It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being engaged in activities that require complete focus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My best creative work gets done when I engage myself in activities that require complete focus or complete separation such as meditation, chanting, boxing, jiu jitsu, or running, or prayer real intense prayer.

A question I have is, what is it about these experiences that put me in touch with a creative force? What's he source of this kind of energy and what is it about me the comes into contact with it and on what frequency does it exist on?

What methods do you use to tap into this force and what's the experience of that energy like and do you use it for good?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I find I am my most creative when I'm laying in bed at night trying to go to sleep. Maybe it is because all of the noise from the day is gone and it is just time to self reflect. I keep a notepad near me in case I have ideas (I also have Amazon Echo so I can tell it ideas to write down for me).

I think it comes down to clearing your mind.

edit on 16-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

I agree clearing your mind has a lot to do with.

But what about when you allow your thoughts to carry you into the dream world?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

I agree clearing your mind has a lot to do with.

But what about when you allow your thoughts to carry you into the dream world?

Well, unless I am exhausted, I need to sort of "fantasize" or let my imagination run wild to let myself fall asleep. Sometimes that helps me uncover some exciting things too.

As for meditation, I find it very difficult to completely clear my head of thoughts and focus on my breathing. Naturally, my subconscious takes over and my thoughts run down their own paths. I find the most rewarding part of meditation (or attempted meditation) is the interesting things my mind goes to on auto-pilot as I try to focus on my breathing. That rabbit hole is something I recommend everyone venture down.
edit on 16-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

link   
Watching a fishing float for a few hours is wonderful for clearing the mind.
I used to also get the same peace from fencing with an epee.
Riding a motorcycle though is my Nirvana. There is nothing that comes between me and the ride when I'm out on the bike.

link   
double trouble
edit on 48pTue, 16 Feb 2016 20:02:48 -060020162016-02-16T20:02:48-06:00kAmerica/Chicago29000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Focus is key because you drown out other stimuli. Some of my more intense moments have come while programming in a language I'm fairly competent at, i.e.: Not in learning mode but in journeyman production mode. The intense feeling I get when pulling together the programming tools to create an effect on the computer screen or the result in a perfect print-out is not even fully explainable except that I derive an intense satisfaction from it and am totally oblivious to outside stuff, like eating. It's a "zone" of sorts. I've also felt it sometimes while writing when it's like the words flow to the keyboard on their own and I am just an observer in the process.

While programming and coming up with a solution to a particularly gnarly problem it's like I feel I'm a genius to have figured it out and nobody has ever done anything better and too bad the world will never know because the world simply would not understand the absolute genius of what I have done. I know that sounds egotistical, but I don't know ANY programmers who have NOT had this kind of thought about something they have done. It's like being the member of a secret society.

Doesn't happen to me much any more. My brain cells are dying off, and I'm cool with that. :-)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Intent puts us there.
The source of this kind of energy is intent, through food. Fasting allows the energy to drain from already assimilated food so digestive energy is partly rerouted to the kind of energy you mention.
Lack of pre-occupation does the same.
The method most direct to tap into this force is unity of our many personality traits.
Using it for good makes one live in heaven.
To use it for good, the dominant personality trait must also be good.
Those whose naturally dominant personality trait is not good think it is until they see other wise.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
1. I have discovered as a designer, the more I make the more creative I get. The act of making create creativity for me.

2. Also contrast also inspire and help me solve problems; as in pivoting. If i find myself stuck on some block of codes while I'm programming, I'll take a walk or play something like baduk/go. And when I return to it, it almost always seem magically solved. I think this works because it changes your perspective.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Also, when you do physical activity, you are firing things in your brain and get the wheel spinning.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I focus best while I'm under pressure. I spend to much time fiddling around when I have all day.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can use almost any activity to get into the transcendental "zone" but Tantric sex and playing jazz with other good musicians is the quickest way to get there for me.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Dont try and bend the spoon, the truth is, is that there is no spoon.

I get crazy pictures, situations and feelings in my mind or wherever u call it, they twist and bend and claw their way out so I am compelled to draw them and I usually have to draw the same thing 4 or 5 times till all the details come out and it is always an exercise in focus and patience.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I get the same kind of kick out of scripting on MUD games with massive scripts.

I really enjoy MOBA games too.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well now I know to much about you olaru...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I race cars, but it requires so much of my focus I'm not really creative.... Sure I may get into the zone and think more quickly/feel more aware, but I'm absolutely focused on the task at hand and not really being creative......

Sorry, I don't really get what you mean...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
When I was a teenager I had a job washing dishes. I loved it because I could just zone out and go on auto-pilot and would get into some really deep and creative thought. Same thing with mowing the lawn. There is something zen like about those task for me. They require enough focus that you cant really do anything else but they require almost no thought so the mind is free to roam.Really relaxing. Maybe I'm on the wrong side of this minimum wage debate. Perhaps the bus boy has the right idea and I have been doing it all wrong

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

My most creative thinking comes about randomly. Sadly, I am usually not able to induce situations that lead me to thinking creatively. It would be nice to know the secret to doing so as pretty much all the methods mentioned by you and others don't seem to do the trick consistently.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
what is it about these experiences that put me in touch with a creative force? What's he source of this kind of energy and what is it about me the comes into contact with it and on what frequency does it exist on?

Fate. Once your mind, heart and body puts a thought into action through effort, then a link is opened up to the spiritual realm that allows energy to flow into you.

This positive energy then molds your creative thoughts and allows them to manifest.

Maybe one day, one of your high attention creative MUD scripts will manifest and become real in your dreams because it came from the goodness of your heart.

i have a C# flight sim program using Google Earth API as its viewer that hopefully will one day become reality if mankind is able to fly without using physical objects.

top topics

join