It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the bible copyrighted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Jesus? ATF? Koresh?

Did I misquote you?

Did that change your intending meaning into something ridiculous?
Then the television's opinion on the matter is surely truer.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Did I misquote you?

No. You produced a complete fabrication.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

the difference being?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

A copyright for the Bible CAN be obtained for someone's VERSION of it. Version only. Like a songs arrangement of someone else's copyrighted song.

MS
Copyright owner

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

A copyright for the Bible CAN be obtained for someone's VERSION of it. Version only. Like a songs arrangement of someone else's copyrighted song.

MSCopyright owner

You should witness the arguments over copy write ownership of the "Urantia Book" Its crazy; (bloodsport).
edit on 15-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What would be the point even of uploading entire books of the bible? A single English translation would be a weak place to start any discussion because it is just a translation of another text and therefore subtle differences in wording can occur that change things just enough to give a passage another way of interpreting it.

I find the link below good for when I want to look up passages because it lets you compare multiple translations

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Why would you want to copy and paste whole sections of the bible onto a Conspiracy website?

Think you may find the site probably already had every word written in the bible "copy and pasted" several times over - don't waste your time or this sites server space - surely there's a Christain website you can do this on!

edit on 16.2.2016 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Any idea how many versions of the Christian Bible are out there? Never gave thought about this before...
Just a guess as I think its in the thousands .It might be easier to find out what language it is not in . English alone has many for many reasons aside from the way English language has changed over time .

eta a example you might get a kick out of

edit on 16-2-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We do not need to see entire books of the Bible posted on ATS.

Agreed, posting the chapters and verse numbers would be sufficient, rather than having to wade through pages of text just to get to the point.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks, 2ofusr1 !

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

WHY ????? just why ????????????????????????

there are hundreds of websites out there offering online sources for multiple versions of the bible

ie :

genesis 1

kjv

NIV

note both translations are hosted by the same source

why the heck does ATS need to support a copy of bilical texts ??????????????

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: annalisa2016

originally posted by: Phage

We do not need to see entire books of the Bible posted on ATS.

Agreed, posting the chapters and verse numbers would be sufficient, rather than having to wade through pages of text just to get to the point.

This is the wrong forum; one can post scripture on Faith Religion Theology (has always been allowed).

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I really think it is pointless, as has been pointed out by many previous to this post, to copy paste entire passages of the Bible into ATS.

And some above linked sites gave you some free versions online you can use. I have often used The NWT when referencing Scripture.

Also there is a free App available for Apple, Google, and Windows to download and utlize the Bible in several different translations including the KJV here: JW Library.

You can alternativly just search for keyword: JW Library in the App store of your choice to find it and download it free of charge.

It not only comes with four different Bibles, it also has dozens of books, thousands of magazines, and lots of videos, movies, documentaries, and music, including songs, and orchestral arrangements, and dramas, all free of charge, in hundreds of languages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join