It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Church Hosts 'Blasphemous' Play Portraying Jesus as Transexual Woman for Queer Festival

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A controversial play that reimagines Jesus as a transgender woman who refers to God as "Mum" was performed at a church in England during the annual LGBT "sparkle weekend," offending many Christians and Church leaders. The one-woman play by award-winning Scottish playwright Jo Clifford, who has herself changed gender, is called "The Gospel According to Jesus, Queen of Heaven," which imagines Jesus returning to Earth as a "trans woman" and retelling the parables with a transsexual slant.

The play was staged Sunday at St Chrysostom's church in Manchester's Victoria Park as part of the city's Queer Contact festival, U.K.'s Daily Mail reported. During the play, Jo Clifford says, "I love my Mum. I am the daughter of God and almost certainty the son also." Clifford continues: "Our Mother who art on Earth, blessed is your name. … Give us this day our daily kisses, for yours is the Queendom …," as the attendees could see images of gay couples kissing.

"It is quite clear from the Gospels that the identity of Jesus is male, his 'mum' is Mary and He always refers to God as 'Father,' so to suggest otherwise is contrary to Christian teaching," former Bishop of Rochester, Rt Rev. Michael Nazir-Ali, was quoted as saying.

The Bishop of Manchester, David Walker, chose not to stop the performance.

LINK

If anyone wants to pervert the teachings of the Gospel .....well I guess that is their right but to do this in a house of God? Most here at ATS know what God's laws are in both OT and NT and HIS opinion concerning homosexuals:

The Bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often. But when it does, it condemns it as sin. Let's take a look:

Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Romans 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

I am not here to judge anyone of their personal decisions and choices; use your freewill as you see fit but a church is known for its hard line commitment to following the teachings of the bible and the bible does not support homosexual views and practices.

The Bishop of Manchester not only allowed the play to go on inside a church but supported the play by allowing it to proceed and as a alleged follower of God and the church he has committed not only Blasphemy but has committed a gross sin as a leader of the church by directly going against the teachings of the bible.

IMO the local Christians should boycott this church for it has mocked God by allowing this type of behavior inside an alleged holy building dedicated to God. The Holy Spirit has left this church. This Bishop of Manchester is a fraud and anyone who follows his teachings is being misguided. This building is now empty, God's spirit has left and now comes its ruins.

I would not want to be in the shoes of this alleged Bishop- Lets see what happens in the weeks....months to come.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Nothing like a Christian judging others on how they practice their religion. Good times.

PS: Transsexualism and homosexuality aren't the same thing.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

(post by DeathSlayer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Are you looking for outrage or forgiveness?

It seems like you want Wrath, rather than Mercy.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It is called SATANIC desecration, I would love to see if the Bishop whom has allowed this is even a believer or if like so many of the supposed clergy he/she is just in it for the career with a doctorate in theological studys but no real faith in the Lord.

Another way of looking at it is self excomunication, beware the wolf in sheep's clothing and the bad shepherd whom leads his flock to there death's.

I believe in freedom of choice but each individual must know they will be held responsible for there choices in this life, this is simply desecration and it is Satanic to boot.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Meh.

Free speech and all.

But if this is allowed I should be allowed to play the life of the prophet mohumed in a pig outfit.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

And? Are queer people not allowed to watch plays put on by transsexuals in a church?

How is this play any worse than watching Life of Brian?
edit on 16-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Lmao this is blasphemous but a white male jesus isnt.... Lol

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe it was an outreach thing? I can't think of a better way to get masses of sinners into your church than to host an event like this. Maybe he's more on the "forgiveness" side of the bible as apposed to the "fire and brimstone" angle.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It is called SATANIC desecration, I would love to see if the Bishop whom has allowed this is even a believer or if like so many of the supposed clergy he/she is just in it for the career with a doctorate in theological studys but no real faith in the Lord.

Another way of looking at it is self excomunication, beware the wolf in sheep's clothing and the bad shepherd whom leads his flock to there death's.

I believe in freedom of choice but each individual must know they will be held responsible for there choices in this life, this is simply desecration and it is Satanic to boot.

Exactly! Spot on! .... and then people see this Bishop as a man of God and then judge all Christians based upon a few foolish and misguided fools as this Bishop is.

This is one of the problems today in Christianity....... some of its leaders and those idiots on TV making fools of themselves; being led down the dark path to everlasting destruction so they can have a life of luxury, or fame, or power but it is short lived and not everlasting for these traitors.

Believers know many churches have already been penetrated by Satan and have fallen; one reason why many churches no longer have God's spirit in them. BUT the good news is that they have NOT all fallen.

Many churches have been desecrated by evil just as St Chrysostom's church in Manchester's Victoria Park. God does not hear the prayers of those who follow the dark side. It take repentance and then forgiveness which is something that is lacking at this church.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Meh.

Free speech and all.

But if this is allowed I should be allowed to play the life of the prophet mohumed in a pig outfit.

Then you should try this at a local Muslim mosque and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And? Are queer people not allowed to watch plays put on by transsexuals in a church?

Don't know for I have not watched either..... both are foolish and a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's not politically incorrect, it's Religiously Incorrect. People are offended by someone else's opinions... What should we do? Shut it down because someone is offended?

From your source:

The Bishop of Manchester, David Walker, chose not to stop the performance.

"That an artistic performance is offensive to Christians does not of itself amount to grounds for seeking to prevent it taking place," he was quoted as saying. "In a richly diverse society, of which Manchester is a proud standard bearer, none of us has the right to be protected from being offended.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Don't know for I have not watched either..... both are foolish and a waste of time.

How can you say that if you haven't watched them?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I can't find Satan mentioned in that article anywhere.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Life of Brian was not shown in a church or sanctioned by a bishop. That is the point. Not a gay rights or free speech question at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

By law, you are "allowed" to prance around in a pig outfit, claiming your the profit Mohammed... if that's what you truly want to do.

Or do you mean you should be allowed to do it without having your precious reputation on FB annihilated by the PC crowd you're friend's with?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Nothing like a Christian judging others on how they practice their religion. Good times.

PS: Transsexualism and homosexuality aren't the same thing.

turn this in to an article about mocking Islam and suddenly your post completely changes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join