It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tremendous Breakdown on How Donald Trump Answers A Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wish there was a psychology forum because this would fit right in there.

The following video is a tremendous view of how politicians speak, and how they get around answering tough questions, or how they sell an answer that is otherwise meaningless or outrageous. I found it incredibly interesting and well worth the watch.

This video is confirmed through the BostonGlobes article: For presidential hopefuls, simpler language resonates Trump tops GOP field while talking to voters at fourth-grade level

As a person who loves studying psychology on their free time, this analytical view of speech is beyond captivating.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Politics is all about psychological manipulation, Trump seems to be a master of this. He was raised to sell stuff to people, it's no different with his presidential campaign, and he's selling it pretty well so far.

Interesting video, thanks for bringing it here.

edit on 2/17/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I wish there was a psychology forum because this would fit right in there.

The following video is a tremendous view of how politicians speak, and how they get around answering tough questions, or how they sell an answer that is otherwise meaningless or outrageous. I found it incredibly interesting and well worth the watch.

This video is confirmed through the BostonGlobes article: For presidential hopefuls, simpler language resonates Trump tops GOP field while talking to voters at fourth-grade level

As a person who loves studying psychology on their free time, this analytical view of speech is beyond captivating.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did

Why is it so many good out if their way to bash trump?

He is an unknown quantity, where everyone else in the field is a known quantity, and it is widely known that outcome is not what we want or need!

He isn't talking rocket science, he is talking common sense, real life stuff.

It doesn't take someone with Shakespearean vocabulary and linguistic abilities to explain that what we have and have had for decades isn't working.

Here, let me show you.

Are things messed up?

Would you like them to improve?

Are any of the mainstream candidates going to do that?

Not complicated at all was it?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

How am I bashing trump?

This is an analytical review of how he actually talks. Just because it's factual doesn't mean it's slander.

You do realize this video and this topic has nothing to do with his views or stances on anything, but has a sole purpose to simply analyze how he talks, not what he talks about.

You've missed the entire point to this thread and the information within it.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
his message is repetative and simple.
we are going to build a wall, and mexico will pay for it
we dont win anymore, we dont win with china or trade
cruz is a liar
he will be the best jobs president ever

yes his messages are simple, i like laymans terms. im not highly educated sophistical person. this is what i need in the next POTUS
not a career politician
not afraid of being politically correct
one with balls in which are larger than normal
cares more about us than muslims overseas
pays attention to what is going on in the world... not whats being told
better my life and my well being... protect me and my countrymen from harm

trump will

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe he should bark like Hilary to get his point across ? Im voting Trump, don't know if Im educated, red neck or stupid, but I live on the beach in a condo, Ill take that.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Medicator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

How am I bashing trump?

This is an analytical review of how he actually talks. Just because it's factual doesn't mean it's slander.

You do realize this video and this topic has nothing to do with his views or stances on anything, but has a sole purpose to simply analyze how he talks, not what he talks about.

You've missed the entire point to this thread and the information within it.

Not you ghost.

Just all media in general it seems.

There are multiple threads daily on here alone.

Including one earlier I was reading on lunch....

It is just getting old for me.

Nothing against you brother, just a long day, and too much politics this election cycle.

I'm going home to make chili dogs homemade fries with sea salt and crushed black pepper corns, a couple beers later I will be right as rain.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh hates TRUMP, Mitt Romney hates TRUMP,,,,that alone should tell you guys something.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Better not steal my idea for a rant thread. The amount of talk this election cycle is giving me a migraine. When is it over!?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's funny that people don't see how much being a salesman is like being a politician. But remember, for Trump, and for being a salesman, it's about selling, not actually about the product. That should give anyone pause when listening to Trump.

You don't have to be well-educated to see through this. You do have to put your knee-jerk emotions aside though, because they only give short-run results.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
Rush Limbaugh hates TRUMP, Mitt Romney hates TRUMP,,,,that alone should tell you guys something.

And... Hitler hated Stalin (eventually). This comment means nothing.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Alright, my mistake.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Simple NLP and easy to spot.

Trump actually becoming POTUS would be an excellent case example for the history books.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Zbigniew Brzezinski has supposedly said that the biggest threat to them (tptb) in the 21st century was the electorate becoming political aware . With this election cycle taking place in the US and the actors involved it becomes a front row seat to the best political lesson the west could ever hope to witness .

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So ghost
You like being a bit of a psycho analyst, what do you think of the people who have been won over by a person who treats and persuades people with a 4th grade argument?

Is that a reflection on the intelligence of the average US citizen

Or possibly is Trump listening and hearing the people and implementing what he thinks they want?

Or does he think he has a plan to rescue the US from its bombed out economy, teetering on the Abyss of reserve currency?

You have stayed away from commenting

Me personally, I think trump s a breath of fresh air, he is going against the tide, a true alternative to every other politician Americans can vote for.
Trump is a different option in a bland offering
Out and out narcissist who places money power above people

So Who are you sledging here, Trump or his supporters or the other political Partys for allowing Trump to grow for being more about serving themselves than the people and allowing Trump a foot in the door

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
now we know how trump has supporters. there must be a lot of 4th graders out there who are able to vote!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
now we know how trump has supporters. there must be a lot of 4th graders out there who are able to vote!

I actually think people are sick of the lies of main stream politicians who constantly speak down to them

Really is Obamas yes we can catch phrase any different to that of impressing children
Yes we can is not a policy, its a chant akin to some religious mantra

I also think people think they know exactly what Trump represents, good or bad

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Keep it to the K.I.S.S. rule when speaking to "babies" (~DJT):

KEEP
IT
SIMPLE
STUPID

Most great speakers keep it simple...too much jargon will lose your audience and put them to sleep.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So ghost
You like being a bit of a psycho analyst, what do you think of the people who have been won over by a person who treats and persuades people with a 4th grade argument?

Is that a reflection on the intelligence of the average US citizen

I don't think he is intentionally treating people like they are 4th graders, it's just that that form of speech happens to easily influence most people. Again, not because those people are unintelligent, it's just a matter of hitting key words, detracting from the argument, and imposing this subconscious self worth on to others.

Or possibly is Trump listening and hearing the people and implementing what he thinks they want?

I don't think he is devious enough to do that. It's just a salesman's personality doing what a salesman does, nothing really much more than that.

Or does he think he has a plan to rescue the US from its bombed out economy, teetering on the Abyss of reserve currency?

I haven't being paying close enough attention to what any of the US candidates true intentions are. I was just posting this because I thought it was an interesting analysis.

You have stayed away from commenting

I don't think anyone has personally asked me my opinion on the matter yet. But, again, I don't really know enough about all the candidates and their positions to really form a solid opinion yet.

So Who are you sledging here, Trump or his supporters or the other political Partys for allowing Trump to grow for being more about serving themselves than the people and allowing Trump a foot in the door

The analysis has nothing to do with putting anyone down. It merely shows how salesmen speak, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I don't believe for one second trump is just a salesman.
I am sure with his money he has influenced politics for decades

This is just the next step

What and who he is only time will tell I am afraid

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join