It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Doc calls for royal commission into medical bullying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Wow, this guy is bringing the heat with this fight for patient rights! More power to this guy! I highly recommend everybody read this article it's well written.

tenplay.com.au...

One of the country’s most celebrated Neurosurgeons, Dr Charlie Teo, has spoken out about what he believes is a rampant bullying culture within the medical profession.

I totally agree with this guy it is about patient autonomy and making the fall based on the correct information given to them by a doctor. Not the insurance company or some law office telling them how to make the calls.

“People who’ve tried to swim against the tide or do something new or buck the system – they’ve been bullied relentlessly,” he said.

This reminds me of peer review tyranny in the academic community. I guess the egos run big in the realm of the elite.
edit on 2/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'm reading comments on threads on Facebook about this guy and people who he's helped keep commenting about how amazing the treatment worked and how crooked the insurance companies are.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Link does not work.
Headline is incomplete.
Your text is missing important infos (He is against what? He wants to treat what with what?).

Sorry, does not compute.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Check again.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So what precisely is meant?

So like, doctors do not like other doctors who wish for maybe alternative treatments to what is now used?

They do this with patients... had this psychiatrist tell me I got this PTSD or something, total BS I'm fine but he refused to treat me when I refused the medication. Bullying is for doctors and patients both. Is is endemic to the profession.

And I am so not alone. Happens all the time, doctors tell patients what either they is forced to tell, or because they can lose their jobs if they do not make the compliant orders, or simply they are like brainwashed and don't even consider alternative things. But I am careful in blaming all doctors, because like I say, they might lose their jobs if they don't say the right things.

Did I understand this correctly?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Helicopter

Yes...

new topics

top topics

join