It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope singling out Trump for his wall is incredibly...stupid…and a blatant political statement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The Pope aught to be extremely criticized for singling out Donald Trump and saying his stupid plan to build a wall isn’t Christian.

This statement alone to Trump in the context of this political race is a very strange occurrence coming from a man who often speaks useful things.

So if the Pope is going to brand Trump's wall that he thinks will keep illegal immigrants out as un-Christian then what about the myriad other horrible actions by the governments of the world and politicians, particularly from the powerful US...

Are these events, for example, Christian:

Starting a war in Iraq that has led to millions of deaths.

Surreptitiously warring on Syria for geopolitical reasons

Watching people starve and doing nothing

Having thousands of nuclear weapons

Polluting the air we breath everyday

Excluding millions from health care

Catering to the rich and not serving its poor citizens.

I, of course could go on and on, but you get my point.

In other words, Pope, why single out this campaign promise of Trump’s and not label un-Christian vastly more wicked actions from the Western world powers, particularly America.

Its clear Pope is playing politics here…

It also seems this may be a calculated effort to derail Trump starting with Bush W, a few days ago when he denounced Trump for his brother.

Then Obamas statement the other day that Trump wouldn't be president.

...and now this clearly political mugging from the Pope.

Trump has finally stirred the pot and the elite are going after him with both barrels

edit on 18-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Pope aught to be extremely criticized for singling out Donald Trump and saying his stupid plan to build a wall isn’t Christian.

He has a right to his opinion just like trump does and you too.

In other words, Pope, why single out this campaign promise of Trump’s and not label un-Christian vastly more wicked actions from the Western world powers, particularly America.

He did. And conservatives flipped out.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
As the icon of Catholicism, speaking in a manner of opposition to a candidate, should lead to the Catholic Churches being no longer tax exempt and since when is religion a part of politics within the States? Of course I understand the influences, but it is not supposed to play a role.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
He can F right off. How many Syrians is Vatican City letting in this year? It's none of the hypocrites business how we decide to protect ourselves, we know he's taken care of
edit on 18-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I’m not saying he doesn’t have the right to speak, of course he does.

But why single out this one politician for this one issue?

Why doesn’t he single out the whole GOP party for trying do deny health insurance to millions.

There’s others who want to build a wall not just Trump

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
considering the pope has spoken on most of what you said i guess you don't know much about what he says, maybe you remember he existed because he said trump?

from so long ago (september 2015)
edit on 18-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
considering the pope has spoken on most of what you said i guess you don't know much about what he says, maybe you remember he existed because he said trump?

from so long ago (september 2015)

I heard all the popes’ very helpful statements in the past and have appreciated them.

But this is a blatant singling out of one candidate and a political mugging

Pope made a mistake…he’s human

edit on 18-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Pope must be a Bernie fan. I'd say Hillary also, but even the Pope has standards.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I heard all the popes’ very helpful statements in the past and have appreciated them.

Doesn't seems that way when you started the thread saying

So if the Pope is going to brand Trump's wall that he thinks will keep illegal immigrants out as un-Christian then what about the myriad other horrible actions by the governments of the world and politicians, particularly from the powerful US...

Are these events, for example, Christian:

Starting a war in Iraq that has led to millions of deaths.

Surreptitiously warring on Syria for geopolitical reasons

Watching people starve and doing nothing

Having thousands of nuclear weapons

Polluting the air we breath everyday

Excluding millions from health care

Catering to the rich and not serving its poor citizens.

Check the address to the congress he made you will see most of your points there.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The mother church has a long history of," Do as I say not as I do".

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
The mother church has a long history of," Do as I say not as I do".

Exactly right. The Pope should be focused on cleaning up the the un-Christian disgrace of paedophilia that infests the church. Its about time real christians fully realised they are not represented by a bunch of rich men in a walled city.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This statement alone to Trump in the context of this political race is a very strange occurrence coming from a man who often speaks useful things.

Stop before you go any further. Why is the Pope saying a wall is Unchristian when the Vatican is surrounded by a wall? How many "refugees" does the Pope take care of in the Vatican?

The Pope is a hypocrite. He just stepped in it. Who cares what he says?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am not Christian. That being said, I like Francis. I approve of everything I have heard him say. Including this.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
As the icon of Catholicism, speaking in a manner of opposition to a candidate, should lead to the Catholic Churches being no longer tax exempt and since when is religion a part of politics within the States? Of course I understand the influences, but it is not supposed to play a role.

Again. Even the Pope has a right to express his opinion in the same way Trump does btw. Last time I checked Trump has expressed himself quite extensively. And, as for the Pope, since many of those immigrants are probably Catholics I assume he felt the need to speak out.

... since when is religion a part of politics within the States?...

You'll have to ask the moral majority on the right that keeps on wanting to ban abortions, make life miserable for gays and try to institute their religious morality on everyone else.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
President-to-be Trump will affect our lives in more ways, for better or worse, far more than Pope (what's this one's name?) ever can, or will. It's amazing how people even pay attention to a human who was hand-picked by other humans. In 10 years, he'll be gone and a group of men will crown a new Pope for people to idolize.

link   
a reply to: schuyler

How many "refugees" does the Pope take care of in the Vatican?

www.reuters.com...

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

cognoscenti.wbur.org...

Pope Francis, pictured here on June 6, 2015, has created a new tribunal section inside the Vatican to hear cases of bishops accused of covering up for priests who raped and molested children, the biggest step the Holy See has taken to hold bishops accountable for abuse. (Andrew Medichini/AP)

Apparently he's already begun. But I won't hold my breath though.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Of course he has the right. As the States have the right to tax the Church
Abortion is wrong (except some cases), but this isn't about that.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: schuyler

How many "refugees" does the Pope take care of in the Vatican?

www.reuters.com...

One family. Four people. Why that surely shows his commitment. What a grand gesture!

/sarc

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

www.theguardian.com...

Parishes as well are taking in immigrants.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join