It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whispering In My Ear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So this morning I encountered someone very strange that just hasn't been sitting right with me. I woke up at 6 am to let me dog down from the bed to pee and she kept staring at this spot on my bed, but I didn't think anything of it. After that i picked her back up and went to sleep again only to have been woken up by a whispering man who said my name twice in my ear. I felt the breath and heard it clear as day, but when I turned around I just saw my dog laying down looking at me. I've had this happen before were I thought I heard someone call my name and no one has and I know that this happens to mostly everyone once in a while, but this time was different. The voice seemed very familiar and called me by my nickname and it sent chills down my spine. Even now as I'm sitting here typing this the air around me has a strange vibe surrounding it. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sounds like you've got a pretty smart dog.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just use earplugs while your sleeping.

Maybe this ATS thread will help My name whispered in the morning

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtheskys

Look up hypnagogic hallucination and see if it sounds familiar to you.

I have this and it is creepy and it sucks. Even when you know what it is, it still scares the crap out of you. I've heard my name said right into my ear. I hear loud banging sounds like someone is violently knocking at the door. I see bright flashes of light flood my closed eyes and it feel painful. Most of these happen as I am going to sleep or early in the sleep state.

I don't know if that is what is going on with you, but wanted to share it as a possibility.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

My honest best guess would be that you awoke in the midst of a very vivid dream, and you were not able to tell where the dream ended and where wakefulness began.

I've had this happen twice in my life that I can remember

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yep, mutiple times I hear my named called in the morning as I am waking and don't want to get out of bed. Sometimes it is the phone or the doorbell. The last couple of times it was a loud male voice very irritated as I lay in bed not wanting to get up. Th last time which was early Nov. A loud demanding male voice said "Richard"...my brother's name. When it is a voice that is calling me to get up I just say "Okay, Okay" and get up.

Otherwise I have heard it all my life since a child. Thought everyone did

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Back when I lived with my family, I had several experiences where it seemed as though someone let out a breath right next to my ear as I was about to go to sleep. On some occasions it was distinctly male, and other occasions it was distinctly female.

It was very odd, but I had brushed them away as simply being me just before I was about to fall asleep, and I just wasn't aware I had let out an audible breath.

I thought this until my (now) wife and I were laying on that bed together, when a female breath was heard above both our heads, in which we both heard it at the same time, a slight distance away from us.

So yes, I would say that what you experienced, if true, could very well be something 'paranormal'

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

That could be it! Thanks for that

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wish I could say I've experienced that, so I can empathize with you. It does not sound fun at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

From your description, it definitely sounds like an hypnagogic hallucination. On many occasions I have experienced a related effect called Exploding Head Syndrome. Especially when I'm under stress, or listening for something to happen. To me it sounds like a loud crash, and I quickly transition to full awakedness. It's annoying and disturbing. But it's far less frightening to me now that I understand what it is.

Having said that, I would also advise you that not everything can be explained so simply. I believe that, sometimes, our subconscious mind will go to great lengths to convey important thoughts to our conscious minds.

I also don't know what you believe about the paranormal. I personally try to always keep an open mind about these topics. Perhaps you might consider looking into what your subconscious may be trying to tell you. Or, more esoterically perhaps, look into the history of your residence and any unique objects you may have in your possession.

I thought I would just offer a few thoughts about keeping an open mind.

-dex

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Have any relatives recently passed?

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?

Twice, once while I was lucid dreaming and another as I was wide awake. In the LD, a woman's voice kept calling for me to wake up. Luckily, I didn't.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Download an app from the Apple App Store called Dream Talk which records Sleep Talking and is very sensitive to sounds. You may be surprised as hell what you capture. I know i was.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Like others, I've had this too and think it comes down to one of several things. Veghead's hypnagogic (or pompic) explanation could be correct because everyone (sooner or later) will spend a few moments in dreamland while they are consciously awakening. I've had the 'voice' thing a number of times in the past three years. It's been my name in different voices and the most intriguing one is when a word or phrase wakes you up and you just can't quite remember what it was.

The breathing one I had in a spare room at my parent's house and it pissed me off a lot because I needed the sleep and it kept waking me. The explanation I have come up with is original afaik. The breathing was right in my ear like something was against my face and breathing raggedly. It'd wake me up with a bit of a jolt. What I think happened was to do with our senses being out of synch and delayed when we sleep. The breathing I could hear was my breathing, but because I was asleep it was being processed split-seconds behind.

The fly in the ointment for the above explanation is how that particular room has a pattern of weird stuff happening in there. Out of four people who've slept in there, all have been woken in the early hours by something skittering over the pillow right next to their face. Nevertheless, whilst I can't make good sense of the 'pillow trickster,' I'm confident that the breathing explanation is correct.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

So I read the responses and it made me smile so thanks for the entertainment.

Isn't it odd that most people will write it off as some type of mental condition. It is much easier than accepting something supernatural happening.

Maybe you should see a stranger who knows nothing about you, like a psychiatrist, and pay him/her 200 dollars an hour and let them tell you it was all in your head? (end of sarcasm)

You just close your eyes and click your heels together while saying, "There is no spiritual world, there is no spiritual world" and you will wake up in Kansas.

So what do you thinK? Is it possible it was a supernatural experience you and your partner experienced together? Don't be scared because if you do it will not return....including the smells you have smelled......oops maybe I should not mention this?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I can definitely relate to the air around having a strange vibe to it after hearing a odd/unexpected sound. To me it's just another illustration of how powerful the mind is and how there is still so much about its nature we do not understand.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

You may be surprised as hell what you capture.

C'mon Steve, won't you share - even a little?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Download an app from the Apple App Store called Dream Talk which records Sleep Talking and is very sensitive to sounds.

How cool is that? I was just listening to some English dude on youtube. Brilliant!!
Listen to this dude
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join