' for example, it has become obsolete. Same goes for hippies or punks or whatever. Of course there are still a lot of wrongs left to be righted, and new ones show up, but every generation has to reinvent things.

If anything, the popularity of the Minions signifies that our culture has conquered those negative traits the OP describes. They are a novelty to us now, as Abysha wrote. Something cute and silly. For the time being, anyway. If the minions where some sort of space rebels like in Star Wars, it might be trite and banal. (I like Star Wars, FYI)

I'm not saying this is all good either. There is a sense of apathy going on I think, instead of rebelling people log on to facebook and like something. Slacktivism. The world feels old and complete, to us in the west. The Minions movies are a symptom of this, maybe, though symptom feels like too strong a word. More than that, maybe these movies explore the issues of totalitarianism and blind loyalty.

The stormtroopers in Star Wars are truly faceless, they have no personality. They are just enemies to be defeated by the heroes, on their path to victory. But in a real totalitarian system, the 'stormtroopers' are not robots. They are people like you and me, although they might be brainwashed or whatever. And it is valuable to understand them, and to understand how they become like that. I'm not saying the Minions movies do this in a good way, they are probably crap, I haven't seen them. But it seems to me the minions aren't as faceless as the stormtroopers. What I'm saying is, it's not necessarily a bad thing to identify yourself with evil minions portrayed in movies.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think the word is cute not cool, people think they are funny and cute.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crustyjuggler27
i think they made lucifer because it tested well with a sample audiance, you know they make entertainment to entertain and generate revenue.

Good grief Charlie Brown SERIOUSLY?

NOT drinking the KoolAid...

These people, it turns out, are operating from what I called The Gullible Mind. It is a psychological processing malfunction that filters out information based on its source rather than its integrity. People who operate from The Gullible Mind tend to have misplaced trust in governments, institutions, mainstream news networks, doctors, scientists or anyone who wears the garb of apparent authority.

But how does this work inside their heads? It's an interesting process. Gullible Mind people do believe it is possible for a government (or institution) to lie; but they believe that governments, institutions and doctors choose NOT to lie even when it would serve their own self interests to do so. Follow this carefully, because this is the fascinating part. These Gullible Mind people effectively believe that even though a government official could lie about something, they would never actually do so.

The gullible mind explained

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join