It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existential movie list?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wow, some of these I intended to see but time or mind slip... prevented and seeing the title is like: Yes!

So thanks everyone that has continued to add to this thread!

for the lot of you!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Mr Nobody
Bladerunner
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Waking Life
American Beauty
The Truman Show
edit on 19-2-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Imagine a woman lost in a world manifest by existentialism...

Will she find her loved ones?

Will she even find herself?

The Congress (2013)

Can't believe no one else listed it yet. It is the epitome of existentialism.

edit on 2/19/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

awesome thanks... no offense for the bending films suggested where one has to look for the existential crisis or know it instead of screening it and having one... kinda keeps that psychology industry going though doesnt it?

but yeah that was the origional intent, the most educational side of existentialism it self as the movie and not hidden under tropes.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Most of the movies I come up with have been mentioned already. I was trying to think of ones not already mentioned, that I would place in this catagory.

The only one that I can think of for the moment is one of those strange ones that stick in your mind over time, seem terribly poignant, but you don't know why. It was called "Gummo" and you just might hate it with all your might - at first.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

well, that sort of thing is like welcome to waste land suburbia after the boom town has boomed and the financial pilliage has been done. cheaper to hoist anchor instead of rebuilding and the use such as a lord of the flies poster child situation for a modern dystopia home grown from infrastructural collapse. rabbit the mute fellow stands in stark contrast to the younger daughter on Bobs Burgers with the same rabbit ears... that doesnt seem to shut up but wise beyond her years... opposite of the watcher type. join those two together and well the person becomes whole.

The Congress is like no matter how much depth one may have, once industrialized as a commodity to be bought and sold you are reduced to a 2 dimensional being... where all the work one does is held against onself as them when it was just a role. yet the public wants to hold onto the 2D unrealistic image... where the person cannot grow beyond the public eye even if they are much more... it is a truely a judge a phienix by its ashes situation, and the thing is the person has to split into living half a lie in real life as a public image or lie and the real person or a hermetically sealed shut in... where the dystopia lands on the inside instead of all appearances suggesting they have their šh!t together within and without.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread, BigBrother. I have been reminded of many excellent films I have not seen in years, and learnt of a number of new ones I now intend to check out.

You have even inspired me to create a similar thread under the topic of music. While possibly not as influential as film for some, I hope to be introduced to and reminded of a number of artists and tracks that are steeped in existential overtones.

Perhaps I will see you and others from here over there?

Oh, and while I am back here posting:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

always happy to be a creative inspiration... id have placed this in the movie forum.. unfortunately, the way this machine and ATS get along the movie forum didnt show up until later when looking at forums. I rarely make it to the community side, so i didnt know all it entailed. so my sincere apologies it is in the wrong forum, for those liking order... and any mod is certinaly free to move it unless mods are specific to a specfic forum and against mod rules. in that case general chat mod? by all means feel free.
edit on 24-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join