It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Rancher Cliven Bundy to stay behind bars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Latest on federal criminal charges against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy (all times local):

A federal judge says Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy should stay behind bars because he's a danger to the community and a risk for failing to show up for future court dates.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Janice Stewart ruled Tuesday that Bundy shouldn't be released ahead of trial because "that is likely the last the government will see of him."

Bundy's charges stem from an armed 2014 standoff with federal officials trying to round up cattle grazing illegally near his ranch northeast of Las Vegas.

Attorney Noel Grefenson says his 69-year-old client couldn't be such a danger if authorities waited to charge him for 22 months. Stewart dismissed that argument and set his next hearing for Friday.

Bundy was arrested last week when he arrived in Oregon to support his sons, who are accused of leading a weekslong occupation at a national wildlife refuge
Federal prosecutors are calling Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy "lawless and violent" and telling a U.S. judge in Oregon that he shouldn't be freed from jail ahead of trial.

A 34-page document filed Tuesday before Bundy appears for a detention hearing in Portland says the 69-year-old should stay behind bars because he doesn't recognize federal authority.

His charges stem from an armed 2014 standoff with federal officials trying to round up cattle grazing illegally near his ranch in Nevada.

It's unclear who will represent Cliven Bundy. He has asked for a court-appointed attorney last week, but a judge said she wanted to see financial documents first.

news.yahoo.com...

I am sure the BLM are celebrating at this moment, and breaking out the champagne bottles, known now they will get the Bundy's Ranch after all.

When the Federal Courts are done with the Bundy's it will cost them everything they own. One way or another the BLM will get that land for Harry Reed and his cronies so they can sell it to the Chinese for their energy plant.

If anyone asked where's the proof Harry Reed was after that land, it's all over the internet and Reeds corruption was exposed.

Cliven Bundy is asking for a court appointed attorney, I will bet the Federal Judge will force the Bundy's to sell their Ranch or take a loan out using the Ranch as collateral.

If this 69 year old man is such a flight risk according to Federal prosecutors, where's all this money for him to flee the country, when Bundy is asking for a court appointed attorney?

edit on 17-2-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't agree at all with a Mormon idea of exactly if we can become gods....no sirrreeee

but I stand for truth and will be serving truth for eternity....what I just read in the Scripture.....first time I've read that....

BUT ....free bundee

edit on 17-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 17-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Perhaps the op should change their name to ill informer because the blm was never after Bundy's ranch they just wanted the deadbeat to pay his grazing fees. Also this has already been posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Look, I am almost always supporting the citizen over the government. But let's look at what cattlemen have done over the last 200 years in the western USA.

If they hadn't railroaded homesteaders off their land, bought elections, destroyed competitive purveyors of similar products etc...this wouldn't be happening.

These people do not represent the rest of dissenters, they represent themselves. They aren't Patriots they are greedy.

These same families destroyed others with abandon to make their buck...so eff them. Also, why try to intimidate a government with guns, when they have, well what they have.

Idiot hillbillies trying to draw in every one else, for their own gain.

How many western cattle ranchers have actually done anything besides line their pockets and destroy entire communities with their greed.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Perhaps the op should change their name to ill informer because the blm was never after Bundy's ranch they just wanted the deadbeat to pay his grazing fees. Also this has already been posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not the same post. Informer's post posits several questions, where yours is only insulting and inflammatory.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

How many western cattle ranchers have actually done anything besides

I don't know ... I kind'a like steak.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Thank you for your wonderful, courtesy, informational comment.

Shocking Allegations Show Harry Reid, Chinese Company Behind Nevada Ranch Standoff

In an apparent effort to cover its tracks, the BLM has reportedly removed documents from its website showing that the move to kick the Bundys and their cattle off of the land was at least in part due to the fact that their presence impeded development of solar energy on the land.

Reid and his eldest son, reports indicate, were integral in the support and/or implementation of a $5 billion solar plant being built in the county by a Chinese company.

Officially, the federal agency has suggested they are only after Bundy because his cattle are a threat to an endangered species of tortoise. That narrative, however, fell apart in the opinion of many critics when it was revealed the agency itself has engaged in the widespread slaughter of the animal.

The recent allegations of Reid’s hand in the Bundy attack are bolstered by the fact that his former senior adviser also served as the director of the BLM.

www.westernjournalism.com...

After Bundy Ranch Fiasco, Reid and Co. Exposed as Real Extremists

www.thenewamerican.com...

Reports: Company Tied to Reid's Son Wants Land in Bundy Standoff

www.newsmax.com...

edit on 17-2-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join