It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash-only marijuana dispensaries flood California tax office with paper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
theguardian

The Sacramento branch of the California tax collection agency reeks of marijuana.

That’s because it’s cash day at the collection center – when marijuana dispensary owners are allowed to bring in paper money to pay their quarterly sales tax bill – and the smell of their inventory clings to everything.

California, like all states with any form of legalized marijuana, faces a growing problem over the federal government’s position that cannabis remains a Schedule 1 illegal drug, classified the same way as meth or coc aine, with no legal uses – and therefore no legal access to traditional banks.

This is ridiculous. When will people say enough is enough? Upright business owners are trying to pay their tax bills with cash, only because they cannot open a bank account. So now these business owners are required to walk around with large amounts of "smelly" cash, deliver it to a tax office that is not really secure enough to handle these amounts of cash, and place many peoples lives at risk.

There is no reason for these businesses to not be allowed access to banking systems that could provide more security and opportunity for all involved. Government run amok.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
North korea is more lax with pot than the US. To me that says it all.

Its no big deal there and in most of the world. Here in the US and other western nations you could get shot like a criminal for smoking a joint and getting busted by an idiot rambo cop.

link   

So now these business owners are required to walk around with large amounts of "smelly" cash, deliver it to a tax office that is not really secure enough to handle these amounts of cash, and place many peoples lives at risk.

Literally, raking it in?

They love it.

link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Welcome to America!

What about the gun manufacturers?

Oh no problem right?

This is how stupid we've become. We ignorant monkeys at best and it's only getting worse.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

All the more reason to ban it, mate.

No wonder Kim always has that stupid smile on his face with Red Eye.

I bet he gets killer munchies as well, judging by his girth.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Sanders 2016!

It must be nerve racking to know all you're money is easily robbed from you because the feds won't let you bank.

Sanders 2016!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That might explain the food shortage in NoKo and why they're resorting to cannibalism.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
California needs as much tax dollars as possible.

Wreaking of bud or not. Let the honest business owners pay their taxes with what ever odor cash they have on hand and Cali start dealing with the deficit!!!

Win/Win

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Welcome to America, where logic is outlawed and the constitution doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It will be legalized when old people die.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Welcome to America, where logic is outlawed and the constitution doesn't matter.

What is so illogical to me is every state and the Feds keep whining about needing to raise taxes, when the biggest tax raiser known is staring them right in the eye! Can you imagine the possibilities? This could lead to more Hemp production as well. That would be another boost to business and tax revenue, yet some old codger's and holier than thou's won't give up their outdated beliefs. So, here we sit. UGH!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

In Colorado some banks make the dispensaries ionize their cash deposits. The funniest thing about this is the dispensaries can't deposit the money in the bank because the bank would be laundering drug money. But it's okay for the state to deposit cash from licencing fees into their federal master account. Somehow that's legal...
The hypocrisy runs deep.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm still shocked at NKs stance towards it.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

In Colorado some banks make the dispensaries ionize their cash deposits. The funniest thing about this is the dispensaries can't deposit the money in the bank because the bank would be laundering drug money. But it's okay for the state to deposit cash from licencing fees into their federal master account. Somehow that's legal...
The hypocrisy runs deep.

AL Capone would still be running around free, extremely old, but, if only he had paid his taxes.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
When the government gets addicted to the tax revenue from pot sales and realize they can`t live without that money only then will they make it completely legal, I think that day is coming very soon.

I remember when lotteries were illegal then a few states realized how much money they could make from lotteries so they legalized it and before long every state had legalized lotteries.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Let us pray.
Dear God, please federally legalize marijuana & may all the cash dollars in existence reek of its stench.
Amen.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

...that pot is a great way to keep repressed people distracted?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I was under the impression the AG changed medical marijuana status in the CSA to allowed in states that pass medical marijuana laws at the end of 2014 (when holder changed the status).
edit on 17-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

going to be a small problem for sniffer dogs on innocent people walking down the street soon i imagine

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

going to be a small problem for sniffer dogs on innocent people walking down the street soon i imagine

Its like any other prescription medication. Keep it in the correct container and dont travel to a state that doesn't allow marijuana possession.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join