It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Year of Lethal Violence, Extremist Groups Expanded Ranks in 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Logarock

Should I? I'm not the one making claims of having made comparisons. I posted my OP with its data. I've also posted another source on the first page that showed that domestic terrorism is 7 times more likely to result in you being harmed than muslim terrorism.

BS from a BS source. Its just that simple. Only a shill would post SPLC as a respectable anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Oh cool. The ultimate sign of being out of arguments. Call your opponent a shill. Good job. It's like the ATS version of Godwin's Law.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What is wrong with people in this thread? He is talkin 'bout extremists groups, keyword... extremists. Not in one place did he mention or allude to race, nationality, culture or gender.

Idiotic Americans taking the law into their own hands, preaching hate, then shooting up places.

Good god folks need some reading comprehension.

Read it again please.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh cool. The ultimate sign of being out of arguments. Call your opponent a shill. Good job. It's like the ATS version of Godwin's Law.

SPLC is compromised as a legit, unbiased source.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

According to you. Though I'm still awaiting your better data that shows the stuff reported in the OP isn't true, because the way I see it, it aligns perfectly with what is going on with the public. The media has been fueling a narrative of massive distrust in the government and muslims. It is only natural that anti-government groups and hate groups would increase due to this. Easy logic there. So you are going to need a better argument than, "I don't trust the source". It's rather weak and shows your bias.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's humorous how they say, anti government groups like that automatically makes them evil.

As our government slides further and further into the depths of complete corruption, personally I question the motives and sanity of anyone who is "pro government".

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

So trying to fix the government the legal way is the wrong thing to do, we MUST overrun it with violence?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So trying to fix the government the legal way is the wrong thing to do, we MUST overrun it with violence?

Don't believe I said violence was necessary. Ever.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Don't believe I said violence was necessary. Ever.

That's what these militia groups we are seeing are for. Violently overtaking a government they see as out of control. So violence comes with the package even if you don't mention it.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Our most recent example I can think of would be the recent burns Oregon thing, only violence I noticed there was perpetrated by the government. The violent militia seemed pretty peaceful. I wasn't there of course though.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

They still broke the laws and went about things illegally. They threatened violence numerous times and the guy who DID die is on video having declared that he will be killed before he is taken alive.

In any case, this WASN'T the legal way to bring about change.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So basically out of the 'major' events listed in your source, we have 12 people killed by non muslim extremists. And 14 killed by the former. Hmmmm

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
So basically out of the 'major' events listed in your source, we have 12 people killed by non muslim extremists. And 14 killed by the former. Hmmmm

Do you not know how to reading comprehension? The article is saying that anti-government groups and hate groups grew by 14% in 2015 not that one killed more Americans than the other...
edit on 17-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The article is saying that anti-government groups and hate groups grew by 14% in 2015 not that one killed more Americans than the other...

yet the both sides are involved with equal % and you just want to discuss one side of the coin...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'd agree with you there. It really wasn't the right way to go about things. I'm hoping it doesn't become a trend, it will likely only lead to our freedoms being further curtailed, in an effort to keep us safe.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

The article is saying that anti-government groups and hate groups grew by 14% in 2015 not that one killed more Americans than the other...

yet the both sides are involved with equal % and you just want to discuss one side of the coin...

Here you go again with that "one side of the coin" strawman. I am discussing something that is rarely discussed about the direction our country is going. Clearly you want to just talk about Muslims since you seem upset that I'm not talking about them. We talk about Muslims enough and I'm not going to entertain your silly argument here that is intended to distract from the information I've provided. Go start your own thread to whine about Muslims.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

I'd agree with you there. It really wasn't the right way to go about things. I'm hoping it doesn't become a trend, it will likely only lead to our freedoms being further curtailed, in an effort to keep us safe.

But that is the thing this article is pointing out. With the rise of these groups, expect a rise in actions like the Oregon standoff. Hate crimes against Muslims is already on the rise.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I find it hard to take the SPLC seriously sadly...

From Wiki

It says that hate group activities may include speeches, marches, rallies, meetings, publishing, leafleting, and criminal acts such as violence.

Other than incitement & violence, I can't agree with their labelling of hate groups.

Leaflets and marches...
Come on, SPLC.

I agree with you, criticism is not the same thing, yet speech is now coming under fire, and they are trying to classify criticism and such as "hate group activities"

I see speech as being protected, as well as peaceful marches and pamphlets etc. Apparently, the government is changing, and the constitution is being thrown away.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Forget about Muslims, this is a MUCH more significant threat to our lives than Muslim extremism. Idiotic Americans taking the law into their own hands).

You juxtaposed Islamic extremism to right wing extremism in the OP yet you do not want any talk about Islamic extremism? I think that falls into the category of unrealistic expectations my friend.

When we talk about right wing extremism are we talking about those guys in Oregon who ended up losing one of their own, with no lives lost outside of themselves? Or the guys who threw bacon at a mosque? Or how about the Christian guy that wouldn't bake a cake?

I think extremism in any form is disgusting, however and there is important nuance to be understood here, Islamic extremism is the number one threat to humanity as a whole at this juncture in time.

So sure, lets take care of our idiots (and we do) but also lets confront Islam and the doctorine that spawns jihadists who cut heads off kill babies, oppress women, blow up innocent people the list goes on and on. Even worse this failed ideology is being imported into the west at unprecedented rates. Right wing extremism I believe will increase and should be expected to increase as Islamic extremism spreads unhinged.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I didn´t you did. I have not mentioned m-people not once in this thread. I was talking about patriotism which you are willingly dooming in the sake of PC and rendering patriotism evil in so many levels.
So tell me what is wrong with patriotism. What would be your ideal country alike. Patriotism as i see is the very foundation of USA.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join