It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE Syrian MSF Hospital Kept Location Secret to Avoid Being Bombed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Because maybe they didn't?

Then why the contradictions? It's MH-17 all over again.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Fascinating. According to a spokesperson for the Syrian government," it is entirely Doctors Without Borders fault that their hospitals are getting bombed because they haven't told the Syrian government where they are. Anyway, they're all French spies and, oh yeah, I almost forgot, the Americans did it."

Does Syria actually expect anyone to believe them?

Incredible!!!

I've seen broken logic several times, but never as broken as this!!

Seriously DJW001, what the "F*" are you thinking?!?

I mean, I've seen you inappropriately try to place blame on Russia et al before, but at least in those instances there was some small "gray" area extant. This time however, you don't have that luxury...

Logically: IF you do not tell me where you are, then you must accept the random chance that I may do something to you directly that is unintended. Without knowing your location, you become just like all other locations, and are unavoidable...

In short; this was the fault of the Doctors, and NOT Syria or Russia. Kind of makes One wonder about the competence of those "Doctors"...they seem a bit . . . slow".

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I've seen broken logic several times, but never as broken as this!!

Seriously DJW001, what the "F*" are you thinking?!?

It's not what I am thinking, it's what the Syrian authorities are thinking. MSF has good reason to believe that Assad's troops have deliberately targeted hospitals in the past, so they did not inform Syrian officials where they are. I once again remind you that MSF is a neutral aid organization. They are not making these claims up any more than they made up the claim that the US attacked one of their hospitals in Afghanistan.

First, the Syrians claim that they cannot be responsible for hitting MSF hospitals if they don't know where they are. This is true, obviously, and if they apologized for hitting a couple by accident, that wouldn't be so bad. But they didn't apologize. Also, it probably isn't hard to figure out that the buildings that your recon drones spot stretchers being carried into are probably hospitals, so that excuse doesn't really wash, either.

What do they do next? They accuse MSF of being run by French intelligence. Why? To make MSF hospitals appear to be legitimate targets in the event evidence surfaces that maybe they really were hit by Syrian missiles.

Which is it? Was it an accident because the Syrians didn't know it was a hospital? Or was it a strike against a legitimate military target? Nope, it was really the US led coalition, who had no reason to bomb an asset that was helping the fighters they support. Does that sound reasonable to you?

It is as though we heard a crash, turned around and saw a car T-boning another car in the middle of an intersection. The driver of the car that ran the red light and caused the crash leaps out and starts screaming: "This is all your fault! You should have pulled off the road when you saw me coming! Besides, you are a thief trying to scam some insurance money, and besides, I'm not even driving a car; this car must be someone else's!"

Now some people are saying: "I didn't see anything. How do we know they even crashed?" And: "It's cool, lots of people crash cars."

But carry on defending a regime that targets hospitals.
edit on 18-2-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It's not what I am thinking, it's what the Syrian authorities are thinking.

Well, Actually, I can imagine what the Syrian authorities were thinking; you on the other hand...broken logic.

First, the Syrians claim that they cannot be responsible for hitting MSF hospitals if they don't know where they are. This is true, obviously, and if they apologized for hitting a couple by accident, that wouldn't be so bad. But they didn't apologize. Also, it probably isn't hard to figure out that the buildings that your recon drones spot stretchers being carried into are probably hospitals, so that excuse doesn't really wash, either.

When an event happens that I was not responsible for; I do not apologize, its kind of a Human Nature sort of thing...since the event was not "my bad".

So, it would seem that, while rather insensitive, the Syrian authority has done nothing wrong here, and, it should be the MSF people apologizing to the Syrian people for being such "stupid Dicks". They obviously haven't the intelligence, nor forethought for what they are attempting.

But carry on defending a regime that targets hospitals.

You misunderstand! I'm not defending Syria, nor Russia; I'm defending logic, common sense, truth, and reality! (you seem to leave much of that behind at times)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You misunderstand! I'm not defending Syria, nor Russia; I'm defending logic, common sense, truth, and reality

No you are not, and you know it. Good night.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

When an event happens that I was not responsible for; I do not apologize, its kind of a Human Nature sort of thing...since the event was not "my bad".

And when something happens that is not your fault, do you make excuses?

So, it would seem that, while rather insensitive, the Syrian authority has done nothing wrong here, and, it should be the MSF people apologizing to the Syrian people for being such "stupid Dicks". They obviously haven't the intelligence, nor forethought for what they are attempting.

You don't apologize for trying to save lives in a war zone, especially when civilians and hospitals are being targeted. Why are you insulting an organization that would even save your life, no questions asked?
edit on 19-2-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: the2ofusr1

Why would the US bomb a hospital treating its allies?

To demonize Russia--a false flag operation. Have you heard of a false flag before?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Salander
I don't have an opinion on MH17, this is the Ukrainian flight according to my memory which I hope is not deceiving me, but think that it is impossible to ever know the truth of that. But yes, the West loves demonizing or killing/destabilizing whoever do not follow their agenda.

True. However, we can get a feeling for what really happened based upon how the "investigation" is proceeding, and what is certain is that the "investigation" has a lot of foot-dragging and secrecy going on.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why don't you want to give this thread a rest? What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Everything has already been said nothing more to be added.

Let's summarize before you stop annoying people with your pathetic agendas: if this attack ever happened, MSF hold half responsibility for not giving their location, so how can anyone know where not to bomb?

That's about it. Now my question to you. What are you trying to accomplish?

edit on 19-2-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Why don't you want to give this thread a rest?

Why do you want to bury it?

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

I want to remind certain people who they are cheering for.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

To demonize Russia--a false flag operation. Have you heard of a false flag before?

Ding-ding-ding! Congratulations, you've said the secret word! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that. How would accusing Syria of bombing hospitals long before Russia joined the fray demonize Russia? Why are you so obsessed with defending Russia, even when Russia is not being discussed? This is about the Assad regime.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The secrecy may be for the benefit of the investigation. If people keep prying into it then the results might not be so correct. Not saying these are my thoughts on the subject. Just an alternative way of looking at it. What I don't understand is if both Ukrainians and Russians use the same system (BUK) then how could there ever be a legitimate claim that either side did it?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I want to remind certain people who they are cheering for.

Who are they cheering for? For legal government who didn't have any idea where MSF hospital even was, because they refused to give them their location?

Am I missing something? You know, when you want to see something so bad, you start getting delusional and see things that are not there. Not saying that it is happening to you, but seriously, what on earth do you think you are accomplishing?

Why do you want to bury it?

I've already said why. Everything has been already said, we're just going in circles, and you just want to prove your imaginary point how is everyone else just as bad as the US. Sorry to tell you, but no way in hell.

If Stalin was still alive, he would be proud of the US actions.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Who are they cheering for? For legal government who didn't have any idea where MSF hospital even was, because they refused to give them their location?

For a dictatorial regime that permitted ISIS to grow so that they would look good by comparison. If Syria did not bomb the hospitals, why did they look for an excuse? Why did they justify it by accusing MSF of espionage? Why did they blame it on US supported troops without any evidence? And why are exactly the same people who were screaming bloody murder when the US attacked an MSF hospital in Afghanistan acting like it is perfectly okay for Syria to bomb an MSF hospital? And why do certain people keep dragging Russia into this? Assad was bombing hospitals while invading Ukraine was still a gleam in Putin's eye.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Wait, are you saying it's Assad's fault for the creation of ISIS? Holy, the ignorance. When are you going to wake up and see the truth? When are you going to see who really stands behind ISIS's creation? Who supplies them? Who said they were bombing them for a year, but did absolutely nothing?

You realize that you will not be able to deny the truth for much longer, right?

And for the last time, what part of they didn't know where the hospital was you don't understand?

I swear I'll get banned if I keep engaging into discussion with you...Either you are blindly ignorant, or you just think we are fools.

edit on 19-2-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You don't apologize for trying to save lives in a war zone, especially when civilians and hospitals are being targeted.

Actually, I've not seen, nor even heard of, any evidence that this "secret hospital" was targeted.

And, of course, it remains to be understood how an unknown location can be "targeted". Perhaps you could explain just how to target something with an unknown location.

Why are you insulting an organization that would even save your life, no questions asked?

I'm not! Remember Forest Gump? "Stupid is; as stupid does." Keeping the location of One's hospital from the legitimate government during a war is just plain stupid. It demonstrates a level of negligent thought, or rather the negligent lack of thought. In a case such as this; Criminal negligence that casts a cloud of suspicion upon the entire organization.

We should be asking; just who is it that tries to run a hospital, and provide help in such a nonprofessional manner. Who is it that is resorting to such criminally negligent methods to...well in this case get the victims of war further involved in that war's human destruction?

Course we could also ask why it is that you don't think these things through?

While I applaud what these nearly incompetent "doctors" are trying to do; I vehemently condemn their lack of thought, and foresight. The end result of their "vector" is in fact criminal, and does not serve the Syrian people or community at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Actually, I've not seen, nor even heard of, any evidence that this "secret hospital" was targeted.

Denialism. Here is what RT has to say:

“Concerning the hospital which was destroyed, in actual fact it was destroyed by the American Air Force. The Russian Air Force has nothing to do it with,” Ambassador Riad Haddad told Rossiya 24 television. The ambassador added that there is “intelligence information” that proves that the warplanes of the US coalition struck the hospital.

Meanwhile Skvortsova stressed that Russian airplanes working in the area only target jihadist infrastructure.

www.rt.com...

So... if they didn't know where the hospitals were, how could they be certain that they weren't "jihadist infrastructure?" The only way they could know for certain that they didn't hit hospitals would be if they knew where the hospitals were.

www.rt.com... of course, it remains to be understood how an unknown location can be "targeted". Perhaps you could explain just how to target something with an unknown location.

The Russians cite "intelligence information," which I am positive that we will never see, that "proves" that the US led coalition struck the hospital. How could the hospitals be targeted? Intelligence information, which the Russians admit to having.

Keeping the location of One's hospital from the legitimate government during a war is just plain stupid. It demonstrates a level of negligent thought, or rather the negligent lack of thought. In a case such as this; Criminal negligence that casts a cloud of suspicion upon the entire organization.

On the other hand, keeping the location of a hospital secret from a criminal regime that has been known to target civilians and hospitals is extremely wise.

We should be asking; just who is it that tries to run a hospital, and provide help in such a nonprofessional manner. Who is it that is resorting to such criminally negligent methods to...well in this case get the victims of war further involved in that war's human destruction?

Why do you continue to smear a charitable organization that has been criticized for treating wounded on both sides of any conflict? You should be applauding them for continuing in their mission despite the deliberate attempt to frighten them off.

Course we could also ask why it is that you don't think these things through?

You're the one who can't seem to wrap your head around the concept "intelligence information."

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Wait, are you saying it's Assad's fault for the creation of ISIS?

No, but rather than focus his efforts on crushing ISIS, Assad focused on the homegrown rebels, allowing ISIS to fill the power vacuum. This was a matter of policy. Assad knew that the group would commit atrocities that he could use to blacken the legitimate rebels. Note how even now he has been focused on Aleppo, which is not controlled by ISIS, and the ISIS controlled oil fields are still in business... staffed, reportedly, by Russian engineers.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

On the other hand, keeping the location of a hospital secret from a criminal regime that has been known to target civilians and hospitals is extremely wise.

I'm sure that they are trying to keep their location secure from ISIS. H
owever, keeping it from the legitimate government is just plain stupid! As has been evidenced...

Why do you continue to smear a charitable organization that has been criticized for treating wounded on both sides of any conflict? You should be applauding them for continuing in their mission despite the deliberate attempt to frighten them off.

Because they are/were stupid! They are guilty of criminal negligence for not thinking through their plans and actions.They are currently a self-defeating bunch of hopeless idiots who are causing far more harm than good! The individuals who are responsible for the decisions made in this tragic case should be arrested, and jailed! And, never allowed to practice medicine again!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm sure that they are trying to keep their location secure from ISIS. However, keeping it from the legitimate government is just plain stupid! As has been evidenced...

Is this a confession that you think it is possible that the "legitimate government" may have accidentally attacked a neutral hospital? If they had, it would make sense for them to hold MSF responsible for not keeping them informed. Instead, the Russians claim to have "intelligence information." Are you beginning to understand the OP now? Syria is not telling a consistent story. The parallel to MH-17 is that if they just admitted it was a mistake and offered to pay damages, as the United States did when it attacked an MSF hospital, it would have been a forgivable "fog of war" incident. Instead, they are denying, blaming, and claiming to have evidence that someone else did it, without being able to explain why it was done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join