It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Festival Infiltrators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I apologise for not raising the alarm at the time. I was in an uncommunicative state. Anyway, misplaced loyalty being what it is, an attempt to alert others would have probably have ended badly.

That's my disclaimer.

This is my story.

I was at a well known and moderately fluffy festival. I sat on a chair, hidden in the folds of a marquee wall, looking at the stars. Gradually all patrons left the establishment until I was one of three left. I was invisible to the other two.

One was the manager of the establishment. An unpleasant man who delighted in finding an opportunity to use a put-down. I can only assume he was tolerated because he provided an efficient service. The other was an extremely odd and bitter Londoner who had come to visit the manager.

I hadn't noticed their conversation, lost as I was studying the stars, until the tone changed.

First a change in atmosphere then a period of silence. Then the visitor asked, "Have they all gone?" Another silence, presumably as the manager checked around. "Yes" the manager said.

When the conversation continued the reason for the visit became clear. The visitor had come to check on how the infiltration was going. I have no idea who these people were working for or why.

Never trust a hippy.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If you're reading this Kester, you've been in a coma for almost 20 years now. We're trying a new technique, we don't know where this message will end up in your dream, but we hope we're getting through. Please wake up!!

a reply to: Kester

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

When the conversation continued the reason for the visit became clear. The visitor had come to check on how the infiltration was going.

hmmm right...what infiltration?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Infiltration and a bitter Londoner? Sounds like an undercover police operation to me. The Londoner is probably the handler, and the manager the plant.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What group was being infiltrated? And for what purpose?
The festival-goers? (But they could just buy tickets, so it's not clear what help could be needed)
The staff?
The music providers? ("Yes, we managed to sneak a performance of Beethoven's Fifth onto one of the side-stages, a great coup")

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You just asked all my questions in one go, but I'm curious now.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Festivals, raves, clubs, you name it, they've always been there.
Most of the time you wouldn't notice too much but sometimes they stuck out like a sore thumb with neon lights on.
They were hilarious in Shelley's right from the start.
We just danced around them.
In many ways.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
As if the queues for the filthy bogs weren't bad enough, festivals are also being infiltrated now?

My last was V97. Never again :-)

I'll stick to bike rallies, at least you know who's who there.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I've worked with plain clothes undercover security at three major UK festivals. They were there to prevent planned arson at one event and gang-related crime at all three.

Could've been that.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's always good to see the public properly protected.

No, this was creepy infiltration for goodness knows what reason. The possibilities for information gathering would have been enormous. From there disruption further afield if disruption and misdirection of alternative culture was the aim.

I've just read a history of that particular festival brand written by an insider. Disturbing. The insider recounted occurrences that I see as being the result of deliberate disruptive psychology.

I can't possibly name the festival brand or the establishment that functioned on such a well organised basis. All I can say is that establishment was a plant, but it seemed far from police to me. I suppose it could have been a small group of far right fanatics. Or they could have been child catchers. (Heart sinks.)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Too nasty. Much too nasty. My hearts sinking now when I realise they could have been child catchers. I'd never thought that until now.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The whole festival infiltrated by providing a well run marquee where the majority gathered at some point through the day. Purpose unknown but from the words overheard not good.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You know, Kester, I appreciate the chance to ruminate on matters as much as the next fellow. That's a lie, I enjoy it far more than the next fellow. However, I rather think that it might be wise for you to fill in a few blanks here, because otherwise it will be rather difficult to follow your reasoning to the logical conclusion you seem to have reached.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

How the hell did you go invisible and can you teach me?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Its a possibility.
More likely its going to be something related to more straightforward criminal types.
If you look at the amount of money involved, particularly "outside catering" shall we say. It doesn't come as a surprise that there are some less than scrupulous characters around.
Follow the money.
Not going to find much out from a bunch of gurning ravers.
Trust no one.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I was sitting on a chair with a canvas marquee wall folded up on both sides of me. I was tucked into the folds looking at the stars. Skywatching. I would only have been visible if you stood directly in front of me. They were in the marquee behind me. I don't know how far he moved to look around. Just looking out and side to side wouldn't have given any clue I was there.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Tricky. I can't name the festival brand or establishment for obvious reasons.

I can't remember the exact words I overheard. After first hearing the visitor check that everyone had left I still had no reason to think the conversation would be so unsettling.

It was only as the conversation progressed it became clear the simple question was, 'How's the infiltration going?' I don't remember exactly if there were questions about anyone showing suspicion but it must have been something along those lines. I was left with the long term impression that a nasty infiltration was carried out in plain sight. It's only as the years go by and more information about infiltration and steering of society becomes available that these uncomfortable experiences become seriously troubling.

I'm looking at it all as an indication of how we're being manipulated now.
edit on 16 2 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just keep an eye out for walking stereotypes. They stick out like a sore thumb. You can't take a college educated, groomed and trained law enforcement officer with years of professional experience and turn them into a dirty hippy overnight.

They stick out badly if you look. Seriously. Tie-dye leggings with peace symbol ear rings, John Lennon sunglasses. That kind of thing. Sometimes you'll see awkward people who are JUST a TAD bit to old to be attending, looking a little lost or overwhelmed.

That is, of course, if it's not a super dooper deep cover investigation by some really scary intelligence services like MI6, CIA or the FBI..those agencies can get actual criminals to be "informants". Those informants blend in perfectly because they're NOT law enforcement. The informants are usually trying to strike a deal and get their sentences reduced or charges dropped.

So, be wary of new "friends", especially if they seem eager to do or say something. Informants usually need information or action from someone to be of use to the intelligence community. That is, of course, unless they're just doing a "names and pictures" kind of operation.

Just keep your eyes peeled and don't be to eager to make new friends, especially really enthusiastic friends.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Actual criminals to be informants.

This is what drives me, amongst other things. A criminal member of my family was given the choice between jail or informant, provocateur, eventually false flag bomber. Sydney Hilton Bombing.

Stuff all crooked intelligence agencies and police who use criminals for dirty jobs.

Being less cryptic. If it looks like a low-life drug dealer it might be a disruptive agent working for a money grabbing intelligence agency. They teach them disruptive psychology. I deal with the effects every day. I'm going to drink beer.

top topics

join