It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis in a rare display of public anger as the faithful almost pull him to the ground

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
First off I'd like to say I like Pope Frank and think this incident shows the human side of the man.

The Pope was out on a meet and greet with the faithful during his visit to Mexico when he was almost pulled to the ground by some in the more overenthusiastic crowd members as they grabbed his hand , Francis remonstrated with them saying "Don't be selfish, don't be selfish" and looking none to pleased.

He may be the nearest thing to God in the Catholic church but he's only Human.

edit on 17-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not so forgiving now is he.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Old man admonishes crowd for ill conceived attempt to start mosh pit, more at eleven.

To be honest, no matter what clobber you wear, nearly getting knocked off balance is never pleasant, and is not in any job description relevant to the employment of a senior citizen.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
the false pope shows his true colours

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
He's the best pope i've seen in my lifetime to be honest. He's a good man.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Wait, crazy religious people did something... crazy??...

Well this must be the first time ever!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It looks to me like he is obviously concerned about the child he was pulled on top of.

Who wouldn't be a little angry.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: haven123

His true colours? He sells the gold chair the previous pope had and donates the money to people who need it. He sneaks off to serve dinners to people who need it dressed in common clothes. He has better views on people than previous popes....

How is telling someone off in the crowd who has obviously done something like push in front of someone else "dont be selfish, dont be selfish" a "finally showing his true colours"? type of thing. He's a good bloke I reckon from what I've seen and heard of him.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
a reply to: haven123

His true colours? He sells the gold chair the previous pope had and donates the money to people who need it. He sneaks off to serve dinners to people who need it dressed in common clothes. He has better views on people than previous popes....

How is telling someone off in the crowd who has obviously done something like push in front of someone else "dont be selfish, dont be selfish" a "finally showing his true colours"? type of thing. He's a good bloke I reckon from what I've seen and heard of him.

still seems dodgy

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Wait, crazy religious people did something... crazy??...

Well this must be the first time ever!

originally posted by: haven123
the false pope shows his true colours

Atheist here. You guys are trying way to hard. Go back to your Dawkins playlist on Youtube. Nothing crazy happened in this video, and there was no over-reaction from the pope. I assure you, had it been me getting pulled off balance by some dumb enthusiastic crowd member for no reason, they would have recieved a much more stern response.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

He sneaks off to serve dinners to people who need it dressed in common clothes.

You watch to much TV.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Is he mad because of his celebrity status or that people try to grab on him?

Like any other rock star, the Pope 'sells' his celebrity by 'touring' . He's just a man, but worshipped as a demi god.

Promotes hierarchy instead of equality.

If he dressed in 'normal' clothing, imagine the loss of revenue. Just wondering, do we have a picture of this guy at home by the fire or on the golf course?

What does the Pope look like when he's off duty?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lets not forget where he is...a spanish speaking country like most of South America where the predominant religion is Catholicism. He's there to ensure the faithful stay faithful. Nothing like a Papal visit to keep the coffers rolling in money.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Where's the shot of him morphing into a reptile and eating one of these dudes?

They probably won't post that.

What century is this again?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The video is much to do about nothing, in my opinion.

I'm a regular ol' Sunday Mass attending, Church group volunteering fella (in the event that means anything).

As I have stated in other posts, I feel there are two parts of this part of my life:

1) Faith: My relationship with God.

2) Religion: The organized mechanism; the structure of the Church, the rituals, etc.

My two cents: Just like there will never be a "perfect" politician or a "perfect" friend or even a "perfect" spouse that I agree with 100% of the time... there will never be a "perfect" Pope. That being said, I am not a fan of the current Pope. I cringe when I hear him speak because of the severity of his hypocrisy. When the Vatican starts selling off even a small amount of their prize possessions, whether that be artifacts or works of art, and gives it to the poor as he keeps trying to shame everyone else into doing, I will take him seriously. When the Vatican becomes a "sanctuary city" and deals with the bums, criminals and vagrants, as he continuously tries to force developed nations to take on illegal immigrants, then I may take him seriously.

Referencing my above two points about my spiritual beliefs.... this Pope (nor any other Pope ever) can shake my Faith. However, this Pope is causing some internal conflict with my religion.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sorry DeRage but WHAT

He sells A gold chair

The pope is in control of more money than evert US tv evangelist and sells A gold chair

Let me cheer him as well

The irony
edit on 17-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
He is in fact human.
I have heard many Catholic priests mention the fact that we all are human, and as such, we sin.
I have even heard a few say that the Pope is human and commits sins.

And just because it happened last night: A priest told my daughter that Jesus was not a vegan (she supposed that he was), since he ate lamb at the Last Supper Passover dinner.
edit on b000000292016-02-17T09:05:43-06:0009America/ChicagoWed, 17 Feb 2016 09:05:43 -0600900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Observing the video - he seemed to only be concerned for the child in the wheel chair that someone was pulling his body into.

It is more of a "tough love" to say "Don't be selfish, don't be selfish" to someone obviously disregarding altruism to get their "share" of the pope over the comfort of others.

Any enlightened teacher can express anger as long as the heart is behind it then it is a temper of high order.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is he he also pushing Carbon imperialism? i also hear he is pope against the own rules of the church. I think he is in on the new world order. i also think that he is a false idol, just a man who people look at like he is god. i thought Christians where not supposed to do that.
edit on 17-2-2016 by CosmicSmack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I imagine the words, "la concha de tu madre", were also said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join