It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO denies Boeing Protest of LRS-B Contract Award

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Every time you post about govt. procurement, I thank my lucky stars I am a purchasing manager for a commercial business with no government contracts. Whenever a colleague or subordinate complains about my purchasing guidelines, I tell them: "Do you want me to change these to match Federal standards? 'Cause I'll do it!" That typically shuts them up.

Hey me too, Utilities...great profession!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The US Air Force is stating they will be releasing more details about the LRS-B in March. No specific date set. I'd guess middle to late month.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

"It has wings, and those engine things, oh, and landing gear."

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

"It has wings, and those engine things, oh, and landing gear."

Aaaawww here I was hoping it would be skids :-P

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Scuffs the hangar floor too much. Then they have to take money out of the flying budget to buff it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
They are leaning towards P&W as propulsion so ADVENT is a given.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

The only bad part about that is all the competing bidder has to do is show them a picture of Kelly McGillis as she looks at that point in time: those guys used to have wet dreams about her and the F-14...I promise you, the dreams will be shattered that day.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
nvm.
edit on 2/19/2016 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

They'll announce that, and everyone will immediately jump to it's hypersonic, with a 15,000 mile range, and 90,000 pound payload.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Don't forget exoatmospheric.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Imperium Americana

Believe me I have been very tempted to go back to the private sector. One of my big motivations is trying to do a small part in protecting the taxpayers dollar from waste and abuse. I've had offers to go private where I'd make a lot more money doing contract law but alas somehow I am still here. I figured I may be able to help change things for the better but slowly realizing that is waaay above my pay grade.

We've gone through three supervisors in two years, one of which died from a stress induced aneurism in the parking lot of the office.

Anyways, I may stick around depending on how some upcoming interviews go that would get me a lot closer to my dream job of combining contracting with aviation nerdiness, so maybe then I'll have some more inside knowledge that I would barely be able to hint at here on the forums

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Boeing just replaced the head of the defense unit.

Fallout from the loss of the LRS-B?

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It mentions in the first sentence of the linked article that the outgoing Chadwick was retiring. Not really a sacking per say and goes on to say that Boeing has been grooming his replacement for some time and not likely linked to the LRSB decision.

Boeing has been going through some upper level layoffs for the last month or so however.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
Collateral damage of the Northrop win for sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

meh. I've seen comments like that from contractors before when it wasn't true. They might have just wanted to transition now because of the lull or felt they needed the fresh blood now due to the dire straights Boeing's defense business is in.

In other news, McCain is UnHappy With the LRS-B Contract:

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
He has Boeing stock ?

edit on 25-2-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

No. He has a crusade against certain types of contracts and waste in the DOD.

He's been a very aggressive attacker of anything that looks funny to him, right or not.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

They seriously need mandatory retirement ages for Congress critters.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

True. We all remember Thurmond. o.O

Back on topic, apparently the air force brass is stating they will be cutting one of the older bombers when the LRS-B goes IOC. Word is its the Bone.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Most likely. It's been the most problematical of the group.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join