It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Weird Trait That Predicts Whether You’re a Trump Supporter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How is that authoritarian on the American Citizens and legal immigrants?

What if among the legal immigrants there are Muslims?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Some may see authoritarian, I see assertive, aggressive.

To each his own, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed. Both sides want to impose their will.

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Building a wall to keep people in is authoritarian.
Keeping them out is not.

Not surprising that you only see the one side. The government building a wall to control people's movement (in or out) is authoritarian.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Annee
I find it ironic that the Right keeps claiming the Left wants to control people.

Here's your mirror.

As someone who is firmly in the middle it became readily apparent to me that both sides wish to impose their will on others. They are two sides of the same coin.

Thank you. At least someone has taken their rose colored glasses off.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So let me get this straight.

There wasn't anything authoritarian about CLintons 'assault weapons ban'.

Or the Brady Law that for the first time in American History FORCED every American in this country have to ask the States permission to practice their second amendment RIGHTS ?

That was under CLinton too.

Or the 'Affordable' Care Act that FORCE people to buy a corporate product. Healthcare.

Some people sure do need to look in the mirror.

Libs will lecture cons on the constitution when it comes to gay marriage and abortion, even though those things are not in the constitution. But they want to ban guns. Ironic.

Many on the left hate Christians and attack them claiming the Bible is homophobic/sexists/racist, but when it suites them they remind Christians of verses in the Bible. Ironic.

I am starting to see a trend here.

link   

am at a loss as to how to respond to you,

I know.

Never met a let winger yet that could respond to inconvenient TRUTHS.

Because it doesn't fit their false narratives.

It is simply amazing the LEFT actually thinks they are better than the RIGHT.

They are the ONLY ones that do.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Looks like the authoritarians always drift left.

That's because it takes massive authoritarian policies to achieve the goals and objectives.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Libs will lecture cons on the constitution when it comes to gay marriage and abortion, even though those things are not in the constitution. But they want to ban guns. Ironic.

Since they can't read the second. Whip out the 14th because they can read that one.

But that's when they IGNORE it.

Irony?

I call this thread pot calling the kettle.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Keeping them out is not.

Not surprising that you only see the one side. The government building a wall to control people's movement (in or out) is authoritarian.

I guess you like the system we have now, a border that works more like an open window where any criminal can crawl through it. Why even have a border? Lets just call North America Panem.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I never said the Left was better. I have a hard time responding to your posts because they are not filled with facts or "truths". They are filled with emotion and bull#.

When facts are presented, like the information in the OP, instead of refuting the information, you lash-out like a cornered teenager.

Dispute the article in the OP and quit crying.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I can't figure any common denominator out about Trump supporters. Right now, I know wealthy businessmen that are supporting him, blue collar workers, women, young people, old people, rich people, middle income people, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, people who have never voted, Blacks, Hispanics, college-educated people, high-school dropouts, military vets, and ex-Obama supporters!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

How is that authoritarian on the American Citizens and legal immigrants?

What if among the legal immigrants there are Muslims?

I think Trump's Muslim Ban was referring to immigrants that aren't here yet?

I was referring to immigrants already legally here.

link   

History has proven that walls and other fixed fortifications are minimally effective. We have other immigration policies which need to be more stringently enforced or addressed before contemplating building a wall and hoping for reimbursement from another nation.

edit on 17-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Keeping them out is not.

You can just walk into any other country without any hassle right?
You expect America to have standards no other county is expect to have.
And besides, nobody is keeping americans in america.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I think Trump's Muslim Ban was referring to immigrants that aren't here yet?

I disagree with that policy as well. The legal immigration process is protracted as it is and wholesale banning of potential immigrants already in the pipeline due to religious reasons is moronic.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: neo96

If that is what you believe, then perhaps you did not read it properly. It specifically said that the dance has changed, and that those leading it have changed roles in the dance. That is the exact opposite of business as usual.

I find it ironic that the Right keeps claiming the Left wants to control people.

Here's your mirror.

I know right. Banning muslims (temporarily), forcing mexico to build a wall. Sounds pretty authoritarian to me...

When I first got into online politics, way back in 1998 - - I went in as a Republican.

Republicans are in complete denial of their authoritarianism.

By 2009 when MSN Groups shut down, I was in opposition.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I like trump, but i am not a person who simply "obeys", in fact I love to challenge authority. I like him because he tells it like it is and many of his policies make sense. If anything he is anti- authority as he challenges many main stream ideals.

I think this is just anti- trump propaganda if anything the left tries to push things then labels you a monster for disagreeing. Example I disagree with climate change (Carbon imperialism) if i tell this to my "liberal" peers at my collage this i am automatically wrong with out even being heard out. They treat me like im worst then a Nazi.

I am do not identify with any political ideology i just support what i think is right based on research and personal beliefs.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Hey now.

That social security cattle number is a FACT.

Over 75 years of gun control and authoritarian REGULATION is a FACT.

Climate change is a 'fact' says the LEFT that why we need more AUTHORITARIANISM regulation to subjugate the people in to submission.

To where the STATE controls the very land,air, and water.

Too funny.

Funny how the LEFT consistently pushes REGULATION which is pure authoritarianism.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

History has proven that walls and other fixed fortifications are minimally effective. We have other immigration policies which need to be more stringently enforced or addressed before contemplating building a wall and hoping for reimbursement from another nation.

History has proven the exact opposite. The Great Wall of China for example. There is a reason people would build motes around castles. You have to have some form of security, the honor system simply doesn't work.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

And Yet there is no honor system for gun owners,bankers, ceo's, and corporations.

Illegal immigrants are 'special' that is why they are above the law.

Says the left.

That's more pot calling the kettle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join