It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Corporate Lobbyists Conquered American Democracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have told people time and time again that the way to limit the ability of any group (corporation, union, PAC) to use cash donations to purchase influence from politicians is to limit the power of politicians.
If they dont have anything to sell then no one will be purchasing...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: jacobe001

It isn't the Rockafellers to worry about.

Oh FFS, Mel Gibson. Don't tease. Just say your piece.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

nice job....this is the true BS in this country....it affects the poor/middle class of republicans, independents, and democrats....there is no political party for the poor

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

nice job....this is the true BS in this country....it affects the poor/middle class of republicans, independents, and democrats....there is no political party for the poor

Nope, there is no representation in this country for the average American.
Unless you have thousands of dollars to buy your own puppet politicians

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The politicians don't matter anymore, the only vestiges of the Republic and elected representatives is their title and where they sit in Washington.

Otherwise, its like a bunch of pigs at a trough waiting to be fed. The farmers are in control of the hogs, when and what they get fed. They run the farm.

The farmers are bankers.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I am no Mel Gibson!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I will post this elsewhere as well like Citydata forum to spread the word around once I get the chance to make some corrections that I was not allowed to post.

edit on 16-2-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
How the innocent think they can change the world.
Here's one of Obamas speeches from not so long ago.

"Make no mistake: We need to end an era in Washington where accountability has been absent, oversight has been overlooked, your tax dollars have been turned over to wealthy CEOs and the well-connected corporations,"
"You need leadership you can trust to work for you, not for the special interests who have had their thumb on the scale. And together, we will tell Washington, and their lobbyists, that their days of setting the agenda are over. They have not funded my campaign. You have. They will not run my White House. You'll help me run my White House." 

At least his heart was in the right place.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmybob

The innocence died in 2008 when we all realized that we are not a republic or a democracy.

Obama did not fail. We the people failed giving the majority to a bunch of idiots in congress who are not innocent but bought prostitutes.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
In My book this means war..............

We already lost the war!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I call what the OP very masterfully enumerates CRIME.

It’s an official, sanctioned criminal enterprise that rules us as bad as any government in history from the Roman Empire to the worst rule of communism and fascism.

It’s this way because what comes with the corporate idol worship is a kind of mental disease that has plagued the world with various social and psychological retardation of the soul and spirit.

This system is the result of radical greedy capitalism, NAZISM, and the ability to deceive unlike any system that has ever been. In other words the Western insanity hides behind a portentous “ we’re the good guy’s bull sh__.... While this world literally falls apart...

If you want the real deal I bid you to go to your library and get this book TODAY!
Or buy it. Its a masterpiece

The Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America’s Secret Government

www.globalresearch.ca...

This is a bold and profoundly important book, not only for the portrait of the evil spymaster Allen Dulles, but even more so for its examination of the legacy he spawned – the creation of a cabal hidden behind the public face of the United States government that secretly runs the country today on behalf of wealthy elites.

The psychopathic Allen Dulles was the enforcer for this group, called “the power elite” by C. Wright Mills in the
1950s

In recent years, especially since September 11, 2001, as its power has expanded, it has been given different names – the deep state, the national security state, deep politics,etc. – but that has not diminished its power one jot. Like a patient who goes to a doctor seeking a label for vague yet disturbing symptoms, people may feel relief from the naming, but the dis-ease continues until the root cause is eliminated. Aye, there’s the rub!

This book shows us the ideology behind the worst of what’s happened today and it’s sinister architects.

edit on 17-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

thank you for this well argumented post, hope some people can understand how the world works, not just USA......

you touch my italian history quoting Mussolini, we still have, here, people thinking he did good for Italy and common people, your quote is a nice example how he didn't and either didn't wont....

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
It also interesting to point out that prior to Corporate Lobbying in DC, Food Aid consisted of a block of cheese and canned USDA Goods and Rice

That went away when Lobbyists for Groceries wanted a cut of the action

So now, people know how we transitioned from Government Surplus Foods to Brand Named Foods

It's a little more complex than that. Giving those food contracts was considered an open door for corruption but if you hand out money to people directly (assuming there's controls to ensure they can only spend it on what they're supposed to spend it on), you go from the government dictating which company wins to the eventual purchaser dictating who they want to do business with. The fact that it adds some choice into a persons life is generally more healthy for the persons psyche as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Yes I agree with you on that...

The thing that saddens me the most is that even if one of the good guys were to get elected, he would not likely not live long enough to do much good.

I read somewhere yesterday that US Presidents have been targeted for assassination more than 20 times in history.

There's only been 44 for crying out loud!

I mean obviously we have a very serious problem when EVERY person who has the ability to change the world is murdered.

I would be very surprised if that number is only 20. An average of 20 per president sounds way more likely (but still low). Only some assassination attempts have actually happened, and even fewer were successful but every President has a long list of people that want them gone, from the crazy people in our own population to foreign governments that want to change policy. Just as a short list I bet every terrorist group in the world that sees the US as the enemy has some plan to assassinate the President, I bet Russia has a plan, China, Saudi Arabia, Mexican cartels... for that matter, given the way governments like to plan every eventuality I bet that even Canada has drafted up a plan to kill the President if required.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
No you have to be lying! Good Republicans and their CAPITALISM and free market are still the best thing for the people and those poor billionaires will not make it if we do not stop picking on them. How can business even succeed when we are at war with them so often?

Lowering taxes on the rich and ensuring no union exists is the only way to prosper. The good rich man gets an extra dollar in his pocket and gives away 90 percent of. It just trickles down to us like a gift from heaven. Heaven being a good analogy because they are good and they are great, and they give us life.

/sarcasm off

The people are the supply, the demand, the producers, the workers. We have the money but don't know we can collectively choose how to spend it. I say this is war.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That's a dreadful list of symptoms. All of which share one root cause: the American people continually elect the wrong representatives. Put someone in office who isn't so easily corrupted, and the lobbyists become ineffective.

Apathy and ignorance are the enemy, not business. If/when the overall situation improves and the economy rebounds, most of the people now complaining about corporate lobbyists will stop following the news and dive back into reality TV and social media. They'll elect more corrupt politicians and the cycle will continue.

Or, we could re-establish civic duty and political awareness as national values. Won't hold my breath on that.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
That's a dreadful list of symptoms. All of which share one root cause: the American people continually elect the wrong representatives. Put someone in office who isn't so easily corrupted, and the lobbyists become ineffective.

The Candidates the Corporate Media have been pushing to the public to select from are all Globalists.
CRUZ - His wife was a Goldman Sachs VP and Board Member with the CFR. Some say that is only his wife and would have no effect on him but then they must not be married to know how much the wife effects the say on matters. Look at Bill and Hillary for example during Bill's term.

Rubio - Pro H1B and Amnesty
Clinton - CFR Board Member
Kasich - Pro Amnesty

and last but not least

Trump met with CFR Bosss Richard Haass
www.infowars.com...

And the fact that secretive CFR and Bilderberg spokes people would come out in the open on Corporate Media against Trump tells me all I need to know on their game plan.

There are no real options, just more establishment puppets

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The sad reality is that without wholesale legislative change to our campaign and lobbying laws this paradigm is here for the foreseeable future. Asking Congress to alter this system would be like asking them to shut off their own personal ATM's.

Many can look forward to careers after politics where they make large salaries heading back to Capitol Hill as lobbyists who, since they were former politicians, know how to more deftly navigate the morass that is Washington cronyism.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Many can look forward to careers after politics where they make large salaries heading back to Capitol Hill as lobbyists who, since they were former politicians, know how to more deftly navigate the morass that is Washington cronyism.

I agree
The revolving door between Industry and DC is flabbergasting and destructive to this country
They do not want to end that gravy train and worst of all, even if we could put in Jesus Christ as a President,
he would still have to deal with hundreds of Crony Politicians that would stop him at every level and they would make him out to be the devil in the Corporate Media.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Your crazy if you think our extremely ethical politicians would allow billions to effect their decision on our policy.

You even had Hillary herself tell you that is not the case. Despite how many millions she takes from special interest groups it will not effect her judgement, she even told us. What more do you want?

Everyone is so happy with the system that somehow this guy has become the answer?

edit on 02331America/ChicagoSat, 05 Mar 2016 10:02:36 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join