It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bernie pays for his proposals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So According to a delusional constitutionally challenged guy named Bernie Sanders this is his 'plan' to pay for all those champagne wishes and caviar schemes of his.

From Sanders own website. Let's take a look at how 'he' is going to pay for all of it.

Champangne Wish's and Caviar Schemes

The Rebuild America Act. His one trillion dollars infrastructure plan:

Paid for by making corporations pay taxes on all of the “profits” they have shifted to the Cayman Islands and other offshore tax havens, which the Congressional Research Services estimates may currently create losses that approach $100 billion annually, and other loopholes.

So basically Sanders wants to get rid of ALL of the tax credits of them evil corporations, and leave everyone else's.

College for all.

Paid for by imposing a tax on Wall Street speculators that would generate about $300 billion in revenue.

That right there people is a tax on every single middle class American that has a 401k,IRA,and Keogh account, and Millions of other Americans that buy stock. Which is what people do when they play the market. Large, and small it doesn't matter.

People are purchasing something on the FAITH it will increase in value. Most of the time it doesn't, Hell in fact any given trading day billions are made, and LOST.

In extreme cases of the sheer stupidity see the 2008 financial crisis. Where it meant a TAX on nothing is NOTHING.

Expand and Extend Social Security:

Paid for by lifting the cap on taxable income above $250,000 so that the wealthy pay the same percentage of their income into Social Security as working people.

Well that's mighty WHITE of you Sanders. I guess it must be that WHITE PRIVILEGE to enslave a minority class that doesn't even need social security.

Youth Jobs Program:

Paid for by ending the carried interest loophole that allows billionaire hedge fund managers to pay a lower tax rate than nurses and truck drivers.

That 'lower' tax rate Sanders is lying about, and neglects to tell you that employers are shelling out half of employees like nurses social security and medicare benefits that are guess what ? PAYROLL taxes.

On top of the INCOME tax they have to pay out for dividend distributions, and other INCOME taxes.

In fact people corporations are taxed multiple times.

Paid Family and Medical Leave:

Paid for by a payroll tax that would total $1.61 a week for the typical American worker. According to Sen. Gillibrand’s office, this would be “a self-sufficient program that would not add to the federal budget.”

So let me get this straight this tax of $1.61 per week is suppose to pay for a person making $250,$350,$450 a week?

Self sufficient my snip.

Protect Pensions:

Paid for by closing two tax loopholes that allow the wealthy to avoid taxes on money they inherit and expensive artwork they collec

So the current death tax isn't enough for Sanders. Sucks to be people like Farmers whose wealth is only determined by real estate value of which they have no control over.

So if they wanted to pass it on to their children they couldn't. Because the state is entitled to something. They never worked for.

Well people seems Sanders has a slobbering love affair with taxation. Someone else's money is going to finance all those delusions.

And guess what ?

That falls on the middle class as much.

After reading all those 'plans' I want you to read THIS.

Some 76 million tax filers, or 46.4 percent of the total, will be exempt from federal income tax in 2011.

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

I love social 'justice' in action.

Don't you?
edit on 16-2-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You are just being a meanie! We need more nice people in the world who will share the wealth!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
You are just being a meanie! We need more nice people in the world who will share the wealth!

I am!

I am also constitutionally literate unlike Sanders.

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Amendment XIV Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

It doesn't matter if Sanders likes rich people or not.

They STILL have the SAME RIGHTS as the 99%.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
And don't forget Sanders can propose all he wants. Taxes and such bills are supposed to originate in the Congress.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Every time I hear Sanders speak.

This is what I see.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So According to a delusional constitutionally challenged guy named Bernie Sanders this is his 'plan' to pay for all those champagne wishes and caviar schemes of his.

From Sanders own website. Let's take a look at how 'he' is going to pay for all of it.

Champangne Wish's and Caviar Schemes

The Rebuild America Act. His one trillion dollars infrastructure plan:

Paid for by making corporations pay taxes on all of the “profits” they have shifted to the Cayman Islands and other offshore tax havens, which the Congressional Research Services estimates may currently create losses that approach $100 billion annually, and other loopholes.

So basically Sanders wants to get rid of ALL of the tax credits of them evil corporations, and leave everyone else's.

College for all.

Paid for by imposing a tax on Wall Street speculators that would generate about $300 billion in revenue.

Whats wrong with that plan??? Thats common sense decency in action!

Sounds good!

That right there people is a tax on every single middle class American that has a 401k,IRA,and Keogh account, and Millions of other Americans that buy stock. Which is what people do when they play the market. Large, and small it doesn't matter.

People are purchasing something on the FAITH it will increase in value. Most of the time it doesn't, Hell in fact any given trading day billions are made, and LOST.

In extreme cases of the sheer stupidity see the 2008 financial crisis. Where it meant a TAX on nothing is NOTHING.

Expand and Extend Social Security:

Paid for by lifting the cap on taxable income above $250,000 so that the wealthy pay the same percentage of their income into Social Security as working people.

Well that's mighty WHITE of you Sanders. I guess it must be that WHITE PRIVILEGE to enslave a minority class that doesn't even need social security.

Again, the right thing to do. wtf…

Youth Jobs Program:

Paid for by ending the carried interest loophole that allows billionaire hedge fund managers to pay a lower tax rate than nurses and truck drivers.

That 'lower' tax rate Sanders is lying about, and neglects to tell you that employers are shelling out half of employees like nurses social security and medicare benefits that are guess what ? PAYROLL taxes.

On top of the INCOME tax they have to pay out for dividend distributions, and other INCOME taxes.

In fact people corporations are taxed multiple times.

yes, well there will not be any need for corporations to "shell out" for medical once it becomes a basic human right.

Paid Family and Medical Leave:

Paid for by a payroll tax that would total $1.61 a week for the typical American worker. According to Sen. Gillibrand’s office, this would be “a self-sufficient program that would not add to the federal budget.”

So let me get this straight this tax of $1.61 per week is suppose to pay for a person making $250,$350,$450 a week?

Probably, since not everyone is going to be on Paid Family Leave at the same time

Self sufficient my snip.

Protect Pensions:

Paid for by closing two tax loopholes that allow the wealthy to avoid taxes on money they inherit and expensive artwork they collec

So the current death tax isn't enough for Sanders. Sucks to be people like Farmers whose wealth is only determined by real estate value of which they have no control over.

The only way to fix our real problems of inequality and overall failure as morally guided nation is to revamp the way taxes are being appropriated and slightly increase taxes.

You really have a problem with this??

Can we not collectively work towards a better future, or is it all about you and yours and everyone else can get f#####?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I see it as 4 choices.

1. Vote Republican and start WW3
2. Vote Trump and risk it like an all in bet at the poker table and possibly start WW3. Maybe end some corruption.
3. Vote Hillary and continue the "status quo".
4. Vote for Bernie and maybe crack down on some of the ridiculous amount of corruption in politics.

I'll go with 4, thanks for the info though.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

The only way to fix our real problems of inequality and overall failure as morally guided nation is to revamp the way taxes are being appropriated and slightly increase taxes.

And the simple solution would to be to abolish the income tax altogether. Instead enslave a MINORITY to pay for every little whim of the mob.

That isn't close to being moral.

That is one of the most CORRUPTED ideologies I have ever seen.

The sad part is some people think that is right as rain.

Yeah I do have a problem with it.

Can we not collectively work towards a better future, or is it all about you and yours and everyone else can get f#####?

We are the borg. I will be assimliated. My biological uniqueness will be added to the collective.

Resistance is futile.

And I guess Sanders thinks himself as Locutus.

Yeah well I am at red alert.

My sheilds are up, and I am getting ready to fire my phasers, and quantum torpedos.

Because I captian the DEFIANT.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Simply put, Democracy was not meant to last....and hasn't over the years of proven history showing such.

Learn how to say Comrade in Spanish because that's were El presidente wants us to move toward if elected.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That isn't getting rid of all tax credits. It's stopping corporations from claiming their headquarters is located in some tax loophole country where they pay little to no taxes while making all their profits here. That's tax evasion and should be illegal in the first place.

Are you pro-corporate tax fraud and shady business practices?? You know one reason everyone else has to pay more in taxes is because these corps are skipping out on theirs making everyone else have to make up for them. Sometimes they even get refunds!!!

Cry all you want but you'll get no sympathy from me for these corporate thieves. We need to close the loopholes that these people exploit. You're crazy if you think that is a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

How about reading the truth instead of pushing Bernies LIES ?

How corporations are taxed.

That not only pay incomes taxes HERE, and where ever they are headquartered.

You know one reason everyone else has to pay more in taxes is because these corps are skipping out on theirs making everyone else have to make up for them.

Someone clearly didn't read this:

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yet another everyone should suffer so the wealthy can continue rape this nation thread by Neo. Time to wake up to reality Neo the people are fed up with the wealthy always getting what they want while this nation goes to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They are ?

The only people 'raping' this country are those 535 KLEPTOCRATS on capitol hill.

Ya know that ONE PERCENT.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Here is another FACT Sanders, and his supporters clearly IGNORE.

IRS data: The top 1% pay 37% of all taxes, the bottom half pay 2%, a blubbering David Letterman can’t believe the facts

What you cannot seem to understand is it's not the amount of dollars they pay in but rather the percentage of their income that is taxed. Why should people like Romney pay 14% of their income while some middle class worker has to pay upwards to 30% of their income.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It appears what some people can't seem to grasp.

A millionaire, A billionaire pays MORE in taxes than everyone else.

Especially when half this country ISN'T paying ANYTHING what so ever.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

They are ?

Then I wonder why the play the lottery so much.

The only people 'raping' this country are those 535 KLEPTOCRATS on capitol hill.

And who owns those kleptocrats? The very people you constantly whine is being persecuted because people want them to pay their fair share in taxes.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm not pushing Bernie's lies.

What I described is how tax shelter countries work. That is what happens when these guys offshore their profits to countries with little or no taxes on corporate profits. Which would be all good if they were actually based in these countries and did the majority of their business there but they don't. They do the majority of business here but get a tax rate based on those other countries.

It's a fact. Look it up. It's not like it's a secret. Get yourself a good team of tax lawyers and you can do it too, but it will cost you.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So let me get this straight a millionaire taxed at 35% isn't paying 'their fair share'. Which comes out to a what $350,000 tax bill to the Federal state, and that's not counting LOCAL and STATE income taxes.

On top of the ACA surcharge TAX.

On top of the MEDICARE Capital Gains TAX.

On top of the 'alternative minimum tax'.

Oh yeah them rich folks sure aren't paying 'their fair share'.

When they clear are paying MORE than their fair share. Since over 76 million Ameircans pay exactly NOTHING.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

They are ?

You should blame them too because they're the ones who took away the laws allowing it to happen in the first place. The reason they did that is because they're in the pockets of these corporations who bribed them to do it.

You're pro-business I know this. You of all people should be pissed about it too because they're screwing you over too because they've rigged the system in their favor. Not in favor of middle class businesses or anyone else because they could never afford the team of legal vampires to do it. It's just for the big boys. The boys with enough money to buy politicians to change laws.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join