It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psy-Op That Was The MNWR Occupation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There was a psy-op that took place along with the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation, in the form of the government's response. A psychological model was likely developed of the situation and the occupiers to help deal with it. This is a thread to discuss that approach: the details of it's philosophy, methods, and implementation. How did our executive branch approach this situation mentally. I know there are some insiders and experts here who can help to provide some insight on the topic. Please do tell. Don't get yourself in trouble by revealing too much, of course. What you can though, please do tell. What was goin' on in Uncle Sam's head once the wheels started turning?

Arguments about whether Finicum was murdered or not, the constitutional legal issues, whether the Bundys were right or not, etc., are not welcome here. If you must broach these in discussion, perhaps try to frame it as an either or or something like that. For instance: 'If they meant to take Finicum out they would have done this, if they meant to apprehend him they would have done this.' Only as a hypothetical please, and only in the context of providing context for how the psy-op was operating. You know what I mean.

I'm asking for heavy moderation on this one. Off topic argument should not be tolerated, in my opinion. Please help me out on this one, mods. This thread is to study, learn about, and share information and wisdom on the nature of the psychological operational response to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Let's try and keep it to that please.

This is also not a thread to discuss whether the MNWR occupation was staged as a psy-op. If you want to discuss that possibility go make a thread on it. Maybe I'll make one just to prevent people posting about it in here, if it becomes a problem. Hope not. A thread on a more general discussion of the government's response is linked here, so if you think you can add to that discussion please do so.
ATS Thread-The Government's Response To The MNWR Occuptaion

I know there are at least a few experts on this topic on the board so I'm really looking forward to hearing what they have to contribute. Any links, opinions, or quotes I posted at this point would be ignorant so I will instead sit back and wait for those more knowledgable than me to add to the discussion.
edit on 17-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: edit link

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
As Waco, was, and countless other acts committed in the last decades....instigated by The FBI, BATF,DEA,NSA, and perhaps even more sinister agencies.....Psyops is and has been employed in every instance that it could be injected into the meme...
if im even using the term correctly....
The shooting of JFK was a psyops.....Oklahoma city.....
All these and many more....either instigated, turned, or used, to re enforce the agenda.....
The method of traumatizng people then screwing them over while they cant really think straight with all the propaganda bombarding them is well and truly tested....
Ask me ill bet 90% of what we get is part of the psyop....

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I think it is important to be clear on something here.

Are you talking about whether the occupation itself was a psyop, or are you talking about the governments response to it? The only reason I ask, is that if you are speaking of the latter, rather than the former, then the matter could have been discussed in your other, similar thread, as you linked to in your OP.

For what it is worth, to have the two threads running at once is somewhat superfluous, since the facts pertaining to both threads, lead to logical conclusions which cannot be extruded or divided from one another. They are, in effect, the same query, and have the same answers, such that to try and discuss one apart from the other is to deny both strands of the thing the attention they deserve. If you separate the hydrogen from the oxygen, the water no longer exists, and in the same way, to reduce this situation and discussion of it down to the point where these two discussions are necessary in tandem, makes both of them incapable of educating the participants to the maximum possible degree, about how things went down, and indeed what the big picture is, with those conclusions in mind.

To be clear about what we are discussing here is paramount.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Any event like this is going to have a behavioral and psychological analysis done on at least the "leaders" of the incident. These are done by psychologists at a strategic level and then fed to the people on the ground in an effort to tweak and adapt the approach used on a tactical level.

What we saw in Waco was ground commanders ignoring and/or overriding the analyses given and the efforts by negotiators to implement them. On top of that, the negotiators weren't even all working from the same playbook.

How the profiles and analyses are created, I don't know the details of beyond "psychology."

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Ahhhhh... the $64,000. I think it's safe to say that if it wasn't a planned psy-op planned and executed by the govt, that their response certainly was. My best (somewhat informed and educated) guess is that the protest rally for the Hammonds was totally grassroots and legit.... but the feds hijacked the intent and spirit of the Hammonds protest rally for their own purposes, and the "occupation" was planned and staged by the feds. Why? Hmmm... I don't think there is one answer. It was partly to distract from the legitimate protest of malicious prosecution and double jeopardy incarceration of the Hammonds, as well as the BLM and FWS' dirty deeds... partly to totally and completely discredit those protesting and challenging the abuse of force and power by the fed agencies... partly to lay a trap for those who had participated in the Bundy standoff in Nevada... partly to intimidate and frighten would-be challenges and protests to the fed authority... partly to distract from the uranium mining deals in progress... and Heaven only knows what all else.

Interestingly enough, I found this article last night, from Jan 8:

Is The Oregon Occupation Being Stage-Managed?

The author is definitely coming from the left, and has no sympathy for the occupiers or their cause, but thinks it's govt orchestrated start to finish --

"Armed with my bull# detector, and with full knowledge that many potential angry emailers have already stopped reading, I dive into the morass that is the #OregonOccupation".

It's an interesting read, and seems pertinent to the OP -- but my apologies if I'm just derailing!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

See paragraph 4 of the OP. I tried to create a thread on the theory that it was a staged psy-op the same night I created this one, just to divert people that wanted to discuss that theory over there rather than have them here. It got deleted though. Maybe the mod didn't get the nuance, or maybe we're supposed to discuss them both here. I'm going to try and re-create the other thread again, and change this thread's title a little. Maybe that'll do it.

Oh, and disagree with your thought that they are two inseperable topics. On the contrary, they are two notably distinct topics.

top topics

join