It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Vice Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
With all the BS going on with all the Presidential candidates. I want to know now who they are choosing to be their VP. I know it is a long way to elections and the candidates making the big announcements to their perspective VP choice is. I think it helps to know these things early on in a campaign. I do not care which party it is. Just have the candidates name them early on. Is it wrong to think about the VP this early on in the race's?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63
Won't they want to hold that decision in reserve for the "You back me for President and I'll name you VP" deals?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In most cases they probably have not yet thought about it. Candidates will often choose a Veep to "pull in" a certain demographic, and they won't know what that is until after the primaries are over. There is also a lot of dealing going on, not even all back room. Reagan wanted Ford, and Ford turned him down at the last possible minute. I remember that Senator Warner was very angry he was not chosen and said so publicly. Sometimes it makes sense to choose the first runner up, so something like a Hillary/Sanders or Sanders/Hillary ticket would galvanize all the Dems. But you're not going to see them suggest that right now.

Patience, Padawan.
edit on 2/18/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I see trump palen not a palen fan at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Sanders would never go for vp on a Clinton ticket.
Stranger things have happened but my magic 8 ball says no.

Surely one of the clown car of repubs will get tapped to be veep for the eventual nominee. That's a fun show. The democratic side of things is more of a horror story of super delegates and suppression.

Imagine where we would be with a Ford vice presidency under Reagan...probably no assassination attempt. Man, that would make some good alternative history fiction! Thanks for the idea

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 420rob

I see trump palen not a palen fan at all.

That would seal his loss. It certainly did with John McCain.

I don't give much credibility or intelligence to any political candidate who would give Palin any kind of approval or respect. Trump wants her in his administration, which says a lot about how off the wall and crazy he really is.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Sanders would never go for vp on a Clinton ticket.
Stranger things have happened but my magic 8 ball says no.

I wasn't trying to suggest a particular matching, but attempting to explain the process by which a VP is chosen. The point is that rivals often wind up on the same ticket, just like Kerry/Edwards did.

My story about Reagan wanting Ford is true. That's what happened.
edit on 2/18/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I understood your meaning.
Was just adding my two pennies to the discussion. I was five when Reagan was first elected, so I never knew about the Ford thing. I knew about the "October surprise" or whatever that Iranian 444 days hostage thing was and how it played to Reagan's favor.

But now I wonder. Without CIA Bush connections, would that have happened?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think Karly Fiorina would make a good VP

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Why? She's been pretty much a failure at everything....

I see Clinton picking Julian Castro as her VP choice, to get more of the Hispanic vote.

For the same reason, if Trump gets the GOP nod, I think he'd pick Rubio (for the same reason), or even Cruz (all depends on who comes in second around convention time, as right now, they are neck and neck for 2). This is one of the reasons nobody has a VP pick yet. It will likely (at least on the GOP side) come from one of the other failed candidates.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GazrokI do not agree with your thoughts about Karly. Show me where she failed? It was not at Hewlett Packard. As far as Cruz, Rubio I think there is a dark horse that will be tagged for VP. I am thinking Ben Carson will end up as surgeon general if he is asked.

new topics

top topics

join