It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate Need For Child Protection Programme At Calais Migrant Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is Liz, one of the true humanitarians at Calais. I've been told by a friend who watched her work she is an expert at getting the best out of volunteers. Particularly those who are there to glorify themselves. She can skilfully steer them in a more appropriate direction.

Handing out endless new jeans, padded coats, trainers and food to young men is so easy, but helping the children achieve some sort of normality is so difficult.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

This is Liz, one of the true humanitarians at Calais. I've been told by a friend who watched her work she is an expert at getting the best out of volunteers. Particularly those who are there to glorify themselves. She can skilfully steer them in a more appropriate direction.

Handing out endless new jeans, padded coats, trainers and food to young men is so easy, but helping the children achieve some sort of normality is so difficult.

Been wondering where these zealous child protection authorities are with all these 'refugees"

I bet they are and will continue to be immune from the shocking stories I read about re white families in the US, the UK and Australia to a lesser degree. (dunno anything about Canandian situation)

It certainly appears to me that most of the immigrant families obviously have "no visible means of support" and would loose their kids on those grounds alone, let alone they are not sending their kids to school etc.

I would expect all the authorities would bedescending on these people by the convoy load?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
It certainly appears to me that most of the immigrant families obviously have "no visible means of support" and would loose their kids on those grounds alone, let alone they are not sending their kids to school etc.

I would expect all the authorities would bedescending on these people by the convoy load?

I think the problem is the child protection authorities in France don't have any jurisdiction as these immigrants are not registered for Asylum as they want to claim Asylum in the UK and they're not French citizens either so they're effectively "on holiday" in France while waiting to get into the UK which will never happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Jurisdiction? You are subject to a country's laws when you are in that country, whether you are a citizen of that country or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: Azureblue

I think the problem is the child protection authorities in France don't have any jurisdiction as these immigrants are not registered for Asylum as they want to claim Asylum in the UK and they're not French citizens either so they're effectively "on holiday" in France while waiting to get into the UK which will never happen.

Illegal or legally there, on French soil they're under their laws.

Point in case, you do the crime in Mexico, while visiting from elsewhere, you are in jail in Mexico.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

IF that was the case then the authorities would have already done something

Lack of action on the part of child protection service suggests contrary to your opinion

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Please help me to understand this?

What is happening to the children in Calais?

Already, many times, journalists and helpers have been assaulted with violence in Calais Jungle. Why are these people so savage? War is not an excuse... my home was bombed by America, and I do not become savage for it.... why are these people so violent? Don't they understand, that it will only stop their progress?

I understand, a refugee camp is no nice place. But everywhere, I see people blaming Europe! This may be difficult truth, but us in Europe must be careful, because already there is so many attacks on Europeans by these migrants. They have no problem to bite the hand what feeds. So easy to say "do more, do more!" when you are safe away from this, but there is so many factors. It is natural when the UK is cautious in inviting them inside their country. The native citizens must have priority. And why is these refugees so selective when they choose the country they want?

Though yes I do think help should be done for children. Maybe the men are savage, but the children are innocent in this. But again, simply it is not safe for many people to enter the Jungle.

new topics

top topics

join