It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew 27: 51-53 Meaning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Rasalghul
What he seems to be saying is that some of the "saints" (that is, those of Israel who trusted in God even before Christ came) experienced resurrection, apparently just after Christ himself had been raised.
And that this was a sample of the more general resurrection to be expected later, evidence of it to the rest of the people.

This is incorrect.Matthew said they were raised when Yahoshua died.
Whatever happened it had NOTHING to do with THE Resurrection Yahoshua spoke of .Unless there is evidence these resurrected people never died and are actively living a new life that never experiences death in any form it was just like the rest of the people Yahoshua raised from the realm of death….because they all died again.

However that is NOT Resurrection Yahoshua spoke of at all.That is Resurrection to NEW LIFE(spirt) a literally being born.That is at the crux of what Yahoshua proclaimed over and over yet Christianity knows nothing of it.

The Resurrection to LIFE is for ALL of creation including ALL of mankind.It is not exclusive to the self chosen many of Christianity or any other religion.Yahoshua means Yahweh(the creator God) is deliverance (salvation) from Hades(the realm of death and imperception).It is 100% unconditional for EVERYTHING.ALL things will be made new not just those deluded by their false religion.

As for these passages in Matthew 27 it should be very obvious these are addendum's to justify Christian doctrines and very poor ones at that since it makes no sense and is not reasonable.The only gospel that it is recorded is Matthew.If it was true John at the very least would have corroborated it(and know the exact number etc) yet he doesn’t say a peep.

These events are incongruent even to Christianity.Yahoshua IS the 1st fruit the 1st raised from the dead in Resurrection to Life YET these people are raised when Yahoshua dies.The incongruities of Christian theology (like yours) are legion and could fill a world of libraries yet billions believe them and multitudes propagate their lies.These theories of Christian theology are just false theories(and blatant lies) to justify an agenda nothing more and are completely incompatible with EVERYTHING Yahoshua did and said yet Christianity is blind to it and grope in the dark fitting square pegs in round holes.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282
I refer you to the exact wording of the Matthew text;
"The earth shook and the rocks were split; the tombs also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many" (Matthew ch27 vv51-53).

We have to distinguish between two events happening at different times.
a) The earth shaking and opening the tombs, which is clearly labelled as the immediate sequel of the death of Jesus.
b) The saints coming out of the tombs and going into the holy city, which is just as clearly labelled as the sequel of the resurrection of Jesus.
It is not clear from the language whether "they were raised" belongs to the first event or the second.
But the second event seems more appropriate, because it isn't easy to think of them as "raised" if they're not actually moving. Making it part of the first event would imply that they received renewed life and then spent a couple of days lying in their tombs thinking about it.

We also need to ask ourselves "How are these things known?"
The tombs being opened would easily have been public observation.
Deceased saints being recognised in the holy city would have been public observation.
However, I suspect that "they were raised and came out of the tombs" was NOT actually observed by anyone, and is really an inference from the other two observations. "They were in the tombs, and now they're in the city. So they must have come out of the tombs". So Matthew need not necessarily know exactly when they were raised, which would account for the ambiguity of language.

Since we have no way of knowing, you may be right about the fate of the individuals.
Nevertheless, the consensus of the commentators is that the overall event should be taken as symbolising the idea that "The resurrection of Christ is the first stage in the general resurrection of the end-times, and marks the fact that it has arrived".

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul
'51 At that moment the veil of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, and the rocks were split.52 The tombs also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised. 53 After his resurrection they came out of the tombs and entered the holy city and appeared to many.'

This is a moment after Jesus takes his last breath. Matthew writes it as if it's happening in his time.

I hate to admit it, but I don't understand this passage at all.

Anyone?

Right for me this has a number of meaning's, the earth shaking was because the very word, the foundation of the world had been removed by Jesus - the Word incarnate dying on the cross, the splitting of the rock's may be scene in hindsight by some as forshadowing the split's which have wracked the church over it's two thousand year history but since I am a proponent and believer of Ron Wyatte and his claim of finding the Ark of the Covenant I actually believe it served the purpose of Sprinking the Agnes Dei's blood upon the mercy seat just as the high priests of old had once done with the blood of the sacraficial offering's, the scapegoat's and the spotless lamb's with hyssop, they would then sprinkle it over the crowd to also cleanse them of there sin's and of course in some accounts not only did the sky go dark but it rained as well which since from christs side came pure water after the blood and the fact he is now the high priest before God and the only our eternal intercession before God is also fullfulled in that.
www.truedemocracy.net...
2fletchdr222.blogspot.co.uk...
i152.photobucket.com...

I also believe the tomb's were opened and just like christs the body's were missing with the risen dead appearing like living people and apparitions for a time in jerusalem but they may have been the cloud's which which christ ascended when he had finished his purification of 40 day's after the resurrection.

Prior to this spirit's had to be summoned by shamen and witches which today we call medium's but in christ those whom believed or are righteous live even if there body is no longer present, "He that believeth in me though he where DEAD yet shall he LIVE and he that believeth in me and live's shall NEVER die, the body does of course but not the living soul redeemed by christ whom is both the high priest and an incarnation of God, remember God breathed life - SOUL - into Adam and through Christ that soul can return and by being one with him in his body and the sacrement it can actually return to God.

As for the temple veil it has many meaning's.
It was a division were double sheet's were lain between the holy of holys and the inner sanctum.
The tearing of the veil is seen by some as being God abandoning Isreal for the three day's as Christ was dead during that time but by other's it is seen as a removal of the barrier between Man and God as Christ now serves as our intercessor, our high priest and indeed our only truly legitimate king, Jerusalem and the throne of david are his.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think it would have been saints that had dies during Christ earthly ministry like Simieon who pronunced his see the Lord's Christ befor ehe died.

Lu 2:25 ¶ And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

Or maybe Anna

Lu 2:36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

I believe it would have been believers in Christ who had died during his earthly ministry. The reason being they would not have recognized King David, or Abraham or Moses because none of them knew what they looked liked to say, "Hey look it is King David or Moses". But I wouldn't want to limit it and say they recognize it was them as well seeing Peter recognized Moses and Elijah when they appeared with him on the Mount.

Mt 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join