It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW III - will it actually happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
I think it's inevitable & fingers crossed it happens soon.

Anything to disrupt the status quo. Day to day life is boring as #

What is wrong with you? and those who starred this post...

Why do you want billions dead and animal life extinguished from the planet???

You'd pee your pants if the sirens went off!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
yes. and it's already going on. a war fought unlike the past war. war of the mind and mind control.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The thought of a nuclear exchange between countries is a very scary thing to think about. But for such an event to occur would have to be through the right channels and protocols of military powers around the world.

Lets not forget nuclear exchanges are nothing like conventional wars and the main purpose of a nuclear is M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction of each other. Can counties risk death of it's own people and years of restructuring, rekindling and rebuilding there country after nuclear disaster?

I would take a very big step back and look at all possibilities of avoiding a nuclear war and look at the other options on the table to establish peach in the Middle East and other countries seeking peace and prosperity.

This doesn't mean think nuclear exchanges wont happen. It has before and could possibly happen again but the only way I see such an event happening would be one coordinated not by a huge power alike countries like Russia or the US or Europe as a whole but one coordinated by terror.

I hope for all mankind and for our future children that we live in peace and get rid of our nuclear weapons as an approach to bring peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i hope that world war three dosent come BUT deep down inside of me i think that it will and for some strange way i think that it mite be good as once we have had the third world war and we all see how bad it will get it mite get us all thinking in such a way to as to make it impossible for us to have another such war nether again ever .....

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Get a pet.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I think that was at least partly tongue in cheek...

But I will say this: the planet does need a good purging. It takes a forest fire to start a forest anew and let it grow bigger and fuller than before. I am not hoping for a frenzied nuclear exchange, but it may usher in an era of peace like never before. The last generation who knew world war was before the baby boomers. That was a while ago. Once that horror is no longer within living memory I fear each subsequent generation is more likely to repeat it. Add to that the arrogance of modern man and things begin to look bleak. Further add revisionist history and we can't even learn from our mistakes.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think the contributors here who think nuclear war wont happen are dangerously ignorant of historical facts. It almost DID happen, in fact one man saved us all from certain annihilation.

Vasili Alexandrovich Arkhipov 27 October 1962. This man refused an order to launch a nuclear missile from a submarine at a US carrier. The carrier was mistakenly thought to be attacking the Sub' but it was dropping training rounds to force the sub' to surface, mistaking this for an attack the other 2 high ranking officers on-board wanted to fire a nuke'. His decision not to saved countless lives.

There was also another incident.

1995 - Russian early warning radar mistook a Norwegian weather rocket for a ballistic missile launched from an American submarine. An emergency signal was sent to President Yeltsin's "Cheget", the nuclear suitcase with launch codes.

You see, it's not as simple as "the world is allied". It's not about that.... If you're being attacked and you know you're about to lose, you WILL take your enemy down with you. These incidents are nowehere near as serious as a 'conventional war scenario' yet on both occasions nukes were almost the FIRST resort. Nukes will be fired at some point - how many is debatable.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
a reply to: ketsuko
a reply to: MrSpad

These alliances are not as strong as you might think. Money is getting tighter. Resources are getting more scarce. World opinion of America continues to erode, mostly due to our own foreign policy. America's deficit is quickly reaching critical mass. I feel that I will see WWIII in my lifetime. I also feel that ground zero will be North America. It will be both personal and business, as many countries will unite against us out of financial necessity, but some will thoroughly enjoy attacking us. America has said that they will not initiate a nuclear attack, but I find that hard to believe. Curiously, why does America pull the patriotic strings so often? Why do we spend SO much on defense each year, meanwhile cutting education and medical benefits? Why do we encourage such boorish behavior in our people? Why do we always have to be "right"? Why do we train so often in war if we don't plan to use that skill? Why do we have so MANY nukes? :::sigh::: I think war is right around the corner. I think those that want to watch the world burn are increasing, many religious groups actually pushing for it, "How else can we get to the bask in the glory if we don't suffer first?" My two pennies, and I sure do hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
hate to break it to you its already happening.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
the chances are bigger than ever. USA won't be the wnner. If the world powers wanted to find compromise, 3rd way or you name it, they would have done so for 27 years after the end of the cold war. Instead they steadily go towards a major war, nuclear, possibly WW3. It would be a miracle not if it wouldn't happen, but if it would end in several nukes and quick armistice. By now I think it can't be postponed or cancelled anymore. Even if aliens come. Because they support this or that power too. in a way, WW3 as well as WW2 are aliens wars with earthly proxies.

edit on 19-6-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I had this discussion with a friend lately.

I asked; from when on would a war be called a world war?

When there are more than x countries involved?
When there are more than 1 continent involved?

Looking back and comparing WWII to the 'war of terror' - sorry *on terror:

6 years vs 15 years and counting
US,Europe, UDSSR, Japan, North africa involved VS. US,CAN,EU,Russia,Asia,Africa, MiddleEast involved.

Are'nt we already in the WWIII ?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Ww3"wnt happen, the 5 un security Council country's will keep havin proxy wars. There bankers r our bankers. We r all controlles by same people. Usa n russia wud never quit so nukes wud destroy earth and people alive wud kill n rob the rich simple., they dnt want ww3. They have there system now. No need for changing or revolting, planned revolting shud i say.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

Are'nt we already in the WWIII ?

No. A world war is where nations devote themselves entirely to the effort. The West is not spending very much on military as a proportion of their GDP. Imagine if the West racked up 50% of their GDP into defence and then snarled. No a chance anyone would stand much of a chance.

These thoughts of World War are so wide of the mark.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join